• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

knight_rider's first log

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
today i bought a bike, it was only 80 aussie dollars at k-mart. mad score now i can do cardio outdoors and not hurt my kness....thats right not hurt my knees....i cant really jog anymore without pain....thats what happens when your a mesomorph with ectomorph joints

PUMBA

PUMBA

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^:49::bowroflarms::49::bowroflarms: I commented on that today.
^ Yeah hear that mate. My knees are just about fucked, but i still want to squat 600lb in the next 12 months lol.

Cool log, I'm not into all the DC stuff etc but still recognise a big effort when i see it, keep up the good work.

I never realised you were an Aussie as well.:e5dunno: So you know "Trap Freak" oh I mean Pickle, feel free to spread the dirt, he seems to perfect in a non homo way.:gaygay:

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^^^^ cheers pumba, yeah me and pickle went to uni together, we used to lift in the same gym for like 3 years, he was a trap monster, he has those traps like arnie, pickle was the guy i looked up to until i surpased him hahahaha, nah he stopped training, so i caught up to him, he can still out sqaut me but...what a fucker.....

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ok this cruize is so boring, im really fucking bored, i want to train heavy....oh shit thats why you go on cruises because they make you miss the iron you love....having this week long of easy sessions has left me refreshed and really ansy to train hard again, cant wait....im so bored and im making to many entries into my own log, its quite sad...maybe i should do a rant segment...yeah everybody loves rants

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
RANT ABOUT ECONOMIC THEORY AND ITS INNAPROPRIATE APPLICATION TO MASS GAIN THEORY......what an academic start, a pity thats where the academia will end....

2 GUYS IN MY GYM constantly get on my nerve, there not bad guys and they train hard, but they seem to be ill informed about the basics of gain mass theory (my fancy word for hypertrophy promoting activites). anyways these dudes piss me off basically because, for a number of weeks, they seem to be coming into the gym and hopping onto the smith machine or precious sqaut rack mere seconds before i need to use it....frankly its not a big deal...but these fuckers take so long...for example...if they get to the squat rack they proceed to load up a token 50-60 kgs and do a set, then because that wasnt enough, they strip about 20 kgs and do another set...hardcore...the fun doesnt end here...B1 leaves the sqaut rack and does bodyweight sqauts lol, while B2 loads up the weight and follows the protocol of B1, then the both of them repeat the process 4 times each, so thats 8 sets of double drops i have to sit around getting cold for.....draining...atleast they apologise at the end for wasting my time...i really should alert them to the fact they are wasting theirs...

...this sort of shit goes on with a different lift for a few weeks..and then i hear them talking and B1 mentions the 100 grams of weight he puts on last week bwahaha omg, it was so funny like 100 grams is measurable or worth mentioning...i hate sounding like a cunt but these dudes really have missed the boat, thinknigh that doing psyco amounts of sets and drops will give them results...they also use the same weight week in week out, obviously not making that size/ strength connection.....atleast their polite and dedicated but really...and well ive changed my noob policy in the gym from total intervention to mind my own fucking business and too shut up and sqaut...but i so badly want to give them advice, but we all know its like religion people believe what they want no matter how irrational and illogical it is, and trying to tell them anything different just makes them think your an asshole...actually i am an asshole but i try to keep it on the inside.

i personally dont believe in massive volume, a few tough sets working up to a heavy weight for 8 reps or so on a tough lift, plus some good food is all you need to grow fast, but these guys just have no idea...im not quite sure of their goals but they seem to talk about trying to put on size, and they are definatley going about it the wrong way, i think drop sets are pretty pointless, maybe once in awhile at most, but these guys do it every set and 3 times at that....econmic theory....more is better....more weight over a rep range over time is better.....but week ass set, drop, then drop again, same pussy ass weight week in week out = no progression + plus ridiculous inroads into recovery and a waste of calories....

...well i changed my training scedule and i rarely see them, yay for me.....my next rant will be about atg squats and the dumbell exercise equvilents

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ It's a good policy to not bother with noobs in the the gym. They haven't learnt enough to know what they don't know. Lol at the 100g, that's the difference in leaving your wallet in your pocket when you weigh.

One thing though; is the smith imperative to your DC training? I.e. is it mainly machine based stuff. Because I would steer clear of using a smith machine.

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^^ i dont like to use it, but because im doing the dc pattern of one set, 15 breaths, another set, 15 breaths and then one final set...i dont want to bother someone and make them spot me for that long...so i just use exercises where i dont need a spotter....i no i shouldnt use it but im kinda forced to by a lack of option hey...i have had problems with smith machines in the past but i find if im sensible and postion it right, i minimise problems....because dc needs three exercise per bodypart to cycle through i usually have to throw the smith in their for chest and tricep exercise and the occasional leg exercise....

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ohh yeah it tuesday, only a matter of ours before my blast begins, im going punish fuck some iron today and treat my log book like the cheap little 2 dollar hooker it is, pow.....actually i might just chill and ease in, its sqaut day, dont wanna fuck up before ive started.....

