• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Big Beef m4bteam transformation

Big Beef

Big Beef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Arms

Cardio: 10 mins elliptical 165 strides per min, 10 mins incline walk & 5 mins high knees.

Dumbbell concentration curls: 8 sets of 20 × 20, 30 × 15, 40 × 15, 50 × 12, 60 × 8, 60 × 8, 50 × 12, 50 × 12

Super set with

Single arm pressdown machine: 6 sets of 15, 12, 10, 10, 10, 10. Switched to both arms: 2 sets of 10

Preacher curl machine: 6 sets of 12, 10, 10, 10, 10, 5 drop set last set for 5 & than again for 8

Super set with

Ez grip pressdown: 7 sets of 20, 17, 15, 12, 12, 10, 10 drop set for 8 & than again for 8 more

Kept it basic & only did 2 exercises for both biceps & triceps. Just did more volume with each movement. Still working, so kind of rushing this post & hopefully I didn't leave something out. I will catch up on the other logs, as soon as I get out of here.

Big Beef

Big Beef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Since dropping the tren, my aggression is still way high & my strength is looking great, so the switch has went very smooth. I think the andarine is starting to kick in. I can tell an increase in how hot I feel too, but I would say that is probably mostly the fat burner doing that. Bp has been better as well, so obviously that's a big plus. I can't wait to hit shoulders & traps tomorrow! Might try 225 lbs on the seated barbell press... maybe! I think I'll do a few sets of abs, before I get my last meal in for the night. If I do, I will give an update.

Drealdeal

Drealdeal

MuscleMecca Sponsors
Sponsor
Seated barbell press is one of my fave exercises...225 is a very respectable weight IMO....getitbroooooo

Muscle mechanic

Muscle mechanic

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sponsor
Seated barbell press is one of my fave exercises...225 is a very respectable weight IMO....getitbroooooo
I do 4 plates on Smith.
Barbell would blow shoulders to stabilize since over 40.
Lol not me no more

Big Beef

Big Beef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I do 4 plates on Smith.
Lol not me no more

I understand bro. I'm not saying it's the smartest thing for me to do, with all the shoulder issues, but I still do em. I usually pay for it afterwards lol. I think a lot of it is mental, on my part. I have to load the smith down with so much more weight. Just doesn't seem the same on smith, but I'll get wise too... one day. I hammered my shoulders pretty hard today.

Drealdeal

Drealdeal

MuscleMecca Sponsors
Sponsor
I do 4 plates on Smith.
Lol not me no more

I understand bro. I'm not saying it's the smartest thing for me to do, with all the shoulder issues, but I still do em. I usually pay for it afterwards lol. I think a lot of it is mental, on my part. I have to load the smith down with so much more weight. Just doesn't seem the same on smith, but I'll get wise too... one day. I hammered my shoulders pretty hard today.
Nice work broski

Muscle mechanic

Muscle mechanic

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sponsor
I do 4 plates on Smith.
Lol not me no more

With my tears I had I don't push it anymore. Smith only is around 25lbs less weight.
My gym had cylinder slide Smith not with cable tension. It's dead weight.
I still do heavy standing barbell or on knees for shoulders.
But I found my shoulders respond better to Lower weight and working each point.
Front middle rear and always work traps with shoulders for me.
I hate to give myself any credit but everyone complements my shoulders. In real no photo my front delts really bulge out.
And I built them on high incline bench press and front raises.
But for me my shoulders respond to not making them pay.
The stabilization strain causes inflammation and high cortisol in that area it will eat away more muscle instead of building it.
I learned this thru trial and error and by how we respond to inflammation....

Just what I learned with myself.
And I wanna last and not become injured.

One other thing is the harder the contraction and more that muscle can contract per amount of time builds hard sense muscle that remains.

Just my take. And I see old guys the ones in better shape than me 60 or more.
I learned this from them. Once we build if we keep up it will stay

Big Beef

Big Beef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

I don't know why I didn't see this post before now. Anyway, thanks man. I'm pushing myself hard & I know a lot of it is because of where my lifts used to be. I like seated presses because they are more challenging & require better form than standing, as long as I don't get the chest involved.

Big Beef

Big Beef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
@ Mechanic, the smiths that I have used are no where near the same resitance as free weight, although I know it is much more than just weight, when it comes to bodybuilding. I would have to put 275 lbs on the smith to make it as hard as 225 lbs on free weight. Only one old school machine I used was as hard, if not harder than freee weight & it is gone now. I just have to give the smith a chance. I will one day.

Big Beef

Big Beef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It has been one a hell of a calorie burning day for me! Did some swimming & got in a shoulder & traps day as well. On top of that, I try not to put all my hot & steamy personal shit on here, but sex burns a ton of calories & my woman is very giving :-D

Shoulders & traps

Cardio: swam for a couple hours & than a couple hours later... 10 mins elliptical, 5 mins walk & 5 mins run at 5.5 mph.

Single arm reverse flyes: 6 sets of 20 × 20, 30 × 15, 40 × 12, 50 × 10, 55 × 8, 55 × 8

Seated barbell shoulder press: 6 sets of bar × 20, 95 × 15, 135 × 10, 185 × 5, 205 × 3, 135 × 12. I didn't go up to 225 like I wanted to. I was doing slow movement with perfect form, but still had a nasty pop on my left shoulder, so I figured I should wait until next time to do 225 or higher.

Single arm dumbbell upright row: 4 sets of 40 × 15, 50 × 12, 60 × 8, 70 × 8

Single arm side delt cable raises: 3 sets of 15, 10, 10

Barbell shrugs: 5 sets of 135 × 20, 225 × 15, 315 × 12, 315 × 12, 225 × 20

I should have done a little more side delt work, but I still felt like I had a great workout. Besides, side delts are hit on upright rows too. I might start hitting traps twice a week. I just really like big traps.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Muscle mechanic

Muscle mechanic

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sponsor
Lol, post above by dreal was what I agreed on respectable.
I was patting your back because it's respectable weight but also I still Gonna stay on u about your shoulder.
Last year i was in a bind and you weren't remember me shoulder issues.....

But I only like the dead weight Smith with around 25 lb difference.
The cable tension assisted or too easy to match and dont fall up and down with full force.

But be careful I am still scared, i am weighting 3 years as it takes for soft tissue tears to heal and collagen to mature
@ Mechanic, the smiths that I have used are no where near the same resitance as free weight, although I know it is much more than just weight, when it comes to bodybuilding. I would have to put 275 lbs on the smith to make it as hard as 225 lbs on free weight. Only one old school machine I used was as hard, if not harder than freee weight & it is gone now. I just have to give the smith a chance. I will one day.

Drealdeal

Drealdeal

MuscleMecca Sponsors
Sponsor

I don't know why I didn't see this post before now. Anyway, thanks man. I'm pushing myself hard & I know a lot of it is because of where my lifts used to be. I like seated presses because they are more challenging & require better form than standing, as long as I don't get the chest involved.
Same here plus I have back issues so it takes the lumbar out of the movement and it's all shoulder...so long as I don't put chest into it as well

Drealdeal

Drealdeal

MuscleMecca Sponsors
Sponsor
It has been one a hell of a calorie burning day for me! Did some swimming & got in a shoulder & traps day as well. On top of that, I try not to put all my hot & steamy personal shit on here, but sex burns a ton of calories & my woman is very giving :-D

Shoulders & traps

Cardio: swam for a couple hours & than a couple hours later... 10 mins elliptical, 5 mins walk & 5 mins run at 5.5 mph.

Single arm reverse flyes: 6 sets of 20 × 20, 30 × 15, 40 × 12, 50 × 10, 55 × 8, 55 × 8

Seated barbell shoulder press: 6 sets of bar × 20, 95 × 15, 135 × 10, 185 × 5, 205 × 3, 135 × 12. I didn't go up to 225 like I wanted to. I was doing slow movement with perfect form, but still had a nasty pop on my left shoulder, so I figured I should wait until next time to do 225 or higher.

I should have done a little more side delt work, but I still felt like I had a great workout. Besides, side delts are hit on upright rows too. I might start hitting traps twice a week. I just really like big traps.
Up eaaaarrrrrrly gettin after it!!!! Bro I sed it before I'll say it again! U are killin it inspiring

Muscle mechanic

Muscle mechanic

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sponsor
My front shoulders were built with high incline.
But I am just saying ways i use barbell as opposed to Smith.
All workouts posted I used seated whole round of this.
But I still use upper chest in seated.
I don't as much standing actually or in knees because I can get more under it.

But front of my shoulders love high incline bench press.

We all made different and have different centers if gravity. I have perfect posture.
But my post for most part was about not getting injured.
Remember I am older than u guys....

Same here plus I have back issues so it takes the lumbar out of the movement and it's all shoulder...so long as I don't put chest into it as well

Muscle mechanic

Muscle mechanic

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sponsor
He sure is

Shoulders & traps

Up eaaaarrrrrrly gettin after it!!!! Bro I sed it before I'll say it again! U are killin it inspiring

Big Beef

Big Beef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks Mechanic & Drealdeal. I appreciate the compliments. You all are kicking ass too! My weak point at the moment is my bf & has been from the beginning, so that is something I will keep working at. I feel good this morning & very motivated. Ready for some gym time.

Big Beef

Big Beef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Exactly! Standing or sitting, it is definitely one of those movements a person needs to really master the form, before going heavy. If I go to a gym that doesn't have an actual seated free weight barbell shoulder press, I move a seat under the squat rack & push off the safety bars on the rack. It is dead weight & tough like that, since the height is not exactly where I want it, so I might SLIGHTLY incorporate upper chest to get it off the bars, but than I straighten out & do my reps like that.

- - - Updated - - -

I know that might drive some fellas nuts when someone uses a squat rack for something besides squats, but I use what I got available to get shit done.

Muscle mechanic

Muscle mechanic

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sponsor

Exactly! Standing or sitting, it is definitely one of those movements a person needs to really master the form, before going heavy. If I go to a gym that doesn't have an actual seated free weight barbell shoulder press, I move a seat under the squat rack & push off the safety bars on the rack. It is dead weight & tough like that, since the height is not exactly where I want it, so I might SLIGHTLY incorporate upper chest to get it off the bars, but than I straighten out & do my reps like that.

- - - Updated - - -

I know that might drive some fellas nuts when someone uses a squat rack for something besides squats, but I use what I got available to get shit done.
Yes, some racks are slightly at an angle it helps some things but is harder on others.

I love the shoulder press seated back rest with duel side plate load. I can do most with these but in my chain most have the cable pin weight on machine press.
I just use pin type to warm up or for failure at end workout

Big Beef

Big Beef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
No workout today. Well, I am currently doing some abs at home, but no gym time. I did go fishing though & I was completely soaked with sweat when I left! Was a nice rain & breeze, but the sun came out & it got super humid! Had a good time with my woman twice today & the second time was kind of weird because the andarine vision sides kicked in... right in the middle of it! Lol I was looking around like "uhh...". Nothing to much though. Just a little yellowish-green tint. Still see everything clearly, just a little color difference. Diet wasn't the best today, but I still plan on posting it shortly.

Drealdeal

Drealdeal

MuscleMecca Sponsors
Sponsor
No workout today. Well, I am currently doing some abs at home, but no gym time. I did go fishing though & I was completely soaked with sweat when I left! Was a nice rain & breeze, but the sun came out & it got super humid! Had a good time with my woman twice today & the second time was kind of weird because the andarine vision sides kicked in... right in the middle of it! Lol I was looking around like "uhh...". Nothing to much though. Just a little yellowish-green tint. Still see everything clearly, just a little color difference. Diet wasn't the best today, but I still plan on posting it shortly.
Gotta live brotha I'm glad to hear your day was good!!