• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

What do you believe?

What do you believe?

• Total voters
Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
A well thought out post thicknasty, but again using the Bible as a reference point is mistake #1. And thinking Christianity is above all other religions or any different is extremely laughable because they would all say the same about Christianity as well. Christianity and everything you mentioned is not proven and nor will it ever be. Your believing in far fetched fairy tail stories and nothing more bro. Also, you "know" you believe what you do because you have been programmed as a child to do so. Most people do not realize that.

T

Tunen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
WHY do christians refer to the bible to convince atheists? It is JUST beyond me.

thicknasty

thicknasty

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
A well thought out post thicknasty, but again using the Bible as a reference point is mistake #1. And thinking Christianity is above all other religions or any different is extremely laughable because they would all say the same about Christianity as well. Christianity and everything you mentioned is not proven and nor will it ever be. Your believing in far fetched fairy tail stories and nothing more bro. Also, you "know" you believe what you do because you have been programmed as a child to do so. Most people do not realize that.

No one will ever be able to prove God's existence. If God was small enough for us to figure Him out and prove his existence then He wouldn't be much a God. All of the atheists I’ve spoken with tend to think completely with their head and not all with their heart (as stupid as that may sound). They come to their conclusions through analysis only, but God can't be analyzed, He's too big. If God created us with the ability to sit down and analytically prove His existence then everybody would just mindlessly fallow and obey Him like robots because He's been proven and nobody wants to go to hell. That's not the kind of commitment God wants from his us. And being programmed to believe in something as a child certainly wasn't the case for me, although childhood infuince is a big part of what people come to believe as adults, but I didn't come to know God until I was 13 and able to think for myself.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ wow man. you are a great representation of for those who believe in God and what believing in Him is all about. awesome post again man, repped.

T

Tunen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
No one will ever be able to prove God's existence.
Then why do you write the following: "God can't be analyzed, He's too big".

All of the atheists I’ve spoken with tend to think completely with their head and not all with their heart (as stupid as that may sound).
The heart is a muscle and thus cannot think. I know a lot of people think that muscles can exactly think (e.g. the "muscle-confusion" dogma) but this can be easily disproven.

If God created us with the ability to sit down and analytically prove His existence then everybody would just mindlessly fallow and obey Him like robots because He's been proven and nobody wants to go to hell.
Do you honestly believe in genesis?

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Originally posted by Tunen
The heart is a muscle and thus cannot think. I know a lot of people think that muscles can exactly think (e.g. the "muscle-confusion" dogma) but this can be easily disproven.

are you serious........

is this really your response? :uhoh2: or are you just blantantly trying to misinterpret what he's saying and be a smartass at the same time?

T

Tunen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
are you serious........

is this really your response? :uhoh2: or are you just blantantly trying to misinterpret what he's saying and be a smartass at the same time?

I'm not trying to do anything :)

But what does "thinking with your heart" mean?

thicknasty

thicknasty

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Then why do you write the following: "God can't be analyzed, He's too big".

Do you honestly believe in genesis?

God existance never being able to be proven and Him being too big to analyze goes hand in hand. I'm not fallowing what you don't understand about that. "thinking with your heart" of course is meant figuratively. Just like when people are sad and use the phrase "it breaks my heart." Of course they are not refering to the literal breaking of the heart muscle, it refers to the spirit with'n all of us. And I do believe in Genesis.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This thread is about what you believe in its not about having a debate.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm not trying to do anything :)

But what does "thinking with your heart" mean?

c'mon dude you know what it means. it is a reference to following your instinct or doing/believeing something you know to be intrinsically right or just. it is the exact OPPOSITE of a scientific way of thinking. and while the scientific way is the hard nosed wrong/right way of thinking that is highly necessary for us to use in our lives, sometimes this way of thought can lead to a total disregard of the human/morality/belief side of thought that is important as well.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Waiting to see what happens is a good thing.
right now people keep acting all weird
i see Christians who act/personalize like they were
with a Satanist church etc, and vice-versa with Satan worshippers
kinda mind boggling. almost like they got split personalities or
they do too much drugs. :keke:

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
My heart thinks the sun in purple and the moon in made of marshmallows.

:wutyousay:

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^how so good for of you to say thing such as.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
My heart thinks the sun in purple and the moon in made of marshmallows.

:wutyousay:

so the man on the moon really IS the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man. I knew it.

thicknasty

thicknasty

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Attachments

• 22588~Ghostbusters-Posters.jpg
    22588~Ghostbusters-Posters.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 4
  • staypuft.jpg
    staypuft.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 4
T

Tunen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
So "thinking with your heart" is like letting your emotions rule your actions? That is very feminine and irrational to me.

TN>> Do you honestly believe that god created everything in 6 days and slept through the seventh? If you rely on your brain in stead of your elbow to scrutinize the origin of dimentions - you arrive at genesis?

I have three gods: logic, reason and empirical data.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
So "thinking with your heart" is like letting your emotions rule your actions? That is very feminine and irrational to me.

TN>> Do you honestly believe that god created everything in 6 days and slept through the seventh? If you rely on your brain in stead of your elbow to scrutinize the origin of dimentions - you arrive at genesis?

I have three gods: logic, reason and empirical data.

if instinct, faith, and intrinsic moral standards are emotional and "feminine" than i am quite the girl :coolguy: