• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

US Veteran furious American flag flying lower than Mexico's

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Well if you look at our history and lots of the propaganda throughout the years you will see that the U.S. pushes patriotism and respect for the country and the symbols. A lot like the Romans did.

So did Nazi Germany.

skindnef

skindnef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The flag should never be drawn back or bunched up in any way.

- When the flag is lowered, no part of it should touch the ground or any other object; it should be received by waiting hands and arms. To store the flag it should be folded neatly and ceremoniously.

That's how I was raised, I was flag boy with another kid at school & come from a military involved family. Braqq's absolutely right, like Rome indeed. Think of the star spangled banner before every game. Song about the banner still waving. The whole thing is a matter of respect. Like Ryeland said, both were wrong and both prob felt disrespected, and communication broke down and the veteran acted in the heat of the moment.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
both were wrong

I hardly think this is fair, the legislation in this regard is quite ridiculous and I doubt the poor shop keeper would have realised he was breaking any laws.

I really can't believe there are so many people taking the crazy old bastards side.

skindnef

skindnef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dude, I'm not taking sides. He was wrong. The shop owner prob had No idea about the Law.
The Old guy took matters into his own hands, which broke the Law. Your opinion about a Law or my opinion doesn't really matter. It's a Law either way.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
DAY TOOK R JEEEERRRRRRRBS!

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
the man who tore down the flag is making that argument, I don't see anyone else on here mentioning that at all.... :confused:

Last edited by a moderator: