• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

WalMart FTW

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i made this post in response to one braaq made saying walmart took away from small business, had poor healthcare and benefits for their employees, and inported a lot of their products to cut cost instead of buy from american businesses. this is my response to that and i want to know where this unfair demonization of WalMart is really coming from.

well it's not like they hold a gun to their employees' heads and say you have to work here. have you ever been to walmart lately, namely one of the ghetto ones? most of those people wouldn't be employed anywhere else and are probably just happy to have jobs, all 1.2 million of them that they employ nationwide. providing 1.2 million jobs, despite a lack of benefits, shouldn't be viewed as a negative.

and yes it sounds very un-american to import your goods instead of getting them from the good ol' US of A. but the fact of the matter is with all the unions and what not, you can't beat the prices of some chinese labor. and of course they take away business from small businesses, i mean no duh. shit if i'm getting a given product for 5 dollars less than what the guy next store is selling it for, i'm sticking with what saves me the most money. i mean, if you were an employer who was trying to make his business as profitable as possible, what would you do? if WalMart is a business operating within the confines of US minimum wage and there practices are perfectly legal, it is because they operate at a much more efficient and successful pace than others that people discredit them and call them "evil" very unjustifiably?

this is even seen at a smaller scale when a lot of american companies employ mexican illegals instead of americans (something that happens a lot where i live in tucson, arizona. we are like an hour from the border). though it is unfair, it's hard to get too angry at the employer when the mexican will work for half the cost. the law is really trying to penalize employers who do have such a practice which is a very good thing and will discourage all the mexicans from coming here illegaly if they can't find any work. but again, people are always going to use business practices that save or earn them the most money. fact.

the issue here is WalMart and i am using the illegal immigrant argument to just emphasize that business owners are ALWAYS going to do what saves them the most money and makes them as profitable as possible, and they should not be demonized for it.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
<embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:southparkstudios.com:154588:" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="window" width="480" height="360" allowFullscreen="true" scriptAccess="always"></embed>

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
business owners are ALWAYS going to do what saves them the most money and makes them as profitable as possible, and they should not be demonized for it.

Yes, they should. For example, imagine I own a nuclear power plant that generates toxic waste. By dumping my waste in the river, I can save money and make my company more profitable. By your logic, this would be justified.

Personally, I don't like WalMart. Why? I don't like anything that has to do with the suburbs. Shit like HomeDepot, T.G.I.F.'s, PetCenter, etc. Having grown up in the suburbs of Chicago, I'm fairly desensitized to it. Regardless, I never like to see a new one opening up, especially in small towns.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yes, they should. For example, imagine I own a nuclear power plant that generates toxic waste. By dumping my waste in the river, I can save money and make my company more profitable. By your logic, this would be justified.

Personally, I don't like WalMart. Why? I don't like anything that has to do with the suburbs. Shit like HomeDepot, T.G.I.F.'s, PetCenter, etc. Having grown up in the suburbs of Chicago, I'm fairly desensitized to it. Regardless, I never like to see a new one opening up, especially in small towns.

yes your right if you take that one excerpt out of my arguement and apply it here than it is flawed. but we both know this is not applicable here seeing how WalMart does not generate anything more than some garbage like any other company. your arguement is right, but it does not apply to this thread seeing how walmart is the topic and not a nuclear plant.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
tech c'mon i've seen the southpark walmart episode and it has nothing to it but some little jabs with no substance to go with it. that clip didn't even say anything anyways.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The martin family only donated 6grand to charities/raisers
and their worth over 100 billion
fuck them. their greedy cunts

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The martin family only donated 6grand to charities/raisers
and their worth over 100 billion
fuck them. their greedy cunts

see it's non sequitar attitudes like this that are the reason behind WalMarts unfair image. this has absolutely nothing to do with how Walmart functions as a business, but yet you dislike them for it.

