• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

What happened to the MuscleMecca we used to have?

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Hey, at least this thread is inspiring people to post, even if just to piss, moan and reminisce.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
lets just restart as a powerlifting or mma forum? a lot more talk to be had there. lololol

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
^^ I've missed you soooo much

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
missed you too xoxoxoxo

success_kid_by_maynard_704.jpg

fe0ccdb023ad442a8f0822bfa8a56f5c-1.jpg

tumblr_lfwt8akEFW1qcqorzo1_400-1.jpg

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
I think the real problem with this forum is the subject matter and how it grows tiresome. For me it breaks down to these key points.

- My favourite bodybuilders have retired or compete only once a year.

- Bodybuilding success is really more about genetics, drugs and eating rather then actual physical accomplishments. There isn't one bodybuilder since ronnie coleman that actually trains balls to the wall to improve his body.

- The sport doesn't bring anything new to the table and the same old formula is a phase ive grown out of. The freak factor is not impressive id rather watch a real sport and discuss a real sport (e.g soccer world cup thread. Best thread this forum has seen in ages)

- Bodybuilding is niche, even if i wanted to talk about it, noone wants to talk about it or like i said its exciting once a year.

I came to dungeon because of the videos that pain made. At that time the freak factor was enough to get me interested. I came to the forum and there were a lot of active members, it was exciting and fresh. I was a new bodybuilding fan new nothing about the sport. since then its been 6 years tho and i learned being a bodybuilding fan is to be a fan of the most boring sport in the world. A sport has to be competitive, to spark conversation you want to see regular competitions. There is one competition a year that is interesting in bodybuilding and 364 days of filler inbetween. We can talk about the diets, the training and the small shows inbetween, but thats really just a monotonous repeating bore, especially when the athletes give so little away. Who knows when jay cutler retires maybe ill be more interested in bodybuilding again? I dont think this forum will reiginite anytime soon tho. Theres only so many times you can type "he got bigger wow" or "he looks the same" and still be motivated to type it the next time the olympia rolls around or a small show.

the things this forum used to do well.

Active offtopic threads,
training threads,
nutrition threads,
lots of active members that were like a tight nit community.
That stuff negated the ****ness of bodybuilding as a spectator sport for me and as a motivated trainer was enough to keep me coming back.

Now days the only posts i usually read are natzos,tkds,skips and freakos occasioanlly dilateds but meh. lololol Old days there would be 50+ members that would actively contribute with something lulzy, informative or inspiring (logs etc)

Unrelated, but i posted a troll thread on sherdog.com (mma forum) 1 hour ago and it already has 70 replies 800 views
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/mma-pokemon-1572455/index7.html

... If only mecca had active things to talk about like that or not things like that to talk about, but actual talking about. lolol

Last edited:
Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah I agree with Pickle. Plus, we used to have huge forum wars with Ronnie vs Jay, with like 10 people vehemently arguing each side in every thread. Now it's "Well Jay won, although Phil could have. Kai's weird. Roelly has big triceps. Dex looks the same."

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
pICKLE TRY TO OPEN A THREAD bODYBUILDING IS POKEMON AND LET'S SEE WHAT HAPPENS... LOL

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
we have a very long MIA list...thats sad :(

Pain and Tech used to be very active, Pain is spending time wiith family...grandchildren, Tech is on tour now, he's lady gaga, for those who didnt know.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
we have a very long MIA list...thats sad :(

Pain and Tech used to be very active, Pain is spending time wiith family...grandchildren, Tech is on tour now, he's lady gaga, for those who didnt know.

I knew it!

nothing like Lady gaga to light up a thread immersed in darkness.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
pICKLE TRY TO OPEN A THREAD bODYBUILDING IS POKEMON AND LET'S SEE WHAT HAPPENS... LOL

it wouldnt work. every bodybuilder looks like machamp/machoke, making it a dead end comparison.

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
^^ I'm just about to destroy you in the 5/3/1 league table, just saying...

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ronnie retired and the interest in BB for lots of people also retired. That's a fact.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
^^ I'm just about to destroy you in the 5/3/1 league table, just saying...

thats fine, you'll always be my bitch for the lifts i care about. squats and power cleans. Plus my dad would beat ur dad in a fight.

P

Pioneer

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ronnie retired and the interest in BB for lots of people also retired. That's a fact.

Yea this probally has a lot to do with it,

I also agree with Pickle and think this forum would be benefit from moving more towards powerlifting or atleast creates a powerlifting section.

Last edited:
Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

this is a bodybuilding forum.