• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Which sport produces the most supreme athlete?

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The more I think about it, the more i'm inclined to go with wrestling.

Their endurance is unlike anything in sport. The strength (especially compared to body weight) is fully functional, and must be explosive, and maintained when tired. Quickness/agility/reflexes? The slightest delayed reaction and you could be taken down, which is the difference between winning and losing. This isn't to mention the flexibility, and co-ordination needed to generate the force against the opponent.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
The more I think about it, the more i'm inclined to go with wrestling.

Their endurance is unlike anything in sport. The strength (especially compared to body weight) is fully functional, and must be explosive, and maintained when tired. Quickness/agility/reflexes? The slightest delayed reaction and you could be taken down, which is the difference between winning and losing. This isn't to mention the flexibility, and co-ordination needed to generate the force against the opponent.

I agree totally, I think we haz a winnar! :xmasbigok:

Sorry Jase :p

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ honestly i'm not opposed to that selection. it's very close in my mind an i have no issue giving it to the wrestler.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
^ honestly i'm not opposed to that selection. it's very close in my mind an i have no issue giving it to the wrestler.

ZOMG! Jase conceded an argument!

santaeek

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ZOMG! Jase conceded an argument!

santaeek

i told you from the get go i have immense respect for the MMA fighter and wrestler :wutyousay: i still would throw my vote towards the football player, but the wrestler is still an excellent choice.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think we have a winner! Freestyle wrestling!!

now....who in the freestyle wrestling world?

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think we have a winner! Freestyle wrestling!!

now....who in the freestyle wrestling world?

I mentioned it, but I think things get more tricky when comparing individual athletes. Is the average freestyle wrestler a better athlete than the average baseball player? Probably. But, that doesn't mean the best baseball player isn't as athletic as the best wrestler.

Currently, the best freestyle wrestler in the world, and probably all time, is Buvaisar Saitiev

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have to agree with free style wrestler as well. pound for pound they are the greatest well round athlete.

chadcruz

chadcruz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think Rugby League players would definitely have to be up there in terms of supreme athletes. The demands on their bodies in terms of both strength, speed and endurance is quite phenomenal.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Oloz

Oloz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You want examples of overweight smokers in other sports? :xmashsughdunno: Because I can think of a few......

Daly is one of the exceptions to the rule though. He battles to make the cut in any serious tournament. He crapped out in Aust last week. Take a look at some of the other great golfers around and they all had to choose between which sport they would go pro in. I'm pretty sure the guy that won the Aust Open was divided between rugby and golf (Kiwi's :xmaswtfgay:)

Also fitness is a relative term. You would be surprised how hard it is to maintain mental alertness let alone physical endurance to constantly walk and hit a ball all day long. Doesn't sound hard, nor look hard, but you go and see how many amateurs can't get past the 5th hole without a golf cart.

so John Daly is considered a supreme athlete? lol.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Gymnastics. Look at this example, it's how I would like to look like:

In my honest opinion an all around gymnast has everything you would expect from an elite athlete + a really fit and muscular body.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
More example from the same guy, the first vid shows strength, endurance and agility. This one presents speed, extremely agility, equilibrium and again, power.

RobbyM11

RobbyM11

Everyone apart from one person has forgot about soccer. Especially outside of america and canada its the hardest sport in the world in my opinion. You have to have good acceleration, top speed, co-ordination, reflexes, strength and power and have to keep all of that up for two 45 minuite halfs with only a ten minuite break in between. And Soccer seasons last usually about 10 months with only a 2 month break which is taken up with pre-season training. MMA and NFL you only fight maybe 3-4 times a year and NFL season is about 3 months long so you have ample time to recover. Also look at the skill involved in soccer, its much harder to learn all the skills involvedrather than catching/throwing or punching/takedowns etc.

Watch this video of theo walcott,

Sprints about 100yards past 4 other players and perfectly places a 20+ yard ball to his team mates feet. And hes not even classed as one of the top players in the world!

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Gymnastics. Look at this example, it's how I would like to look like:

In my honest opinion an all around gymnast has everything you would expect from an elite athlete + a really fit and muscular body.

Absolutely insane... repped.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i have always been really impressed by the guys who can do the rings in the Olympics.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
so John Daly is considered a supreme athlete? lol.
THat wasn't what I said :angrydude:

You know you should actually read what I originally stated. I was using golf as an example of a sport that most people will disregard as having supreme athletes in it in favour of "tougher" sports like footy codes. I think that it is folly to disregard a sport just because you think that it isn't tough enough, or the players aren't big enough or strong enough.

Footy codes look lame in comparison to martial arts, which require less coordination and skill than ball sports (especially those using bats, sticks, etc), which have less or no physical contact like gymnastics which has higher levels of strength and agility than any of the strength sports. The argument can go around and around in a circle with only one clear conclusion; fans of a sport think their sport is the best regardless of its failings.

RobbyM11

RobbyM11

I think strongman should actually be a contender, reflexes arnt really needed but everything else is covered.

R

RIP

Hocky, It has it all. Endurance,Speed,Strength......If you cant keep up get off the ice!!!!