• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Unbelievable police story

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
but it can be argued that it was in defense of his right to protect his property.
I understandly completely what you're saying, but that could never be a defense because thats not how the law works. and police officers are obligated to adhere strictly to the law.

if the homeowner would have shot and killed the officers....that would have been an example of how to protect your property.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Duality... for arguments sake, say for example an average good samaritan walking the street had done this, and not a police officer, what would be your response?

a little different. a police officer takes an oath upon completion of their academy to protect and serve. now this just as many things can be broadly interpreted. you can see how their actions here easily fit into this oath they so swore to upkeep. and still it can be looked at that they actually were helping to insure his rights by informing him of his mistakes (albeit while violating another right). now this last part is lawyer talk i know and i'm only doing it for my attempt to debate with tech. he views things without any gray area and sometimes there is a need for that and i believe this situation is a prime example.

however a citizen does not have the authority a cop does nor have they sworn to help whenever they can. however morally i believe they still are doing something to help their fellow man and that must be viewed as a positive.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
however morally i believe they still are doing something to help their fellow man and that must be viewed as a positive.
the man in the story said he felt violated, and his sons and nephews were afraid.

I'm sure any other person in his position would be scared and violated also. Which is the reason we have laws that are supposed to protect us from police who abuse their powers.

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
maybe the cops were really just strippers dressed as cops (females) and thats why they went on upstairs ....... Then I would def invite them right on in. :carduindisguise

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
the man in the story said he felt violated, and his sons and nephews were afraid.

I'm sure any other person in his position would be scared and violated also. Which is the reason we have laws that are supposed to protect us from police who abuse their powers.

meh..... i'm sure any of us would be startled if woken up in the middle of the night, especially by cops. but once the dust settles i would thank the cops for their service. idk about the man feeling "violated" i think that's a little bit of a hyperbole on his part. of course children are going to be scared of two guys walking in to your home no matter who they are. but you're right this will go down in the books as an "abuse of power" however that will not be a just description.

do i think cops should routinely do this? absolutely not. do i think a couple cops going out of their way to inform a man he was very careless is a news worthy article that is even remotely neccesary? also no.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
cop, burgurlar, alien if anyone came in my house without an invite regardless of the time I would suplex them out of their boots. Its not the point if they are good willed they were not invited. I hope he sues the pants off them.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
maybe the cops were really just strippers dressed as cops (females) and thats why they went on upstairs ....... Then I would def invite them right on in. :carduindisguise

I didn't know Rocky lived there...

P

Pioneer

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'd have to agree with Duality on this one, think about it police doing public service campaign ends up at a house where garage open, keys in ingiation and door left open? After knocking at door no one answering... wtf are you guys on about? it would be more screwed up if they didnt look into this.

Seriously alot of these things are signs of a crime esp doing all those 3 things then not answering door. You guys like this idoit are just moaning about nothing, if there was at crime commited there and police just walked away you would be moaning about police not doing anything. This man should be grateful.

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
oh yes i am aware of that. still you're harping on something that was a display of human compassion and shoud not be viewed as a negative. try looking at it in a humane way rather than from the lawyer's perspective.

spin it this way. we all have a right to our personal property correct? were the police not aiding in this man's consitutional right to protect his property...? they violated one right, but helped another.

couldnt agree more bro, uve made some awesome posts in this thread, repped:tiphat:

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Duality and Bulkboy, you guys are just fucking ridiculous. This was a complete abuse of police powers, and totally over the line. It's just part of a trend that more and more, many police are acting like they are above the law, and the sad thing is, the judicial system treats them as such.

If they actually wanted to help, I could accept that they took the man's keys out, put them in his mailbox and left a note on the door. To barge into his bedroom in the middle of the night is inexcusable. Can you honestly say that you would be appreciative if you woke up at 3am with two police officers in your room? Tech hit the nail on the head with the nanny state comment.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
This was a complete abuse of police powers, and totally over the line.
what bothers me most is the fact that they abused their powers for such a stupid reason. an unlocked door? an open garage? a television left on?

if having an unlocked door or a televison on at 3am is enough for police to illegally walk into your home, then police could probably go into about 25% of the homes in any given city.

I sleep with my windows open when the weather is nice.......should the police have the right to crawl through my window to let me know that I left it open? :wutyousay:

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'd have to agree with Duality on this one, think about it police doing public service campaign ends up at a house where garage open, keys in ingiation and door left open? After knocking at door no one answering... wtf are you guys on about? it would be more screwed up if they didnt look into this.

Seriously alot of these things are signs of a crime esp doing all those 3 things then not answering door. You guys like this idoit are just moaning about nothing, if there was at crime commited there and police just walked away you would be moaning about police not doing anything. This man should be grateful.

very good points. tell me IS and tech since tech posed the question to me if the cops found something illegal in this man's house having followed improper procedure would it be right for them to arrest him? i gave you my response. now i have question for you, what if a break in/robbery/ murder were being commited? from the cops perspective, if you saw a house with all these unusual aspects (yes unusual, leavine a key in the ignition, door open and garage door open are not the norm in this day and age, especially at night) could you not reason that something potentially dangerous might be happening? what if these cops did nothing but there was something serious happening, what would your response be then to the cops that did nothing?

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Origninally posted by Ironslave
Can you honestly say that you would be appreciative if you woke up at 3am with two police officers in your room? Tech hit the nail on the head with the nanny state comment.

i can honestly say that initially i would be very startled if not outright scared. but once the cops explained themselves, i would likely send them off with a thank you. i would rather be waken up than leave chance to any of my property being stolen or broken into.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
what if a break in/robbery/ murder were being commited? from the cops perspective, if you saw a house with all these unusual aspects (yes unusual, leavine a key in the ignition, door open and garage door open are not the norm in this day and age, especially at night) could you not reason that something potentially dangerous might be happening? what if these cops did nothing but there was something serious happening, what would your response be then to the cops that did nothing?

Give me a break, they went in and talked to the children first, it clearly says so. You'd have to be pretty fucking paranoid to think somebody is capable of breaking into a house and committing a murder, or staying in there very long for a robbery and not waking one of the four children. If they actually thought something was going on, they should have kept knocking and ringing the doorbell until someone answered, none of these situations provide the "just cause" to enter the home.

What's next, going up into their room and checking their pulse to make sure they haven't had a heart attack? It's just a perfect example of the trend that police are willing to step over the line and abuse their powers, while citizens are having their civil rights violated.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
very good points. tell me IS and tech since tech posed the question to me if the cops found something illegal in this man's house having followed improper procedure would it be right for them to arrest him? i gave you my response. now i have question for you, what if a break in/robbery/ murder were being commited? from the cops perspective, if you saw a house with all these unusual aspects (yes unusual, leavine a key in the ignition, door open and garage door open are not the norm in this day and age, especially at night) could you not reason that something potentially dangerous might be happening? what if these cops did nothing but there was something serious happening, what would your response be then to the cops that did nothing?
in my opinion, opened/unlocked doors isn't enough reason for the police to suspect something is wrong. like I said, people leave garage doors and fronts doors unlocked all the time....hell, one of the doors on my house doesn't even lock. (lol)

if there was broken glass, broken windows, broken door frames, screaming, blood, lights knocked over, dogs barking, or anything like that....then, yeah maybe the police would have justification for being concerned.

the irony of it all is the fact that the police broke the very law they were trying to "help" enforce.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think all make great points, it is a subjective matter for sure. Good debate, I enjoyed reading this entire thread

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'd tell them to GTFO, to be honest.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
if the police were really good willed rather then come into the house they should of got back into their car, turned on their sirens, pulled out their megaphone and gone. "oi, bra everything alright in der, ya tv is still on ay,them god channels are on."

The only acceptable reason to enter someone elses property in my book without an invite and lawfully would be a house fire where smoke is clearly visible from the street. Even this would be grounds for debate.

frezzy

frezzy

I much rather have a cop wake me up than have my car stolen, kids kidnapped/killed, and everything in my house gone.