• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Aussie-off Thread

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 15, 2006
Messages
3,370
Points
38
Further question on UB/LB, how do you factor in sumos? If I'm cycling squats and deadlifts then on lower day I'd do squats and SLDL, so on the second lower day I'd do conventional deads then sumos?

I started my routine yesterday, done clean and jerks with the olympic bar, 60kg for 5x5. Then done flat DB bench for 3x8 with the 80's and strapped 10kgs to me and done wide grip chins for 5 x 4. I'm likin this :borat:
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
I would do conventional deads, then cycle in Sumo deads every couple of weeks.

Maybe do Deads and GMs or osmething
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
Or use the conventional as a lead into sumos. Depends, if you are stronger on sumos do them once you reach your top set of conventional or vice versa.

The main way to structure any full body lift like deads, cleans, etc is to look at the weak link that gets a hammering. In this case it is the lower back (and hammys for me as my weakpoint, maybe glutes or grip or something else for you). So you treat the use of the lift according to the amount of work the limiter gets in any given microcyle/week.
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
Tim rhymes with rim.
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
Scanlon rhymes with "I'm going to take a shit on your face while you're sleeping" you know.
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
Scanlon rhymes with "I'm going to take a shit on your face while you're sleeping" you know.

Polke sounds like something your missus does to you with a strap-on :gaygay:
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
4,603
Points
63
after being called a fag for not training legs i did some bodyweight front squats on monday :spy:
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
You're still a fag, not that its a bad thing. :gaygay:
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
after being called a fag for not training legs i did some bodyweight front squats on monday :spy:

So when will you start doing them with some manly weight :rofl3:
 
Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
4,603
Points
63
^ even at my strongest i could only front squat 130kg for reps :S
95kg is a decent effort when i care not about leg strength.
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
Care about leg strength dammit! :shakefist:
It's the base for all of your other strength to develop from.
 
Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
4,603
Points
63
Care about leg strength dammit! :shakefist:
It's the base for all of your other strength to develop from.

big legs arnt practical for comfort of testicles and buying good pants.
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
Thats all good and true but heavy squatting sure gives you a great arse!
 
Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
4,603
Points
63
^ my legs are nearly 4 feet long ill never have a good arse from squats alone
 

Similar threads

P
Replies
0
Views
5K
Probuilder
P
Bodybuilding News
Replies
0
Views
2K
Bodybuilding News
Bodybuilding News
Top