• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Big Boy Basics bodybuilding log

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Squat Training
Mesocycle 19 - Week 1
​

Beginning Thoughts:

Tonight's workout...​

Workout:

Front Squats:​
260 lbs x 2 reps @ 92.5%​
230 lbs x 5 reps x 3 sets @ 82.5%​
Decent...​
​
Grip Training:​
Walmart Gripper = 5 reps x 2 sets; Set 1 slowly (2 seconds per squeeze) and Set 2 done fast​
HG 150 = 2 reps x 2 sets​
CoC #1 = 1 rep x 3 sets - Quality Singles​
HG 150 = 8 reps​
Decent....still having a VERY hard time closing the CoC #1 but with Joe's instructions I will get there soon :)​
​
Metabolic Conditioning for 2 rounds:​
Kettlebell Swings = 45 lbs x 12 reps​
Russian Twists = 10 lbs x 8 reps​
Supine Glute Ham Raises = BW x 10 reps​
Swiss Ball Jackknife Pikes = BW x 8 reps​
Decent work..​

Videos:

Front Squats & Metabolic Conditioning:​
​


Overall Impression:

Tomorrow is a Press Day!!! :)​
 
Last edited by a moderator:
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
Nice fronties like always, consistency is the key, keep it up man
 
X

Xiva

Banned
Joined
Oct 13, 2009
Messages
824
Points
16
Awesome round champ, me like! Good fronties.
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Press Training
Mesocycle 19 - Week 1
​

Beginning Thoughts:

Just got back from the gym...​

Workout:

Pull-ups:​
BW x 11 reps​
BW x 11 reps​
BW x 9 reps​
BW x 7 reps​
Total = 38 reps​
​
Incline Close Grip Crazy Bell Bench Press:​
185 lbs x 4 reps x 3 sets​
​
Unilateral Overhead Press:​
65 lbs x 5 reps x 3 sets​
​
Skullcrushers / JM Presses:​
65 lbs x 6 reps x 3 sets​
​
Facepulls:​
80 lbs x 15 reps x 3 sets​
​
Pallof Press:​
32.5 lbs x 12 reps​
42.5 lbs x 12 reps​
47.5 lbs x 12 reps​

Videos:

Pull-ups, Incline Close Grip Crazy Bell Bench Press, Unilateral Overhead Press and Skullcrushers / JM Presses:​
​


Overall Impression:

Time to rest...​
 
Last edited by a moderator:
_ROBERTiNHO_

_ROBERTiNHO_

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 17, 2007
Messages
960
Points
16
Getting stronger at pullups, good work man.
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Solid session dude :)

Thanks, Mike! :)

Getting stronger at pullups, good work man.

Thanks.

My goal with Pull-ups has been twofold. On my back days, I want to do as heavy a weight as I can for 1-3 reps.

On my Press day I want to be able to do 40 pull-ups in 4 sets.

Earlier this year the goal was to do 30 reps in 3 sets. I got that. So now it is 40 reps in 4 sets. Once I get that it's gonna be 50 reps in 5 sets. If that is achieved I will try reducing the sets. 50 reps in 4 sets would be INSANE and I would consider even 50 in 3 to be incredible if I can get that far..
 
_ROBERTiNHO_

_ROBERTiNHO_

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 17, 2007
Messages
960
Points
16
Thanks, Mike! :)



Thanks.

My goal with Pull-ups has been twofold. On my back days, I want to do as heavy a weight as I can for 1-3 reps.

On my Press day I want to be able to do 40 pull-ups in 4 sets.

Earlier this year the goal was to do 30 reps in 3 sets. I got that. So now it is 40 reps in 4 sets. Once I get that it's gonna be 50 reps in 5 sets. If that is achieved I will try reducing the sets. 50 reps in 4 sets would be INSANE and I would consider even 50 in 3 to be incredible if I can get that far..

Very interesting way of progress. Thanks for sharing.
 
X

Xiva

Banned
Joined
Oct 13, 2009
Messages
824
Points
16
Thanks, Mike! :)



Thanks.

My goal with Pull-ups has been twofold. On my back days, I want to do as heavy a weight as I can for 1-3 reps.

On my Press day I want to be able to do 40 pull-ups in 4 sets.

Earlier this year the goal was to do 30 reps in 3 sets. I got that. So now it is 40 reps in 4 sets. Once I get that it's gonna be 50 reps in 5 sets. If that is achieved I will try reducing the sets. 50 reps in 4 sets would be INSANE and I would consider even 50 in 3 to be incredible if I can get that far..

