• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Heath vs Cutler (Mr.Olympia 2008 Preview)

Who would win?

• Phil Heath

Votes: 50 49.0%
  • Jay Cutler

Votes: 52 51.0%

• Total voters
Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I voted on these photos and so I voted Phil, Phil should win because he embodies what bodybuilding should be about. I do realize though that a in shape Cutler will out mass and beat Phil. But in these pics, Jay looks like ass and if he lost to a Phil Heath like the one in the pics... I would throw my shoe at the judges :keke:

atomic strenght

atomic strenght

if bodybuilding was about who's the biggest guy on stage then marcus ruhl should be mr o not jay.come on lets admit that jays physique last year wasnt good

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
In these pics, Phil. He just has far better shape and his conditioning is so far ahead that it outweighs the mass difference... or at least it should. 06 Cutler would make a better comparison.

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Resent pics Daniel?..so you couldnt use Mr.O final pics of Cutler?:dunnodude:
Anyway..different stage and lights, but still Phil wins and Cutler looks worse than hes ever and i mean EVEEEER been in those pics.
I do think that Cutler will be at his best at this years Olympia and win:coolguy:

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Resent pics Daniel?..so you couldnt use Mr.O final pics of Cutler?:dunnodude:
Anyway..different stage and lights, but still Phil wins and Cutler looks worse than hes ever and i mean EVEEEER been in those pics.
I do think that Cutler will be at his best at this years Olympia and win:coolguy:

I didn't want to spend 1h looking for pics..

Joeb23

Joeb23

Vic will be struggling...Wolf will be top 3, Phil aswell

Vic wins the O last year hands down and you are counting him out already.:gtfoslap: Let him heal up first and if he is 100% everyone on this board knows right now nobody can beat him.
Once Phil adds that much needed width up top which will be hard structurally speaking watchout...:ughnoes:

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Vic wins the O last year hands down and you are counting him out already.:gtfoslap: Let him heal up first and if he is 100% everyone on this board knows right now nobody can beat him.
Once Phil adds that much needed width up top which will be hard structurally speaking watchout...:ughnoes:

Right now everyone can beat Vic...he has a torn patella mate, and a injury like that can cause other tears up in the quad it self..I bet he still cant walk...And when he's recovered and can train legs again, he needs to build his strength up again...and thats not done over a night. Then the actuall tear might cause serious problem with his leg symmetri. And his legs was relatively bad before, with no sweep to the quads and "bad" seperation. This injury wont make it any better

But I hope he recovers 100%

Iceman1981

Iceman1981

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You should scale the pics to show a better comparison.

I would choose Phil over Cutler any day, but they will give Cutler the win because of his size.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
:dunnodude:

Of2eyv 1

Blond Bomber

Blond Bomber

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That's a good one. Thank you Daniel.

FlexFan

FlexFan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That's a good one. Thank you Daniel.

I don't think it's that good because Phil isn't that tall(he'll look a bit smaller and narrower)....anyway I prefer Phil but they'll give it to Jay because of the overall thickness(at a similar conditioning of course)...That's 40lbs+ at almost the same height...I don't think the judges can ignore that...

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
I don't think it's that good because Phil isn't that tall(he'll look a bit smaller and narrower) The pic is just made smaller, the proportions are 100% accurat

....anyway I prefer Phil but they'll give it to Jay because of the overall thickness(at a similar conditioning of course)...That's 40lbs+ at almost the same height...I don't think the judges can ignore that...

:xyxthumbs:

R

Ruhlforever

Well guys, I can say I fell in love with Phil, Ruhlforever, member and lover of Markus and Ronnie Big Mass fell in love with Phil. But you can make a comparison yet, I mean is like comparing Britney and Paris, or Prince and Michael Jackson or Madonna vs JLO, or Beyone vs Rihanna or King Pelé vs Maradona, you know both have different styles, but I see in Phil lines and bellies and muscles I did not see in Ronnie, Jay, Flex, shit, this guy has one of the most impressive legs and without racism, please forget about it, for a black man guy he has one of the most beautiful calves, without a doubt with more maturity he will find the quads lines and divisions of Jay, I am seeing a vastus lateralis and biceps femoris with great Gracilis, a future ronnie coleman butt there and the best Brachialis that actually Jay wont never display. Phil is the man

bb4life

bb4life

Jay would take it, but I prefer Phil's physique.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Phil wins every one of those poses.

templare1987

templare1987

Heath has a better structure than jay´s , his physique is better , only he have to improve is the side chest (chest)

Joeb23

Joeb23

Right now everyone can beat Vic...he has a torn patella mate, and a injury like that can cause other tears up in the quad it self..I bet he still cant walk...And when he's recovered and can train legs again, he needs to build his strength up again...and thats not done over a night. Then the actuall tear might cause serious problem with his leg symmetri. And his legs was relatively bad before, with no sweep to the quads and "bad" seperation. This injury wont make it any better

But I hope he recovers 100%

Yeah I understand and agree with you all the way. He may never be the same again and I hope and prey he can compete at the same if not higher level than he used to but right now it's just..:disgust: Also, I was just becoming quite confused with how it seems as though everyone has now jumped aboard the Phil Health train. Don't get me wrong I love the guy and he will be king one day I just feel a 100% Victor(like last years Mr. O) and a 100% Phil(Ironman) Victor wins all the way and it just appears since his injury everybody has lost sight of that. :xyxthumbs: