The Official Olympic Games 2008 thread - Page 8
Your first visit?
Register

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 127 to 144 of 293
  1. #127
    Team Winklaar bodybuilding reputation Pickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    4,633
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonyk212000 View Post
    That doesnt mean shit expecially when we have phelps. So far the only mens event that has had a final was won by U.S.A and U.S.A also had bronze. Australia hasnt even medaled yet.
    pfff what is shit is that ur best swimmer dominates in all the least popular events. Im the hide and go seek champion the domino champion and the marble champion but it means nothing because i haven't played anyone in those games for years. Lets see phelps do something like the 100m freestyle an event people care about. Oh wait he did. He was in the 4 by 100 swum the first leg and got smoked by an aussie:wutyousay: best of all time? hardly. decent athlete that picked the events where swimming rejects go. likely.

    Lets look at his golds.
    Relay 100m freestyle (he was riding on the wave of his team)
    relay 200m fresstyle (didnt watch it but probably the same)
    200m Butterfly (Who swims this event? Honestly 100meters is enough the last 100 they are buggered and swim it shitly anyway.)
    Individual medley 200m (anything with breaststroke in =fail and anyone who can swim freestlyle or butterfly or backstroke wont give a shit about it)
    Individual medley 400m (see above point)

    Saying Michael Phelps is the best is as dumb as the americans saying they are world champions of nfl.


    :imcoolurnot::imcoolurnot::imcoolurnot:

    j/k

    :cardulikesmen:





    •   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

      MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical, Competition
      Muscle Building Community
        
      Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

  2. #128
    ^ Dont be mad cause your country blows. As for being smoked by a Aussie. Hardly plus it was the first heat which makes you and your argument laughable. OMG the only thing you can come up against him is that he lost to someone in a heat. O NO I bet he is upset about a poor performance and fears he wont get the gold. CMON dude seriously dont post in this thread again unless you have a fraction of an argument. He is the ebst olympian and will be forever. Lets see every event he has entered he has won with a world record. Phelps>Australia, China, France and anyone elese who ever swam in the olympics.




  3. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonyk212000 View Post
    ^ Dont be mad cause your country blows. As for being smoked by a Aussie. Hardly plus it was the first heat which makes you and your argument laughable. OMG the only thing you can come up against him is that he lost to someone in a heat. O NO I bet he is upset about a poor performance and fears he wont get the gold. CMON dude seriously dont post in this thread again unless you have a fraction of an argument. He is the ebst olympian and will be forever. Lets see every event he has entered he has won with a world record. Phelps>Australia, China, France and anyone elese who ever swam in the olympics.
    best swimming legend ey. Ian thorpe? he may be a douche, but he is better than phelps.


    She really looks like someone set her face on fire and put it out with a bike chain.


  4. #130
    Team Winklaar bodybuilding reputation Pickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    4,633
    btw heres what happend last time phelps tried to swim a real event.






    Anyway, Dont get fired up T, I was having a laugh.

    Australia isnt as strong in swimming as it used to be but we still will probably go very close to out medal the US at these games in the swimming. Thats with our much smaller population. stop being so blindly patriotic australia does not blow infact as atheletes we are much better than you.




  5. #131
    ^ Sorry the olympics really fires me up.

    Thorpe maybe top 5 but not even close to the best. He has 5 gold medals total. Phelps already has 5 in this olympics. Thorpe isnt even close.




  6. #132
    Ian Thorpe Best Ever - Doesnt look like at 1:04 When he falls off the block :keke: Like I said before maybe top 5








  7. #133
    Team Winklaar bodybuilding reputation Pickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    4,633
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonyk212000 View Post
    ^ Sorry the olympics really fires me up.

    Thorpe maybe top 5 but not even close to the best. He has 5 gold medals total. Phelps already has 5 in this olympics. Thorpe isnt even close.
    lol, its good it fires u up. Your inspiring me to watch it live in 2 hours or so. what events does phelps have left?

    p.s i dont see how you can judge an athlete on ammount of gold medals as the biggest indicator for sucess. Its about dominating performances in hotly contested events. The 100m freestyle mens on today is the perfect example. The two fastest qualifiers swapped world records 5 minutes apart from each other. It would be easily the most trained for swimming event literally any of the 8 could come away with the win and whoever does will be the fastest man in water.

    There isn't the same ammount of skilled competetion in the events that Phelps does he is a smart man to go for gold in the poorly contested events. It has every american screaming go you good thing im so proud when really im betting any decent swimmer could do it. Infact using phelps as inspiration I think ill take up ultimate frisbee and walk my way to a world championship.

    P.p.s Im gonna cry when the frenchmen out touches the aussie in the 100m :dunnodude:




  8. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickle View Post
    I think ill take up ultimate frisbee and walk my way to a world championship.
    Ill smoke you I owned in gym class.




  9. #135
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation chadcruz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    637
    What I dont understand is how the Americans dont give a shit about Phelps and his achievements. If he was Australian he'd be a god. Like Tony K said, Thorpe has 5 golds in total and here in Australia we act like he is the greatest of all time...Phelps has 5 gold already at this Olympics and isnt even done yet. I cant believe NBC didnt even bother to show his race live and instead show 'Access Hollywood'. Pathetic.


    NBC fails to show Michael Phelps record-breaking swim

    AFTER moving the swimming finals to suit its advertisers, US television giant NBC didn't show Michael Phelps' historic swim live yesterday.
    The juggeranut network haggled with Olympic authorities and other networks around the world for several years to have the swimming finals moved to the mornings to cater for the US prime time television audience.

