• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Line - "We Can Rebuild Him"

Spike

Spike

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
real awesome workout your really "hitting em up"great numbers on the deadz and bb rows,and 50 pound dumbell curls in everyones face.i really find your log inspiring thanks for having it buddy.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Once again, thanks for the support. You guys motivating me is what makes this log what it is and that's why you'll always see me thank each one of you...except Jorn...

Jorn - Going to the Bahamas tomorrow so you'll get some more pics soon :2:

BB - Gotta sick with those basics man. Let me tell you, after Deads like that carrying heavy-ass dressers full of clothes doesn't seem to bad

Tweak - Glad to see you liked the Deads numbers but hated the Rows numbers LOL. I'm still a far ways off from your mighty rows man, but don't think your numbers aren't in the back of my head every set I pick up that BB.

Flex C - Thanks for the compliment on my deads and rows, especially from a strong individual like yourself; and yes, when I go back to Penn State Main Campus my dumbells will go up to 130 pounds so I'll have a little more weight to work with.

I also appreciate you asking questions about my routine and/or showing concern as to me getting my best results. To answer the first one, it's not necessarily that I didn't have more "in the tank" but to be honest I really don't have to do much for biceps to get them to grow. I guess I'm just genetically blessed in that area in comparison to triceps even, and I don't want them to be too out of balance.

To answer your second question: this isn't my normal split at all but just me trying to get everything in one last time before taking a four-day break when I go on vacation. So normally these two bodyparts aren't even grouped with two days of each other but for one workout before leaving I'm not worried about cheating myself out of any gains. Good questions though.

Evo - Thank you my friend for the kind words and congrats on a PB (expect another next week) and I'm glad you've become a "regular" here at my log because I always enjoy reading your posts.

Q - Thanks again my Iron Brother, because of you I've been basically training for back thickness my last few workouts! lol. I'm definately going to enjoy this vacation and getting some sun, but don't think I won't be getting in some cardio and ab work while I'm gone.

BRM - I'm glad things between us have progressed outside the R vs J Thread and that I'm putting up inspiring numbers. Hopefully you'll start a log soon as well because you sound like a big dude! And thanks for not commenting on my glutes again too! :2:

Stay tuned for today's session which will be the last one until Tuesday :tear:

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey Line!!! Good workout mate, you're definetly on the road!!! Your weights seem pretty good, you're only beggining a new training method (I believe) and you're pushing yourself very hard!!! Hope you relax a lot in Bahamas, you'll need it!

Extreme deadz, mate... also your alternates with 50lbs are not bad at all... (OMG)

Keep lifting!!

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
msvf1 - Thanks bro. I'm not really trying out a new training method or anything now, just a slightly different split so I can get everything in twice a week despite working a lot. That way if I do miss a workout because of a long day of work, I'll still get that bodypart at least once a week yet. So yes, it did take some adjusting but right now I'm settling into that and this new gym I've been able to get to as of late. Thanks for reading, man.

I'm going on vacation to the Bahamas (The Atlantis Resort) tomorrow in the early morning and returning home late monday night. I'll be certain to take pics and let you guys know if anything interesting happens, but I'll definately miss checking out all your logs and updating my own. Here was my last session before my trip, hope you enjoy it as much as I did ;)

Date: 7.20.06

Time of Workout: 1:00 pm

Meals Before Workout: 2

Weight: 194 pounds (I've been eating plenty of clean foods the past few days)

Here we go guys...I had a pretty good workout today; damn I'm going to miss the iron for the next four days...

Chest

Flat BB Bench Press
Set #1 - 135 pounds x 12 reps
Set #2 - 185 pounds x 8 reps
Set #3 - 225 pounds x 8 reps
Set #4 - 235 pounds x 7 reps
...personal best, yeahhh budday! :dance:

DB Incline Press
Set #1 - 80 pounds x 8 reps
Set #2 - 90 pounds x 7 reps
Set #3 - 90 pounds x 6 reps DROP 60 pounds x 8 reps
...I was actually a little pissed I was only able to do 90 pounds for so many reps so I didn't plan originally on doing a drop set but wasn't about to let myself get off so easy :31_whip:

Dips
Set #1 - Bodyweight x 12 reps...too easy, time to get out the ol' weight-belt
Set #2 - Bodyweight + 45 pounds x 10 reps
Set #3 - Bodyweight + 90 pounds x 8 reps
...ain't nothin' to it :weightlifter:

Triceps
Pushdowns with V-Bar
Set #1 - 60 pounds x 20 reps...gotta warm up, my elbows aren't the greatest
Set #2 - 100 pounds x 12 reps
Set #3 - 130 pounds x 10 reps

EZ Bar Skull-Crushers
Set #1 - 75 pounds x 10 reps
Set #2 - 125 pounds x 8 reps
Set #3 - 125 pounds x 8 reps

Single-Overhead DB Extension (Going for Pump and Stretch)
Set #1 - 30 pounds x 12 reps
Set #2 - 30 pounds x 12 reps

That's all she wrote. I stretched after finishing chest then again after tris and felt great. As you guys know, this is not my usual split but I just wanted one more workout in before my short-layoff. Looking forward to reading your comments when I return; I'll miss you, My Iron Brothers :wave:

Nobody better fucking slack off while I'm gone :cool:

Spike

Spike

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i always knew my man line was a strong "motherfucka" great to see you broke a personal record real awesome workout,you really tore the gym apart man.great numbers like always,and have a great vacation you deserve it

TrueOutlaw

TrueOutlaw

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
good work line...can't wait to see those big numbers from you dog keep it up

MexicanMuscle

MexicanMuscle

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
great session line, you got great numbers in. hope u have a good vacation buddy, we will miss ya too!