I smell RE :)

Anyway i like that procession, i'm doing something simulair, i've been doing something simulair and it's working great!
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
For pullups I always aim for 50 reps but that usually takes me 7-8 sets. Doing 50 for 5 would have me over the moon!
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Hey guys....Got tied up in work and stuff. Will reply to your posts from above tomorrow afternoon. Sorry about that.
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Deadlift Training
Mesocycle 19 - Week 2
​

Beginning Thoughts:

Running on 3 hours of sleep....Needless to say, I wasn't at my 100%.​

Workout:

Deadlifts:​
455 lbs x 4 reps​
455 lbs x 3 reps​
I was supposed to do 4 sets of 4 reps with an average minimum of 440 lbs for this workout in order to increase density from last workout which was a wee bit too much to say the least. Given my shitty diet and terrible sleeping habits of the previous night, that was not going to happen. Being a stickler for details, I figured with the low motivation and focus I had after 455x3, that quitting was a better idea that Deadlifting with zero focus. Therefore, 455x3 was the last set of the day. ​
​
Hand Extensions:​
2 bands x 15 reps x 3 sets​

Videos:

Deadlifts:​
​

Overall Impression:

I wish I could catch up on sleep tonight but thats not going to happen. I gotta another big exam tomorrow. Today's Accounting Exam was pretty good.​
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Back Training
Mesocycle 19 - Week 2
​

Beginning Thoughts:

Worked out earlier today..​

Workout:

Weighted Pull-ups:​
BW + 20 lbs x 3 reps​
BW + 30 lbs x 3 reps​
BW + 30 lbs x 3 reps​
BW + 40 lbs x 3 reps​
BW + 35 lbs x 3 reps​
BW + 30 lbs x 3 reps​
Total = 18 reps​
​
Dumbbell Rows:​
110 lbs x 8 reps x 3 sets​
​
High Pulley Rows:​
150 lbs x 8 reps x 3 sets​
​
Weird Ab Exercise:​
BW x 8 reps x 2 sets​
BW x 7 reps​
​
Tricep Skullcrushers:​
65 lbs x 6 reps x 2 sets​
​
Hammer Curls:​
50 lbs x 6 reps x 2 sets​

Videos:

Weighted Pull-ups, Dumbbell Rows and Weird Ab Exercise:​
​

Overall Impression:

I am in the process of successfully catching up on my sleep. Another 10 hours tonight and I am GOOD TO GO!!! :)​
 
Last edited by a moderator:
X

Xiva

Banned
Joined
Oct 13, 2009
Messages
824
Points
16
Strong dude, good with 10 hours :)
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Full Body Training
Mesocycle 19 - Week 2
​

Beginning Thoughts:

Yesterday's workout...​

Workout:

Front Squats:​
265 lbs x 2 reps @ 95%​
240 lbs x 3 reps x 5 sets @ 85%​
​
Pull-ups:​
BW x 11 reps​
BW x 11 reps​
BW x 9 reps​
BW x 8 reps​
Total = 39 reps​
​
Unilateral Overhead Press:​
60 lbs x 5 reps​
65 lbs x 5 reps​
70 lbs x 5 reps​
75 lbs x 5 reps​
80 lbs x 2 reps​
​
Side Plank Rows:​
27.5 lbs x 30 seconds​
27.5 lbs x 30 seconds​
32.5 lbs x 30 seconds​

Videos:

Front Squats, Pull-ups and Unilateral Overhead Press:​
​

Overall Impression:

Diet has been decent. Time to maintain this good diet.​
 
Last edited by a moderator:
X

Xiva

Banned
Joined
Oct 13, 2009
Messages
824
Points
16
Solid session bro.

Front squats look really good, alot better than mine. But my Front squat is also bad :(
 
X

Xiva

Banned
Joined
Oct 13, 2009
Messages
824
Points
16
Ohh and btw, close to 40 pullups i see (Applaus)
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Solid session bro.

Front squats look really good, alot better than mine. But my Front squat is also bad :(

Thanks, man.

I've mentioned this to you before: you suffer from not having enough Hip Mobility. I've given you links and everything. You should REALLY look into this because ignoring this will hold you back.

Ohh and btw, close to 40 pullups i see (Applaus)

Thank you very much. I want 50 reps in 3 sets within the span of the next 2 years (yes, long term goal :p) :)
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
Good pullups numbers there for a solid looking bloke.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar threads

James Hollingshead Feed
Replies
0
Views
1K
James Hollingshead Feed
James Hollingshead Feed
James Hollingshead Feed
Replies
0
Views
942
James Hollingshead Feed
James Hollingshead Feed
James Hollingshead Feed
Replies
0
Views
2K
James Hollingshead Feed
James Hollingshead Feed
Top