    At one stage, NBC threatened to withdraw their nine figure rights deal if the finals were not switched to mornings.

    Swimming bodies complained about the change because of the way it would affect the swimmers' preparation. They were forced to re-arrange all lead up swimming events to ensure swimmers were well prepared for the dramatic change.

    But we can reveal today that Michael Phelps' and other major swimming finals have not been telecast live into the US even though the events have started in prime time in the US.

    When Phelps swam for his tenth Olympic gold medal yesterday, Los Angeles NBC was screening entertainment program, Access Hollywood.

    Full story at http://www.foxsports.com.au/beijing_...016813,00.html




  10. #136
    Team Winklaar bodybuilding reputation Pickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    4,633
    Quote Originally Posted by chadcruz View Post
    What I dont understand is how the Americans dont give a shit about Phelps and his achievements. If he was Australian he'd be a god. Like Tony K said, Thorpe has 5 golds in total and here in Australia we act like he is the greatest of all time...Phelps has 5 gold already at this Olympics and isnt even done yet. I cant believe NBC didnt even bother to show his race live and instead show 'Access Hollywood'. Pathetic.


    NBC fails to show Michael Phelps record-breaking swim

    AFTER moving the swimming finals to suit its advertisers, US television giant NBC didn't show Michael Phelps' historic swim live yesterday.
    The juggeranut network haggled with Olympic authorities and other networks around the world for several years to have the swimming finals moved to the mornings to cater for the US prime time television audience.

    At one stage, NBC threatened to withdraw their nine figure rights deal if the finals were not switched to mornings.

    Swimming bodies complained about the change because of the way it would affect the swimmers' preparation. They were forced to re-arrange all lead up swimming events to ensure swimmers were well prepared for the dramatic change.

    But we can reveal today that Michael Phelps' and other major swimming finals have not been telecast live into the US even though the events have started in prime time in the US.

    When Phelps swam for his tenth Olympic gold medal yesterday, Los Angeles NBC was screening entertainment program, Access Hollywood.

    Full story at http://www.foxsports.com.au/beijing_...016813,00.html

    gay! thats worse then channel 7's coverage in aus.




  11. #137
    channel 7 at least shows the big races though...




  12. #138
    Team Winklaar bodybuilding reputation Pickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    4,633
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    channel 7 at least shows the big races though...
    true but it focuses a lot on shit events. the other night the equistrian when hewitt was playing rapha in the tennis.




  13. #139
    i know... i was waiting for the weightlifting.. and equestrian was on for like 4 fuckin hours




  14. #140
    Team Winklaar bodybuilding reputation Pickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    4,633
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    i know... i was waiting for the weightlifting.. and equestrian was on for like 4 fuckin hours
    wheres the horse flu when u need it?


    :carduindisguise too far?




  15. #141
    Team Winklaar bodybuilding reputation Pickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    4,633
    I dare libby trickett to scare me more finishing 9th after the semi finals only for one person to get dq'd and her to make the final... It'd be funny if she still won gold.




  16. #142
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Duality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    3,522
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    best swimming legend ey. Ian thorpe? he may be a douche, but he is better than phelps.

    you can't honestly be saying thorpe is better than phelps. i don't care where you're from, you must give phelps his due.



    however one thing that really irritates me is NBC proclaiming phelps the greatest olympian ever. why? because of his medal count? that's absurd. the fact that a swimmer can even win what like 9 medals in a a single olympics lessens the meaning of those medals. a gymnast who is the best in the world can win no more than 2 medals in a given olympics, and that's only if he/she is the best on their team so they can compete in the individual all around. i'd like to see them give all olympians who compete in major events such as gymnastics the oppurtunity to win that many medals. if you can win a gold silver or bronze for the 200m, 400m, 200m relay, etc in swimming, they should award gold silver and bronze for the best on the balance beam, pommel horse, still rings, floor, etc. and not make it an "all around" medal, even though a medal earned in this form means far more than the medals they award for everything in the swimming events.

    i'm american and support the US team, but i don't think phelps is anywhere near the greatest olympian ever just because of his medal count. greatest swimmer, yes.

    /rant




  17. #143
    libby trickett and liesel jones are the same person... i swear to god ey




  18. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by Duality View Post
    you can't honestly be saying thorpe is better than phelps. i don't care where you're from, you must give phelps his due.



    however one thing that really irritates me is NBA proclaiming phelps the greatest olympian ever. why? because of his medal count? that's absurd. the fact that a swimmer can even win what like 9 medals in a a single olympics lessens the meaning of those medals. a gymnast who is the best in the world can win no more than 2 medals in a given olympics, and that's only if he/she is the best on their team so they can compete in the individual all around. i'd like to see them give all olympians who compete in major events such as gymnastics the oppurtunity to win that many medals. if you can win a gold silver or bronze for the 200m, 400m, 200m relay, etc in swimming, they should award gold silver and bronze for the best on the balance beam, pommel horse, still rings, floor, etc. and not make it an "all around" medal, even though a medal earned in this form means far more than the medals they award for everything in the swimming events.

    i'm american and support the US team, but i don't think phelps is anywhere near the greatest olympian ever just because of his medal count. greatest swimmer, yes.

    /rant
    Gymnastics is an all round sport. You have to be the best at everything to be the best. Swimming is different... obviously.






    • MuscleMecca Sponsors

      MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Powerlifting, Weight Training
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

        

        




 

 
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

collapse Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
By agreeing to the above you are also agreeing to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Statement.