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
OMG; your bechs are insane, Line. Your "double-split" as I will call it is simply insane, getting the pump on the same muscles twice a weeks must be painful!!!

Your Skull-Crushers also amazes me... very high weights.

Have nice holidays mate, you deserve them!

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
man that bench is crazy, and hitting 90lbs on Db Incline AFTER Flat Bench is amazing bro. Holy shit at your dips bro, thats some crazy dipping especially after hitting flat and incline, damn thats HUGE. Crap man and you still had heavy damn weight on triceps after pulverizing your chest, amazing brother. Enjoy your vacation, we'll hold down the fort for you dont worry!

Amped

Amped

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Great job again Line but do you any fly movement for you chest?

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Project Evo

Project Evo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wow Line!! Earth shattering stuff indeed. Congrats on the P.B mate, what about those dips!!! Surely you've gone beyond a P.B on those, they're incredible mate and as for dropsetting on the DB Inclines...you insane bastard!!!

Great numbers from a great bloke. Superb stuff.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
excellent job on the DB and BB press!

Q80_Musclehed

Q80_Musclehed

Line said:
msvf1 - Thanks bro. I'm not really trying out a new training method or anything now, just a slightly different split so I can get everything in twice a week despite working a lot. That way if I do miss a workout because of a long day of work, I'll still get that bodypart at least once a week yet. So yes, it did take some adjusting but right now I'm settling into that and this new gym I've been able to get to as of late. Thanks for reading, man.

I'm going on vacation to the Bahamas (The Atlantis Resort) tomorrow in the early morning and returning home late monday night. I'll be certain to take pics and let you guys know if anything interesting happens, but I'll definately miss checking out all your logs and updating my own. Here was my last session before my trip, hope you enjoy it as much as I did ;)

Date: 7.20.06

Time of Workout: 1:00 pm

Meals Before Workout: 2

Weight: 194 pounds (I've been eating plenty of clean foods the past few days)

Here we go guys...I had a pretty good workout today; damn I'm going to miss the iron for the next four days...

Chest

Flat BB Bench Press
Set #1 - 135 pounds x 12 reps
Set #2 - 185 pounds x 8 reps
Set #3 - 225 pounds x 8 reps
Set #4 - 235 pounds x 7 reps
...personal best, yeahhh budday! :dance:

DB Incline Press
Set #1 - 80 pounds x 8 reps
Set #2 - 90 pounds x 7 reps
Set #3 - 90 pounds x 6 reps DROP 60 pounds x 8 reps
...I was actually a little pissed I was only able to do 90 pounds for so many reps so I didn't plan originally on doing a drop set but wasn't about to let myself get off so easy :31_whip:

Dips
Set #1 - Bodyweight x 12 reps...too easy, time to get out the ol' weight-belt
Set #2 - Bodyweight + 45 pounds x 10 reps
Set #3 - Bodyweight + 90 pounds x 8 reps
...ain't nothin' to it :weightlifter:

Triceps
Pushdowns with V-Bar
Set #1 - 60 pounds x 20 reps...gotta warm up, my elbows aren't the greatest
Set #2 - 100 pounds x 12 reps
Set #3 - 130 pounds x 10 reps

EZ Bar Skull-Crushers
Set #1 - 75 pounds x 10 reps
Set #2 - 125 pounds x 8 reps
Set #3 - 125 pounds x 8 reps

Single-Overhead DB Extension (Going for Pump and Stretch)
Set #1 - 30 pounds x 12 reps
Set #2 - 30 pounds x 12 reps

That's all she wrote. I stretched after finishing chest then again after tris and felt great. As you guys know, this is not my usual split but I just wanted one more workout in before my short-layoff. Looking forward to reading your comments when I return; I'll miss you, My Iron Brothers :wave:

Nobody better fucking slack off while I'm gone :cool:
I'm gonna miss u brother .. but that last session is brutal as ur previous one .. glad to see a new Personal Record in here .. awesome and hardcore job brother .. wish u all the best with ur vacation .. enjoy it and have some tan there :) Bless u man

Urs Q80

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Looks like you've been hitting it hard in my abscence! great session Line! Enjoy your time off! Look forward to your return! :)

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Well guys, I'm back and will be training legs after class today around 12:30pm and I have no idea how it will go. Luckily my weight stayed the same from before I left (I may not be quite as tight but oh well) so hopefully my strength hasn't gone anywhere in my short absence. To be honest, my stomach was killing me this morning (damn Bahamian food!) and I had a hard time getting out of bed but it's settled a bit now. I'll be updating the log with today's leg session this afternoon so until then, here are my gratitudes towards your feedback from when I was gone:

BRM - Thanks man, vacation was nice and relaxing but it's time to get back into the gym today and tear it apart again providing my stomach settles down from all the shitty, yet delicious food I ate

TO - You'll see bigger numbers today in my leg session, stay tuned...

