• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

2010 IFBB Tampa Pro - info & updates

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
not that great either. And if you compare them to the upperbody..let's say that the UB is world class.

and his conditioning is nothing to write home about.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Looks like Troy Alves is not doing the show as well..

Muscular Development Forums - View Single Post - Tampa Pro ....BIG NAMES, BIG SHOW

Shawn Ray said:
I just spoke to Troy Alves, he is Not and Never was doing this Contest.
He did say he will be competing at the Europa Connecticut and if he comes in early, him and his advisor, Chris Aceto would contemplate a last minute decision regarding this show but he sounded firm, he has made his decision as of now Not to do this contest!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike33

Mike33

I think Hidetada will win this show :)

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You Don't seem to like Hide.. Why?

His physique is unbalanced, he has glaring flaws that are largely ignored in comparisons, and his proportions (torso length versus leg and arm lengths) are too disproportionate to be ranking as highly as he has.

I will give him his dues on conditioning and consistency. But that is all that has been placing him well.

C

Comin_Up

His physique is unbalanced, he has glaring flaws that are largely ignored in comparisons, and his proportions (torso length versus leg and arm lengths) are too disproportionate to be ranking as highly as he has.

I will give him his dues on conditioning and consistency. But that is all that has been placing him well.

Im sorry i dont see what your saying

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ So you don't see his dumpy short legs, his compact arms??

It makes for a very ordinary physique and there is little he can do about that. Seeing him on the stage the last two times he beat out guys that were better proportioned simply because he had nailed conditioning. Wereas I think they were punishing the other guys that looked better, simply because they suffered the "Freeman pre-contest pics" malady.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
^^ So you don't see his dumpy short legs, his compact arms??

It makes for a very ordinary physique and there is little he can do about that. Seeing him on the stage the last two times he beat out guys that were better proportioned simply because he had nailed conditioning. Wereas I think they were punishing the other guys that looked better, simply because they suffered the "Freeman pre-contest pics" malady.

Its not just conditioning, he managed to be far more muscular aswell except for his small back. In the comparisons he stands out as being far more polished then Freeman.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Yes I was being hyperbolic, but we were only discussing a few weeks ago how several people had been robbed, how Hide looks small on stage, etc, etc:
MuscleMecca.com Forums - View Single Post - 2010 IFBB New York Pro - competitors, updates, info pics!
2010 IFBB New York Pro - competitors, updates, info pics! - Page 18 - MuscleMecca.com Forums

A lot had Hide in the top 2 because "he is wide as hell and conditioned as fuck" but take a look at these pics:

Toney wipes the floor with him and Wolfe yet places lower than both :omgwtf:
And then compare to some of the guys out of the top 4:

Hide and Wolfe made top 3 without decent backs :bullwhip:

C

Comin_Up

From what i see, just my opinion, Hide deserved his place. He looks plenty big to compete with the bigger guys and he always comes in shape, his proportions are a little bit off ill agree with you on that but isn't that 2/3 of what bodybuilding is? Size and conditioning? Toney and wolf both came in out of shape, and like people say you get judged alot on what you looked like in your last contest or the best you have looked before so if toney or wolf both came in like they have before when they placed well in the olympia i would be right there with ya and have hide behind them both no question. And toney really only has hide beat on back, sure he can seem bigger because he is taller but i don't believe just because someone is physically bigger means they are better. And i can also see how hide has his short legs like you said, but toney has longer legs and they definitely not as filled out as they should be for his height. And yeah hide \needs work on that back ha.

C

Comin_Up

And damn doesnt bens head look really small in that picture haha

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
BUMP/updates

Ben White is doing the show too,

And a new poster from MD...

11me33l-1.jpg

McMillan about being on the Tampa Pro comp. list

mcmillan said:
Haha, yea I don't know where that mix up came from... I'm doing the Dallas show. That has been my plan since December

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Havent seen Silvio compete in a while, looking forward to it.. LOL @ the cedric mix up.

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Silvio or Hide might take this one

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
I wanna see Brandon, for the sake of all doubts!

nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Curry is gonna take his first pro win here (I just hope he comes in ripped).

nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Cedrick is gonna compete in Tampa! Cedrick FTW!!