• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

2011 IFBB "FLEX" Pro show - 1st show of the 2011 bodybuilding season

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
if Centopani does it it can get more interesting...

JoaoT

JoaoT

This will be a very interesting show.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
BenPak_1511_lg.jpg

Ben Pakulski Trains Chest 8 Weeks out

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This show is 2 weeks before the Arnold right? Evan is prepping for that show, so maybe he feels a bit ahead of schedule and can pick up another pro win?? This is shaping up to be a great show!

I'm going to ask him on his Q & A on MD if he's planning on competing in the Flex pro show. However, he hasn't been responding to people's posts lately, which is really odd for him. He might be using the element of surprise!

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
i hope evan competes. The addition of Wolf and Evan makes up for half the disappointment of kai not competing.

saamies

saamies

Thats great news! Cant wait :yes3:

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP

Good news. There is already a great lineup. The only thing missing for this show, to be even more awesome, is a webcast. Other than that, the lineup is kinda like a mini Arnold Classic.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Dan Hill 6.5 weeks out, 265 lbs

dh2wh-1.jpg

90124405-1.jpg

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
dan hill LOL

Hey, the guy has great legs, conditioned back... no mayor flaws... he's nothing out of this world, but he does look like a good bodybuilder.

Anyway, first time I see pics of him.

Lanois

Lanois

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey, the guy has great legs, conditioned back... no mayor flaws... he's nothing out of this world, but he does look like a good bodybuilder.

I'd say his arms are a major flaw

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
^x2. Most probably will fight for the last place.

Anyway, here is the official list of competitors so far from flexonline, and yes Dennis Wolf is confirmed:

twofor_lg.jpg

Wolf, Centopani to compete in the FLEX Pro!

2011 FLEX PRO COMPETITOR LIST (as of 1/7/11)

Fouad Abiad
Evan Centopani
Dexter Jackson
Dennis Wolf
Ben Pakulski
Ben White
Stan Efferding
Grigori Atoyan
Robert Belisle
Wendell Floyd
Dan Hill

Last edited:
tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
fouad_blogupdate8_lg.jpg

January 07, 2011

Mind Games

Well it?s getting closer to the show and each day brings something different. At this point before the show, life turns into a roller coaster: Some days my mind is going nuts and taking me for a ride while I try to hang on, the other days I feel like I am standing on a mountain top. On the tougher days, I think of things like who's doing the show, have I done enough this year, are my muscles flowing the way they should, should I be stronger right now than I feel, am I doing enough to win? All these questions go thru my mind on some days over and over again repeating themselves like a broken record and driving me nuts! One thing experience has taught me is the ego driven thought patterns like these are always loudest when you're about to do something big in your life. The key is knowing how to turn them off and knowing which voice to turn up the loudest.

I have learned in my eleven years of competing that fear based thought have no business entering my mind at six weeks out. There is no good that can come from these thought patterns, so just as quickly as they enter my mind I send them packing. The one voice that is turned up the loudest is the one that says, ?you?re doing everything you can do right now, you have done everything you were supposed to do in the offseason, keep pushing and the outcome will be what it is.? ?The universe will not let you work this hard for nothing.? I thrive on this type of craziness; I almost need it to know that I have something important coming up. I guess what I have realized is the day I do a show and I don't feel this way or feel these thoughts it means I'm perfect, or more likely I no longer love the sport. A lot of us fear pressure as something that is overtaking us and try to get rid of it like the plague; I was like that as well. Slowly I have learned that pressure means growth - if you?re always in your comfort zone you?re never getting better.

FouadAbiadPMBreeze5425B15D-1.jpg

So, what about the good days? Man, the good days are awesome! Everything falls right into place, I go to the grocery store, don't forget anything I need and there is no one in line, awesome! I drive to the gym, tanning or whatever errands I have that day and there is no traffic, awesome! I get to the gym and I am a beast, lifting heavier weights than I lift in the middle of the offseason, again, awesome! I get into my posing practice after my workout and I am hitting shots and holding them without gasping for air or breaking a sweat, awesome! The entire day things just come easy, I am able to visualize the stage and the guys I am competing against and it?s a total rush of excitement instead of panic.

What I have noticed this year more than any other year is the good days are definitely outweighing the bad days. In fact there aren't even any bad days; it?s more like a few bad moments here and there. I welcome the stage this year and am excited to hit it again. It?s been a LONG offseason and I hate not competing, I promise myself never to take this kind of break again but it was needed to make improvements. Everyday I practice my mandatory?s and picture that day hitting the stage and being under the bright lights again with some of the best in the world. In my mind, I am standing in that first call out and....I guess I'll keep the rest to myself, we'll have to see what happens the day of the show?

Sacrifice Without Regret,
Fouad 'Hoss' Abiad

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Man, I love the way he writes his logs. They are inspiring... at least IMO.

"if you’re always in your comfort zone you’re never getting better" -> So true...

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP

this guy was portrayed like the great future hope of bodybuilding for years.... I think he was the youngest pro ever too. but his physique has major flaws!

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
pak_blogupdate3_lg.jpg

January 08, 2011

Back to Venice

Tomorrow will mark the 6-week out point for the first contest of the 2011 season, the Flex Pro. I am ecstatic to be back in LA after spending the holidays in Canada. Rested, refueled and a renewed motivation for this show!

The 2 weeks at home were busy and COLD! I saw some really great friends and had some great workouts with my good friend Darren Oliver (He was one of the major reasons for my progress last year for the NY pro). Darren is one of the most passionate trainers I have ever met. He truly loves what he does and has his sights set on becoming recognized as one of the best trainers in the world. No doubt he is on his way. I do my best to constantly challenge his stubborn mentality and he is really pushing his practical knowledge to a new level. Over the past 2 years, we have definitely helped each other become better at what we do. Darren shares my belief in high volume training, and likes to push even my mental limits. Love it! Yes 3 hr back workouts have happened (and yes they included 17 sets of one-arm DB rows!)

A few minor roadblocks along the journey that are quickly turned into growth opportunities! I’m learning to LOVE being challenged by life. It makes me a better person and more prepared for future obstacles and setbacks.

I figured for my first day back in Venice, what better way to celebrate than Pak -style strip sets for legs! I never count reps on these sets, but im thinking somewhere in around 50/set. Workout kicked my ass! (Literally). The second day back was Friday, and I had the best ever chest workout that I’ve had yet with Charles. The workout started off with heavy incline barbell strip sets. Then onto heavy flat smith press (strip sets) super-set with machine flys. I can feel how tight my chest is already as I sit here writing this, about 8 hrs after my workout.

The dream of living and training in Venice beach is truly all that I had hoped it would be. I feel as though “we” are bringing back the old energy and camaraderie.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ I don't think so. Dexter phisique is way more complete than Evan's.