so the hell what if they don't donate much? not everyone is as generous as bill gates. the issue at hand is their business practice not how much money you think they should be giving away.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
20inch :no: stick to bodybuilding only, you sound like a close minded fool.
Your not making much of an argument, you have absolutely no facts except about what "you feel" is this or "your opinion" is that... doesn't win a debate so I myself do not want to participate at that level of childish bantering.
You clearly feel you made a good argument, you didn't, and no one wants to waste their time with this. You will not see our side because you are ready to argue your case to the end, with no facts I might add. :eek5nono:

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
20inch :no: stick to bodybuilding only, you sound like a close minded idiot.
Your not making much of an argument, you have absolutely no facts except about what "you feel" is this or "your opinion" is that... doesn't win a debate so I myself do not want to participate at that level of childish bantering.
You clearly feel you made a good argument, you didn't, and no one wants to waste their time with this. You will not see our side because you are ready to argue your case to the end, with no facts I might add. :eek5nono:

listen bud i made this thread because i wanted to hear why some feel that this corporation is so corrupt and bad for america. Walmart has been a subject of interest to me lately and i've been learning about it and cannot fully understand just why so many people hate it so.

you are a real asshole on this site sometimes for no reason at all. what would have been a good post would have been you explaining to me why i was wrong with your awesome knowledge of everything and just refuting what i said with your plethora of facts. you really....really think your a whole lot smarter than you are and it is annoying. i didn't say i was right here. i'm open to what people have to say about it. that's why i made the thread :jerkoff1: but you seem to find it warranted to just fucking insult me when i have done nor said nothing that warrants such a reaction. if you didn't know me or my age you wouldn't post bullshit like this, you would have responded like you normally do to most every other thread. :weaksuace:

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
tech c'mon i've seen the southpark walmart episode and it has nothing to it but some little jabs with no substance to go with it. that clip didn't even say anything anyways.

Which is why it was funny.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
you are a real asshole on this site sometimes for no reason at all. what would have been a good post would have been you explaining to me why i was wrong with your awesome knowledge of everything and just refuting what i said with your plethora of facts. you really....really think your a whole lot smarter than you are and it is annoying. i didn't say i was right here. i'm open to what people have to say about it. that's why i made the thread but you seem to find it warranted to just fucking insult me when i have done nor said nothing that warrants such a reaction. if you didn't know me or my age you wouldn't post bullshit like this, you would have responded like you normally do to most every other thread.

Braaq's right. You're not making any sense, and you come off sound like an ignoramus. Follow his advice.

yes your right if you take that one excerpt out of my arguement and apply it here than it is flawed. but we both know this is not applicable here seeing how WalMart does not generate anything more than some garbage like any other company. your arguement is right, but it does not apply to this thread seeing how walmart is the topic and not a nuclear plant.

My point is, the entire premise you're basing your argument on is mistaken. The example I gave was a rough analogy of values. As you're basing your defense of WalMart on a statement of principal, I can certainly attack the principals you're defending.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
listen bud i made this thread because i wanted to hear why some feel that this corporation is so corrupt and bad for america. Walmart has been a subject of interest to me lately and i've been learning about it and cannot fully understand just why so many people hate it so.

you are a real asshole on this site sometimes for no reason at all. what would have been a good post would have been you explaining to me why i was wrong with your awesome knowledge of everything and just refuting what i said with your plethora of facts. you really....really think your a whole lot smarter than you are and it is annoying. i didn't say i was right here. i'm open to what people have to say about it. that's why i made the thread :jerkoff1: but you seem to find it warranted to just fucking insult me when i have done nor said nothing that warrants such a reaction. if you didn't know me or my age you wouldn't post bullshit like this, you would have responded like you normally do to most every other thread. :weaksuace:

:49: :49:
If all of us think we are so much smarter than we really are then look shit up yourself. :dunnodude: Get on the internet and use the vast resource that the internet is rather than reposting a comment that you made because you thought it might have been good or impressive. You do not need to ask us, we clearly are not experts on the subject of Wal-Mart. I posted my side already and so has everyone else. :eek5nono: What else do you want??
Trust me, I have gotten on to many other members that make just as bad posts or attempts to start a weak dialog when they could just look stuff up themselves for the sake of making an argument. Your no different just because your a friend of mine. I gave you the reason why I do not like Wal-Mart with facts about what they do that I do not like, from there it is based off of ethics and opinion about whether those reasons are why you hate Wal-Mart or you don't. I do not need to back up my statement I said earlier anymore than I already have.

