• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

2009 Mr. Olympia Results

J

Jusa*

FINAL RESULTS
1. Jay Cutler
2. Branch Warren
3. Dexter Jackson
4. Kai Greene
5. Phil Heath
6. Victor Martinez
7. Ronny Rockel
8. Toney Freeman
9. Hidetada Yamagishi
10. Moe El Moussawi
11. Melvin Anthony (tie)
11. Silvio Samuel (tie)
13. Gustavo Badell
14. Dennis James
15. Markus Ruhl
16. Troy Alves
16. Darrem Charles
16. Martin Kjellstrom
16. Bill Wilmore
16. Dennis Wolf
16. Joel Stubbs
16. Michael Kefalianos
16. Ahmad Haidar

Look at Wolf's placing(hahaha,chad is a dead man)

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
the only way i can justify these results is the judges were out to create publicity. Jay was deserved winner easily the best on stage but Branch second? lol Its like they had a memo to try and shake up for next years olympia. Lets place an outisider in 2nd place to try and destroy the theories of paying ur dues etc. Branch is great from the front has great conditioning but has no back and showed minimal improvements in his arms. He was definitely less complete then a sick phil heath yesterday.

Id love to see the scorecard... I had branch 6th...

Scorecards here, http://www.musclemecca.com/showthread.php/scorecards-2009-olympia-46722.html

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
worst judging at an olympia ever?

Cookie monster

Cookie monster

The only placings I don't agree with is The Gift, and Kai, they shouldve been switched. Jay and Branch fully BROUGHT IT. I said it before, I'll say it again, the Olympia is a BIG man's show. The biggest, hardest guy onstage will always win the Olympia

agreed!

hulk777

hulk777

nothin wrong with branches 2nd placing open your eyes and look. dexter looks the same as always since 2004 nothin special there.

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think very few peopel had that top 5. Brach is by far the biggest suprise for me but second I dunno.

ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
wow

i mean, theres a few things i'm happy about. i'm totally stoked that Jay won, he deserved it. and i'm also very happy that Ronny got 7th.

but it doesnt sink in that Branch got second. thats a shocker. he was in greeat shape and looked really good. but not even close to beating Dexter and Kai or Phil for that matter. i'm confused and dissapointed..

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
So finally Rockel get what he deserved? imo for this year's Mr O, yes.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Branch Warren? I must have been too drunk/upset to see his placement last night. What a fucking joke.

Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The whole thing if very surprising, not just the top 5... I wanted to see Toney Freeman in the top 5, or at least close up there. But 8th? Come on!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
P

Predah

Hide at ninth place? he's way too small for that :S

HeavyWeight_86

HeavyWeight_86

Jay deserved it, busted off his ass, come in big and shredded, back thickness a bit under that of Branch and Kai, but still a MR. O standing there.Props goes to Branch who deserved it, cause the other top contenders, see Phil, Wolf, Freeman, for the top 6 placings were all off or partially off, while Branch came in huge ripped and ready to rumble.Dex should have placed 4th after Kai, who surely deserved a top 3 placement for his debut.Biggest disappointment Dennis Wolf, otherwise Rockel took up the German mantle and showed up in the best shape ever, placement deserved.Freeman was bigger, but conditioning wasn't worth of top 6.This results looking at how the most "hyped" contenders came in at the show isn't much of a surprise, take away Heath, Freeman, Wolf, who you got left for the highest placings?It's reasonable.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
So I was sitting a couple rows back for pre-judging and the finals and it was amazing. Cutler absolutely blew away the competition and I am not a cutler fan. I only disagree with phils placing who I had at 3rd or 4th.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ what about branch?!how did he look in real life?

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Didnt have photos i'm afraid. Sat in the row in front of Jay's wife for pre-judging actually and shot the shit with her a lil bit. Gotta say she is a devoted wife to her athlete husband and she makes a damn good attempt to belt out her shallow voice when her hubby goes out lol. Branch came out first and their was no doubt in my mind he absolutely nailed it right when he came out. Of course the legs were ridiculous (front and back) but everything else was in. I said to my friend, "if he had a little more arms and slightly tighter back, he could win this show!". I had no idea how close I really was. When they were comparing the third place spot with branch, phil, and kai, I had Branch winning it but didnt think the judges would actually give it to him. Again, I just cant stress enough how great Jay looked. His density, muscle maturity, and dry physique was on a whole different level from the other competitors. When he walked out within 10 seconds I turned and told Kerry "congrats! Your husband just got the title back!". After pre-judging I had the following prediction.....
1. Jay Cutler
2. Dexter Jackson
3. Branch Warren
4. Phil Heath
5. Kai Green
6. Victor Martinez

and the rest of my top ten were right on. I will say it again, Jay really did walk away with this show. In my eyes it wasnt even close.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Didnt have photos i'm afraid. Sat in the row in front of Jay's wife for pre-judging actually and shot the shit with her a lil bit. Gotta say she is a devoted wife to her athlete husband and she makes a damn good attempt to belt out her shallow voice when her hubby goes out lol. Branch came out first and their was no doubt in my mind he absolutely nailed it right when he came out. Of course the legs were ridiculous (front and back) but everything else was in. I said to my friend, "if he had a little more arms and slightly tighter back, he could win this show!". I had no idea how close I really was. When they were comparing the third place spot with branch, phil, and kai, I had Branch winning it but didnt think the judges would actually give it to him. Again, I just cant stress enough how great Jay looked. His density, muscle maturity, and dry physique was on a whole different level from the other competitors. When he walked out within 10 seconds I turned and told Kerry "congrats! I just impregnated you!". After pre-judging I had the following prediction.....
1. Jay Cutler
2. Dexter Jackson
3. Branch Warren
4. Phil Heath
5. Kai Green
6. Victor Martinez

and the rest of my top ten were right on. I will say it again, Jay really did walk away with this show. In my eyes it wasnt even close.

Awesome !! Pictures and video can never match close quarters. Thanks for the details bro !