.....on that note 'LIVE TO WIIIIIIINNNNN, TILL YOU DIEEEEEE, TO LIGHT GOES IN YOUR EYES,........LIVE TO WIIINNNNN, TAKE IT ALLLLLL, JUST KEEP FIGHTING TO YOU FALLL' ..................live to win by paul stanley...download it and study the meaning of life children of iron

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
10/07/07

oh yeah blast 3 began today, dc style, or doggie style as i like to call it.

cable curls (15-30rp)
30kgs, 15 reps
40kgs, 10 reps
50kgs, 14,6,5 (25)

dumbell wrist curl, palms up (10-20 ss)
8kgs, 10 reps
10kgs, 8 reps
17.5kgs, 11 reps

seated calf (10-12 ss)
40kgs, 12 reps
60kgs, 8 reps
100kgs, 11 reps

Ham curl (15-30)
30kgs, 12 reps
40kgs, 8 reps
60kgs, 12,5,4 (21)

Sqauts, ass to the grass, the only squat that counts
60kgs, 12 reps
80kgs, 8 reps
130kgs, 8 reps

didnt complete widowmaker, didn't rest long enough and couldnt be fucked,note to self: neck the fuck up pussy.

i was pretty happy with todays session, it was the first session back after a resting period, so i equalled my all time sqaut, and did them with perfect form , lowering as deep as my legs would allow and then powered up strong just short of lock out, repeat.

ive decided to up my rep range on bicep exercises from 11-20 rest paused to 15-30, ive had no bicep improvement in some time, ive got 18.5 inch arms but, so iguess the rest of me has been catching up, but now the arms are looking small by comparison, so hopefully the higher reps will force me to focus on the contraction instead of the weights i lift, biceps are all about form and ive been slacken.

also got my uni 1st semester results, they were good, i managed to pass this feminism goes to the movies course it did for a laugh, which i thought i was mega going to fail, i failed the first assignment so in my exam i cut sick and told the markers what they want to hear.....jokes on them i was bull shitting...i rock...

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
congrats on passing last semseter. Ive never liked how you do squats last especially with so many exercises I wouldnt pick if i was cycling 3 per bodypart proceding it (cable curls). But awesome job on getting the old pb on squats now bust through it.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^^what do you mean about the cable curls, also doing sqauts after hammies is the best thing i ever did, it makes your quads do the work on the squats, i will ad 10 kgs to my sqaut this blast, thats the aim, maybe 20 kgs, whilst hitting the 6-10 rep range.

do you have a log pickledorf, you should get one and start training heavy again.

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
12/07/07

incline smith (11-15 rp, add about 20-30kgs to the weight its a heavy machine)
30kgs, 12
40kgs, 8
60kgs, 8,4,3 (15) new exercise

dumbell press (15-30 rp)
20kgs, 12
30kgs, 8
35kgs, 10,4,3 (17) pb

pushdown (11-20)
50lb, 12
90lb, 8
130lb, 10,2,3 equal pb, but improved first set total

pulldown (11-15 rp)
80lb, 12
140lb, 8
200lb, 11,3,3 pb

t-bar row (10-15 ss)
40kgs, 12
60kgs, 8
80kgs, 13 equal pb

all in all pretty good session, the smith inclines were good, kept them shoulders right back and got really good form, dumbell presses were good, got a pb. pushdown were ok, didnt get a pb as far as total reps but the first set improved by a rep, and it was a mad rep too lol. t-bars were pretty good, i got 14, but ididnt like the qaulity of tha last rep, so it doesnt count.

might post a fat lat spread pic in a few minutes, just gotta get the mrs off the phone so she can take it, and then she can cook the dinner, yeah!

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
nice session big fella love the dumbell presses

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
pics

ok got some pics from a few hours after todays upper body workout

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
sweet pics brother, looking very thick :tiphat:

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
awesome pics and i hadnt expected anything else either. good session going on in here...

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
As I said in your pic thread - looking big! Nice sessions too.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
holy shit dude where did all your rep power go? what were you posting to get people to neg you so much

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
14/07/07

barbell curl (15-30 rp)
30kgs, 15
40kgs, 8
50kgs, 11,4,3 (18) pb

wrist curl palms down (12-20 ss)
5kgs, 8
5kgs, 10
8kgs, 10

Standing calf (10-12 ss) i do these with a 5 sec negative, and a 15 sec stretch on every rep.
50lb, 15
100lb, 8
160lb, 11 pb

Stiff legs (6-10 ss)
60kgs, 12
100kgs, 10
180kgs, 9 pb

the smithy at my gym is mega heavy, i held it today, and then held an olympic bar to compare, the smith bar made the oly bar feel like a pool cue, so im just going to add 30 kgs to whatever amount of weight i put on the smith.

smith sqauts (6-10 ss) and widowmaker of (20 ss)
70kgs, 10
90kgs, 8
120kgs, 8 (first time doing them)
70kgs, 16 ( i will get it next time)

pretty good session overall, i found the heavy ass smith machine did a pretty good job of hitting my quads, but i didnt quite make the rep range for my widowmaker, but i will next time.

notice my rep hit the zero mark, thats interesting but not unexpected. who determines your rep, do people like vote/ complain or is it a mederator controlled thing? i'll live, but for the moment i feel a deep sadness, like an emo kid who's parents bought him a generic mp3 player instead of the ultimate fashion statement that is Ipod.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
excellent session buddy. Curls and deadlifts immense!

about the rep points tho. Anyone can decide ur rep points. they generally vote on posts but they cant neg or plus the same person a few times in a row.

check ur user cp to see whos negged u and repped u