Braaq's right. You're not making any sense, and you come off sound like an ignoramus. Follow his advice.

My point is, the entire premise you're basing your argument on is mistaken. The example I gave was a rough analogy of values. As you're basing your defense of WalMart on a statement of principal, I can certainly attack the principals you're defending.

Exactly :xyxthumbs:, in essence that was my whole point.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:49: :49:
If all of us think we are so much smarter than we really are then look shit up yourself. :dunnodude: Get on the internet and use the vast resource that the internet is rather than reposting a comment that you made because you thought it might have been good or impressive. You do not need to ask us, we clearly are not experts on the subject of Wal-Mart. I posted my side already and so has everyone else. :eek5nono: What else do you want??
Trust me, I have gotten on to many other members that make just as bad posts or attempts to start a weak dialog when they could just look stuff up themselves for the sake of making an argument. Your no different just because your a friend of mine. I gave you the reason why I do not like Wal-Mart with facts about what they do that I do not like, from there it is based off of ethics and opinion about whether those reasons are why you hate Wal-Mart or you don't. I do not need to back up my statement I said earlier anymore than I already have.

Exactly :xyxthumbs:, in essence that was my whole point.

i didn't say all of you think your smarter than you are...just you

jesus this thread wasn't made for an arguement. there are a lot of smart guys on here who's opinion i was interested in (tech, line, ironslave, philosopher, bigben etc.) not for the sake of a weak arguement. the reason you gave me for not liking walmart did not contain any facts, just your moral opinion. oh, but that's right i forgot it's ok for you to post your opinion but since i haven't been around here as long if my post doesn't cite at least 3 sources with fucking bibliography it's meaningless.

like i said i HAVE been researching it and don't see why it is despised the way it is. that's why i was hoping people would give pros and cons on the matter.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

that statement at the end wasn't meant to be my thesis and your right as i said before. the emphasis of my post was supposed to be in the first 2 paragraphs in how many people they employ etc.

and i don't see how what i've said so far makes me seem any less than someone who is interested in the topic. if i'm so wrong in what i say and know so very, very little than by all means enlighten me.

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
bull crap, if you wanna work you can find work everywhere here in the usa :mbgreddy:

Not true in a lot of places in America. Specially if you don't have a good education.

I agree with 20inch, if you hate wal-mart then do something about it. They are just like every other company out there but just know how to deal with business. If you don't want it in your town then get your fellow citizens to stop shopping there, not going to happen specially with the economy the way it is now. I can save $50 on food a week by just shopping there instead of my local food market, so why wouldn't I? I have never understood why people get pissed at wal-mart? They are exactly what america is about whether you like it or not.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Not true in a lot of places in America. Specially if you don't have a good education.

I agree with 20inch, if you hate wal-mart then do something about it. They are just like every other company out there but just know how to deal with business. If you don't want it in your town then get your fellow citizens to stop shopping there, not going to happen specially with the economy the way it is now. I can save $50 on food a week by just shopping there instead of my local food market, so why wouldn't I? I have never understood why people get pissed at wal-mart? They are exactly what america is about whether you like it or not.

:350:

thank you yes that is exactly what i am saying. they are like any other corporation, just far far bigger. does this make them wrong for being so successful even though it does come at the expense sometimes of smaller business? hell no.

and miami your wrong about the employment thing. like i said go to a walmart and look at some of the employees. some are mentally handicapped and others look to be on the very low end of society. accompany that with likely no education and these people would be very hard pressed to find jobs. and walmart employs over 1.2 million people nationwide.

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

i worked at so many places and almost everywhere are latinos who barely speak english or some actually nothing.. :e5dunno: