• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

2010 IFBB Tampa Pro - info & updates

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
attachmentphpattachmentid68880thumb1d127-1.jpg

Ben White After Winning the 2010 IFBB PBW Tampa Pro!

Top 5 Finals judging

Ben delievers to the White Rhino LOL

Really good to see this guy getting some credit and winning a show

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Curry should be fired by his sponsors... looking at his facial expressions I'd say he is far too much in love with himself to accept his his mistakes in earnest and work hard...

Savjav

Savjav

Brandon curry's shape still amazes me,especially in the victory pose, very Haney-esk, his waist is so tiny its incredible, but tim dissapointed with the lack of size in his quads, hope he can bring them up, also i thought Ben White's BDB was just amazing, crazy detail!, have not been that impressed with a BDB since phil at the ironman :)

Have to agree with tim on the amount of competitors lacking a back, also whats the deal with all the victory poses? :S (aside from my views about brandons, i thought that some should have maybe not done them)

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Have to agree with tim on the amount of competitors lacking a back, also whats the deal with all the victory poses? :S (aside from my views about brandons, i thought that some should have maybe not done them)

Pretty much the Top 3 guys were the only ones with backs in the open and of all the competitors there were only a couple not looking soft. Ben White was the clear winner, but he'd better not get on that soap-box of his about The Rhino, he wasn't exactly going up against a strong field. Also JoJ must be due for a drop by his sponsors. This is possibly his best showing in years and he still looked soft, lacked legs (especially calves) and couldn't beat a guy he is meant to be training.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Lee Haney After Winning the Ben Weider Lifetiem Achievement Award at the 2010 PBW Tampa Pro!

Shawn Ray Interviews Lee Haney

Shawn Ray Interviews Troy Alves

Shawn Ray Interviews Rich Gaspari

Shawn Ray Interviews 202 Winner Jose Raymond after the PBW Pro Show

PBW_Finale_284829-1.jpg

Shawn Ray Interviews Dexter Jackson in Preparation for 2010 Mr Olympia

Last edited by a moderator:
pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What the hell do they want from Mike Liberatore ?????????? In this lineup he looked fantastic and the placing he got ? WTF! :confused:

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
What the hell do they want from Mike Liberatore ?????????? In this lineup he looked fantastic and the placing he got ? WTF! :confused:

the guy had the worse back in the top lineup and needs overall size to compete with some big boys.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Darrem looked like crap.

JEB_6438wtmk_XLPMTERZUGJPG-1.jpg

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Last year the RX crew went out to eat at the waffle house and ben stripped down in the restaurant. This time they did the same thing X2!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
JoaoT

JoaoT

Congrats to Ben White.
Troy was in shape too. Bad for Mike Liberatore but i think in the future he can bring much better. i hope.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Hide's legs after the Tampa

2yuim50-1.jpg

qoyrm8-1.jpg

From Hide's blog, about what happened:

I'm just back to LA today. I was so disappointed and sad to pull out from the night show...it was very hard to watch the show but I want to congrats to every fellow competitor specially Ben, Troy and Jonnie they looked absolutely great!

This 2010 season I announced to do every show held in US and had been doing so great specially in Orlando and NY, I brought my best condition and size combination in my career to take my first victory as an IFBB pro in Orlando but things started going wrong right after the NY pro where I had photo shoot for Gaspari and another European magazine. I did leg workout with my old friend from Japan. Everytime I done the show, the next workout would be legs. I should of gone easy training since my body was still very dry but I was too happy and excited about the result of the show to stop myself. Instead of easy training, I did pretty much same regular mass training. When I did leg press, I felt something pop on my right quad close to my hip and started feeling pain but this kind of pain was not unusual for us bodybuilder, I didn't care so much about it until I realized it didn't go away even after a few weeks. I have my deep tissue therapist Karl and now I started seeing Dr.Carmain in his chiropractic office behind the Gold's venice. I went to get Xray and it showed nothing was wrong with my hip bone so it looked like partial tear of upper quad.
Karl and Dr.Carmain have taken very good care of me and my coach Eric trained me very carefully not to make my injury worth at the same time we tried to make some improvement without doing any quads training and cardio for almost 2months.
This time I finally started noticing my body didn't respond from training and dieting like before. I usually eat a lot of food(carb and protein) even I am on dieting for the show but this time around I had to cut carbs big time to make my condition.since I could not do leg training and cardio. But even I dropped my carb intake, I didn't look hard enough, seemed like I was just losing weight.
Eric tried to persuade me skip the shows till Mr.O but I am very stubborn guy, I didn't listen to him( sorry!).

A week before Tampa pro, I had a guest posing in Fort Lorderdale FL so I decided to stay in FL for a week. I looked off didn't look like a week out on this guest posing stage. On Tuesday night, I trained triceps with my fellow Gaspari Athlete, Mark Alvisi. After he left the gym( he already trained chest in the morning). I started training biceps by myself. I knew I was very depleted and tired but again I was very stubborn trying to finish workout I planed. When I did the last set of seated incline curl, I maybe tried to hold my body really hard by kicking the floor. After this last set, I felt something like clumping on my right outer quad close to knee. I thought it was just clumping from dieting but pain was getting worth by the time I went back to the hotel and my right quad and knee started swollen up.

The next day, the pain was so bad and my knee was swollen like baloon. I still thought I was going to be ok and drove up to Tampa. I took medication, iced and elevated my leg high to try to remove this swollen, My nutrition coach Neil Hill tried to dialed me in as usual till prejudging. The morning of the show day, I wasn't my best clearly but I thought I could battle.

I was in the first call out but looked like I was battling for 5th place. Whatever callout was, I did my best! On the stage I didn't remember if I felt pain but as soon as I step off the stage, the pain came back and it was so bad at the same time my knee started swollen again. I couldn't even bent my knee. Utill then I only told about this to my sister like friend Cathy LaFrancois but now it was so obvious. I told my boss Rich Gaspari and he was so worried than suggested me to pull out. Of course I wanted to finish night show so bad but I knew I would walk on the stage like turtle and injury would get even worth.
I decided to pull out...the first time in my 17years competition career. I also had to decide to cancel to do Europa CT in the following weekend.

I am really sorry this happened and I apologize to all my fan that I could not keep my word doing every show held in US this year....

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ben looked great...he has that "Dorian" like grainy condition.

Anabolicus

Anabolicus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm really happy for Ben. Stan may talk all the shit he wants, Ben as a bodybuilder is light years ahead of him.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
I'm really happy for Ben. Stan may talk all the shit he wants, Ben as a bodybuilder is light years ahead of him.

Stan is human years ahead of him too.. in what age is concerned.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Stan has never said he wanted to compare physiques. Ben and JoJ were carrying on about being the strongest IFFB pro BBers, when clearly this is Stan's title. Stan called them out and as a result they have criticised Stan for not being a real BBer. In other words they aren't strong enough to lay claim to something so they want to change the category. This is like Stan claiming to be the best BBer (which he hasn't done).

I tell you what though, if Stan adds some leg and arm mass on in the next year or two he will smoke both Ben and JoJ. Stan brought better conditioning to his last comp than Ben here and than JoJ ever has. Big if though, as Stan's legs really are behind considering how much he squats (i.e. he will have to step back from strength comps to change his leg training, which I can't see him doing).

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
10TampaJohnnieJacksonEdNunn-1.jpg

Johnnie Jackson and Ed Nunn After Placing 2nd and 4th at the 2010 IFBB PBW Tampa Pro!

10TampaSteveNamat-1.jpg

Steve Namat After Placing 2nd at the 2010 IFBB PBW Tampa Pro 202 Class

10TampaTroyALves_0-1.jpg

Troy Alves After Placing 2nd at the 2010 IFBB PBW Tampa Pro

10TampaTrickyClarenceDevis-1.jpg

Tricky Jackson and Clarence DeVis After Sharing the Best Poser Award at the 2010 IFBB PBW Tampa Pro 202 Class!

Reactions: Daniel Andersson
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
How old is he anyway? Shouldn't he retire already?

He's been going backwards for at least 5 years. I used to be a fan of his, but he has just not shown anything worthy to my mind.

I reckon Turk stole his mojo.