• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

  • Follow the 2026 Olympia on September 24 to 27, 2026!

Torn quadriceps tendon

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Dec 17, 2016
Messages
3,248
Points
48
A close friend had suffered a torn quadriceps tendon. To be honest, I do not exactly know what this is. But my friend is forbidden to use his feet in walking so he was confined to his bed or the wheelchair. From what I understand, he would undergo therapy for some weeks before he would be allowed normal mobility. And the findings of the doctor is that you need to exercise regularly so your tendons will be active especially if you are overweight (like my friend).
 
D

Decentlady

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Nov 2, 2016
Messages
217
Points
18
Quadriceps are a group of thigh muscles that actually extends the knee joint. This group is essential in running, walking, jogging etc.

He needs plenty of rest to recover from the tendon injury if it is just a minor one.
 
B

BigTex

Member
Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2017
Messages
13
Points
1
A close friend had suffered a torn quadriceps tendon. To be honest, I do not exactly know what this is. But my friend is forbidden to use his feet in walking so he was confined to his bed or the wheelchair. From what I understand, he would undergo therapy for some weeks before he would be allowed normal mobility. And the findings of the doctor is that you need to exercise regularly so your tendons will be active especially if you are overweight (like my friend).

In 2010, I ruptured all three quadriceps tendons plus the patella ligament ruptured and completely detached (medialis, lateralis and quadriceps tendons). I could not do anything with my leg but was put in a restrictive brace and crutches. All three tendons had to be reattached and the patella fastened back the the knee. I still about about a 10" scar. It was a long rehab and my knee has never been the same. I was however, back in the gym after a week doing upper body and doing VERY light leg work in 4 weeks. The biggest thing that helped was doing the bike. At 1st I could not even do a full rotation of the pedals and had to go back and forth. Never want to go through that again. My injury was caused by powerlifting, pushed the envelope too far and finally it gave.
 
Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
May 30, 2018
Messages
506
Points
18
A quadriceps pulled muscle often occurs with middle-aged individuals who play sports that involve running and jumping. These injuries can range from a minor ache to a major thing, depending on the severity of the strain or tear. You need to rest, ice, compress, and elevate this injury.
 
Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jun 17, 2018
Messages
630
Points
18
It's a thigh muscle injury and it can be very nasty at times depending on how you got yourself injured. It's just like having a serious hamstring injury or ankle injury on both legs, you are definitely not going to be walking to anywhere sooner or later till you heal.
 

Similar threads

Bodybuilding News
Replies
0
Views
2K
Bodybuilding News
Bodybuilding News
S
Replies
3
Views
3K
StanG
S
Top