MM - Thanks buddy, just wanted to hit it hard one last time before leaving and I feel I did. Now that I'm back I really have to step up the weights and intensity a notch.

mvsf1 - LOL, The pump I get is great and all but I found out early on that I recover fast so really it's not so bad for me to hit the gym twice a week at this intensity. In actuality I need to go to the gym that often or I feel like I'm deteriorating. I actually trained everything once a week last off-season and hit 220 with my weight but it was not a "pretty" 220 to say the least so I hope to have a higher frequency off-season this year and be even bigger at a lower bodyfat.

Tweak - Thanks brother, one thing I've been working on is keeping my strength up from exercise to exercise and one way I've been improving that is not fucking around with 17823191 warmup sets each time. By doing higher weights right away my overall strength is improving much faster and hopefully size will too come bulking-season.

Amped - Every now and then I'll do a flye movement but the more I've read up the more I feel they're unnecessary. Since I'm doing everything at least 2x a week (ideally that is) I try to get 3 exercises in per bodypart as hard and heavy as possible, recover, and re-hit it. I'll do something like DB flyes mainly for a better stretch/pump at the end of a workout but my chest has never been all that thick so I'm focusing mainly on presses. I actually did DB flyes (60 pounds x 8 reps) last week and will probably do something of that nature again during my next chest session. I appreciate the question though.

Evo - I always love reading your comments brother. As for the dips, I have no idea but I think I may have done 2-3 plates for reps back at school this past year. If in my next workout I can do 2 plates + my bodyweight for 12 reps or more I'll consider that my PB lol :2:

Hypo - Thanks man, something I've been working desperately on, trust me.

Q - Brother, thanks for the comment. I didn't quite get the tan I wanted but at least I was able to maintain my weight and get in some ab work and cardio so hopefully I can pick up right where I left off today with legs.

Rocky - Thanks, Rock. Glad you checked out the log and I'm looking forward to yours starting up again!

MexicanMuscle

MexicanMuscle

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
glad to see u are back man, hope u had a great time, and can't wait to see your log back in action!

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
MexicanMuscle said:
glad to see u are back man, hope u had a great time, and can't wait to see your log back in action!
Thanks, it's good to be back in action (with colors!)...

Date: 7.25.06

Time of Workout:
12:40 pm

Location of Workout: Penn State LV Gym

Meals Before Workout:

Duration: 55 minutes

Well guys, today was my first day back and it was leg day. I feel it was a fairly good day and my intensity and focus was great but I took it a bit easy on myself (from a volume standpoint) because I have to work tomorrow. The last thing I want is to have trouble walking, let alone carrying boxes, dressers, and furniture up and down steps! I did one really light warm-up set on leg extensions to get some blood flowing and off we went...

Quads
Smith-Machine Front Squat...I went back to the Smith but this time faced the opposite direction as before and didn't face the problem of having the bar "catch" at all. Thank God.
Set #1 - 225 pounds x 8 reps
Set #2 - 275 pounds x 8 reps
Set #3 - 315 pounds x 6 reps
...damn bar slipped down my arms! Still, a PB nonetheless :dance:

Leg Press
Set #1 - 590 pounds x 8 reps
Set #2 - 770 pounds x 8 reps
Set #3 - 860 pounds x 4 reps

Leg Extensions supersetted with DB Walking Lunges
Set #1 - 150 pounds x 15 reps + 50 pounds (each hand) x 8 steps (each leg)
Set #2 - 200 pounds (entire stack!) x 10 reps + 50 pounds x 8 steps

...break to stretch...

Hamstrings
SLDL off a Block
Set #1 - 135 pounds x 15 reps
Set #2 - 225 pounds x 10 reps
Set #3 - 275 pounds x 8 reps
...PB :dance:

Seated Hamstring Curls

Set #1 - 100 pounds x 12 reps
Set #2 - 150 pounds x 10 reps
Set #3 - 150 pounds x 10 reps DROP 100 pounds x 8 reps DROP 50 pounds x 20 reps

...stretched up my hamstrings and quads again and did some quick calf work and I was out. Really, I should do more for calves and will really give them an ass-kicking when I start bulking again at school. After everything was all said and done I got my PW nutrition in me and headed to the pool to layout in the sun. It was a good day, hope everyone else's was too. Thanks for reading :eek5wavey:

PS: A few more pics coming soon :spy:

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Goddamn those are some strong quads right there! Strong legs overall. Awesome session Line!

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
crazy lookin front squats bro

Spike

Spike

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
a real awesome workout bro really freaky numbers, very impressive especially the front squats and that superset sounded just plain brutal.well what can i say you destroyed the gym,and to get a tight ripped ass like yours i guess you have to.
PS:i will mention your ass on every leg day you post :spy: