• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

2016 Mr. Olympia Predictions

• Thread starter MuscleMecca Crew
  • Start date
Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
So Joe, How would you compare Heath to those guys? How do you think Kevin Levrone will do?

If Heath wins on Saturday, he has to be in the conversation of some of the best ever. And he looks the part, as well. He has deserved each and every one of the five he has. He has a long way to go to tie or beat the record of eight Sandows, but it's hard not to give him credit where it's due.

I honestly feel that Levrone his going to come in looking fantastic but a tad bit smaller than the top three or four guys. Look at it this way - when Levrone was in his prime, he beat everyone except for Dorian and Ronnie - two guys that outsized him. Now at 52 after a 13-year layoff (part of that from bodybuilding itself, not just competing), it is a near-impossible task to win this show. Not totally impossible, though.

I'm rooting for Levrone big time for a litany of reasons. He's an older guy like myself, I know him and he's a very nice guy and he used to write for MuscleSport Magazine before going over to MD.

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
So Joe, How would you compare Heath to those guys? How do you think Kevin Levrone will do?

If Heath wins on Saturday, he has to be in the conversation of some of the best ever. And he looks the part, as well. He has deserved each and every one of the five he has. He has a long way to go to tie or beat the record of eight Sandows, but it's hard not to give him credit where it's due.

I honestly feel that Levrone his going to come in looking fantastic but a tad bit smaller than the top three or four guys. Look at it this way - when Levrone was in his prime, he beat everyone except for Dorian and Ronnie - two guys that outsized him. Now at 52 after a 13-year layoff (part of that from bodybuilding itself, not just competing), it is a near-impossible task to win this show. Not totally impossible, though.

I'm rooting for Levrone big time for a litany of reasons. He's an older guy like myself, I know him and he's a very nice guy and he used to write for MuscleSport Magazine before going over to MD.
Come on Joe, we are not old!

I'm cheering for Kevin too. I tried to get him here for an interview but once you sign an md contract I think you are not allowed to post elsewhere... Sucks.

I don't think Kevin will get the top spot but I bet he will surprise some people this year.

Thanks for posting buddy!

111kg

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't know why people are saying that Phil has a shitty personality. It's not true. He just doesn't like to talk as much as Kai, for instance, and just because he may seem arrogant on stage, I don't think that people deserve to treat him this way.

Do you know who has a shitty personality? Lou Ferrigno, always charging fans to make a picture with him and acting like he's kind of a big deal.

As for Phil, he's more of the type who lets his actions speak on his behalf.

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
I don't know why people are saying that Phil has a shitty personality. It's not true. He just doesn't like to talk as much as Kai, for instance, and just because he may seem arrogant on stage, I don't think that people deserve to treat him this way.

Do you know who has a shitty personality? Lou Ferrigno, always charging fans to make a picture with him and acting like he's kind of a big deal.

Heath does appear to be a stuck up dick on social media and his knock on Arnold's legs made him look worse. He has done himself zero favors with those things. And I agree with you about Lou Ferrigno. He has earned his shitty personality and cheap reputation.

ArnoldS

ArnoldS

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Predictions?

Phil Heath is a hell of a bodybuilder but I do not know him personally.

Lou Ferigno is all about bilking his fans out of thier money when he should be thanking them.

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author

Come on Joe, we are not old!

I'm cheering for Kevin too. I tried to get him here for an interview but once you sign an md contract I think you are not allowed to post elsewhere... Sucks.

I don't think Kevin will get the top spot but I bet he will surprise some people this year.

Thanks for posting buddy!

Old is good when I see what these millennials are all about!

I think that Kevin may not be exclusive to MD right now. He did more stuff with dave at RX recently.

111kg

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I mean, he's really cool with people on Social Media and stuff, I don't see why so much hate. That's enough for me. And even if he was arrogant, he has quite a reason to be. Arnold was quite a douchebag in his prime, but he was helped by the politics of the Weider brothers. Please correct me if I am wrong.

underbody

underbody

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

I meet heath 3 times.
First time in Bologna ( nord italy ). First time in italy, in 2012. He was a guest star ( with toney freeman ) at trofeo due torri, big bodybuilding show. If you want a pic with mr o, u must pay! No thanks.

Second time i met him in madrid. He was walking on expo. My firend asked him a pic. He didn't. Then when my friend told again he did a very fast. In the same day i met jay cutler. He spend 1 hour for go to his stand... why? Because every fan stopped him for a pic and he told "of couse! :) " and he had a big smile. He is a big guy.

Third time i met him in germany for the fibo power. I waited him for 30 minutes. He was talking with a girl... and his fans.. was here waiting... no professional.

Heath did a interview to npcnewsonline a few month ago. Frank sape asked him why he didn't compete in Arnold classic in ohio after he won mr o. He told "no money as olympia". Ok he is a professional bodybuilder, and he makes money with pro shows but.. don't tell this thing to me... i've followed pro bodybuilder since 1995 and i never read this things about money. Shawn ray, jay cutler and more competed for victory and not for money.

Last edited:
Reactions: ArnoldS
Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
I mean, he's really cool with people on Social Media and stuff, I don't see why so much hate. That's enough for me. And even if he was arrogant, he has quite a reason to be. Arnold was quite a douchebag in his prime, but he was helped by the politics of the Weider brothers. Please correct me if I am wrong.
He's had many slip-ups on social media going back-and-forth with people (I'm one of them) that made him look petty and brattish. Yes, he has reason to be arrogant for the success on the stage, but he goes about it in a snide manner that turns people off. Arnold was as arrogant as they come, but always did it with a smile on his face. And I agree with you totally about the Weider protection. He was their golden boy.

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He's had many slip-ups on social media going back-and-forth with people (I'm one of them) that made him look petty and brattish. Yes, he has reason to be arrogant for the success on the stage, but he goes about it in a snide manner that turns people off. Arnold was as arrogant as they come, but always did it with a smile on his face. And I agree with you totally about the Weider protection. He was their golden boy.
I would love to see that exchange Joe! Post it!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
I would love to see that exchange Joe! Post it!

I have had a few with Heath. I did screenshot some of it and have to locate it. The last time, I reached out to him for his side of the 24 Hour Fitness incident when they wouldn't let him train there for one day even after he was with a member there and was willing to pay for it. He tweeted back something along the lines of, "Really? I thought y'all hated me." I responded saying that I (and MuscleSport Magazine) didn't hate him and that our criticizing him was just business.

Reactions: TalkAdmin and ArnoldS