• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Steves Diet/nutrition log

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
it aint hard to cook chicken/beef and rice.....or oats lol

just boil rice and oats in water....chicken and beef throw in a pan or on the bbq. Honestly you need to eat more quality food dude bulking or cutting

okay man, thanks, i'll make myself cook..

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
it aint hard to cook chicken/beef and rice.....or oats lol

just boil rice and oats in water....chicken and beef throw in a pan or on the bbq. Honestly you need to eat more quality food dude bulking or cutting

Even simpler than that.

Try a flavor-free rotisserie chicken, that microwaves on high for 30 seconds. It's only $5 by me, which is great. Beef will need to be cooked or grilled on a skillet/pan.

Oats...get the minute oats. Microwaveable and take 1-minute. I'd refrain from the packets, sodium + refined sugars are heightened.

Hypo -- how did you like the diet I sent you?

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ya stay clear of the instant oat packs....buy rolled oats in bulk takes like 2 minutes in the microwave to cook. Its really not hard... just takes prep and some time to eat clean dude

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Liking it so far,
need to buy more food still..
did an hour of cardio after work
305cals, 12miles, 90rpm, 129-132 Hr

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
4 scoops of mass gainer whey
one scoop every hour

tomorrow im gonna eat pure oats for breakfast, skim milk. one scoop of whey (non mass gainer version)

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Had some chicken from Churches, with small glass of skim milk
then couple hours ago had a bowl of oats, with some skim milk.
water,

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'd really lower your milk intake, maybe even limit to the morning and before bed. The lactose in it (simple carb; milk sugar) will raise blood glucose levels. The more frequently you raise BGL's and secrete insulin, the more insulin resistant and less sensitive you become. For not just a bodybuilder but for the average person, that's bad.

Don't get me wrong,

In one's diet, protein plays a role. But if you're eating the sufficient macrototals and taking in the correct calories (which I think you're getting to) you really shouldn't stress for it. Focus on other calories- unsaturated fats (omega's) and carbs (complex, grained).

Not nitpicking bro. But if you keep your BGL's steady throughout the day, the more effective the insulin spike becomes post workout.

Hope you take this into consideration! :xyxthumbs:

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ thanks KM, i picked up some broccoli crowns at the store, and mootopia milk (45% less sugar and 50% more protein than regular milk) 64oz cost 3$.
8oz serving of this milk is 12grams protein, 6grams sugar.

i couldnt carry alot of stuff so for now, i will have some broccoli with my quaker oats,

also have been eating shaved turkey sandwiches with whole wheat bread (not deli sliced, in bag) it has a good amount of sodium tho :(..

so drink milk in morning and nite?

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ thanks KM, i picked up some broccoli crowns at the store, and mootopia milk (45% less sugar and 50% more protein than regular milk) 64oz cost 3$.
8oz serving of this milk is 12grams protein, 6grams sugar.

i couldnt carry alot of stuff so for now, i will have some broccoli with my quaker oats,

also have been eating shaved turkey sandwiches with whole wheat bread (not deli sliced, in bag) it has a good amount of sodium tho :(..

so drink milk in morning and nite?

That milk sounds great! Is the serving size 8 oz. (1cup)? If so limit to that. Definitely if you have a chance search glycemic load. It's the new, more accurate form of measure how glycotic food sources are. If you'd like me to explain I'd be more than happy to.

The reason I say this is, 6g of milk sugar (lactose) is definitely not enough to raise BGL's enough to secrete insulin. However, if you down, say, 6x the serving size, the load is induced and will have an effect on your blood glucose/pancreatic hormones.

You're bulking perse right? If so don't stress about the sodium. Higherer amounts will cause you to retain water which could look nice on the scale. Anymore than 4g regularly is too much. Keep it at around 2g-ish. Consistent lower than that + low sodium cause you to go into hyponatremia...bad bad.

Broocoli,

Not good for a bulk. Great occasionally because of phyto-chemicals, but is nonetheless a fiber (insoluble) and can not be digested, think cellulose. Thus, the energy sustained from it is inferior to complex-grained carbs.

Milk in the morning is fine. In the morning you need to refill glycogen. The speed at which you do this isn't as important as post workout. Or should I say- crucial.

At night it's fine. Your low-sug is perfect :2: the protein in the milk is a casein. Great!

I think you need more carbs in your entire diet though, bro.

So,

Long read! Sorry, just trying to help ya out. Lemme know if you have other questions!

Kev

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks man

I also bought some mixed veggies in a bag
Carrots, broccoli, beans in a bag, put in microwave.
have to pour water in a dish and seal top with plastic wrap

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
also have regular oats i eat, add hot water with some skim milk

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
just ate those mixed veggies bag thing
some pasta stuff in it
had 5 servings (whole bag) lol

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Veggies are fine, don't get me wrong. But they will not be stored as glycogen or even digested = pointless on a bulk..acts as a filler.

Make sure pasta's are whole grain, white-flour is pointless as well. Also have oats with water! Tastes better too, haha.

Ohwell.

Keep up the good work on the diet bro!

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ thanks man, i'll be sure to keep the oats with just water.
that veggie bag was pretty good, you dont open it or cut it/pierce it. you put it in the microwave and it steams up by itsself.

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ thanks man, i'll be sure to keep the oats with just water.
that veggie bag was pretty good, you dont open it or cut it/pierce it. you put it in the microwave and it steams up by itsself.

Anytime bro!

Yep! I have those too, they're perfect and take 1-2 minutes to steam a cup of broccoli :tiphat:

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Kool bro :). i woke up around 3AM, going to eat some oats now.
some mootopia milk too.

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Definitely add some wholesome, unsaturated fat sources with some of your meals. Remember, protein, carbs, fats- anyone of these macronutrients alone will not make you grow, them combined, meaning more calories, will. So, based on this caloric formula:

4cals/1g of carbs
4cals/1g of protein
9cals/1g of fat

Adding more fat will help elevate caloric intake, you just need to be caucious. As far as metabolic heat, % fat burned off. It's the least. That said, if you need some extra "supercarge", some nuts, butters (almond and peanut), oils, etc are your answers.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Definitely add some wholesome, unsaturated fat sources with some of your meals. Remember, protein, carbs, fats- anyone of these macronutrients alone will not make you grow, them combined, meaning more calories, will. So, based on this caloric formula:

4cals/1g of carbs
4cals/1g of protein
9cals/1g of fat

Adding more fat will help elevate caloric intake, you just need to be caucious. As far as metabolic heat, % fat burned off. It's the least. That said, if you need some extra "supercarge", some nuts, butters (almond and peanut), oils, etc are your answers.

ive been using mayo with olive oil it has mono and poly unsat fats.
also, right now i dont have anything besides the oats, broccoli.
everything else is junk food.

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
K then I don't know what you want me to tell you. Do what you can.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
K then I don't know what you want me to tell you. Do what you can.

just got back from a small grocery store
got some Wasa whole grain Crispbars (hard as rock)
quaker oatmeal maple brown sugar.
some Fullfill vitamin powder for water.

I got 2 huge bags of plain oats im using as of now.

since you live in the USA, what brand name of chicken, or lean meat do you buy.