• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Big Boy Basics bodybuilding log

Status
Not open for further replies.
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
Awesome front squat bro, the rest looks good 2!
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Hey man :)
I've been wondering if i should try some Ipren against my back "pain", but i heard that it should be negative for your hypertrofi. (Yes, it's scienced based) On the other hand, having some joints problem or irritation will also give you less hypertrofi, due to the the fact, that you cant really workout.

What's your opinion?
Normally, I'd buy anything from Puritan's Pride for such an issue but I recommend you to go to a doctor or to head over to the GUStrength forums and ask Eric himself for ideas. Him and Joe know a lot about this.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Deadlift Training
Mesocycle 20 - Week 4

Beginning Thoughts:

Was running on 4 hours of sleep. I had a miserable week. Tuesday was a massive Accounting exam. Wednesday was a 5 page paper on comparing Mary Daly and Stanley Hauerwas on a religious basis. Thursday (today) was me writing a 15 page report for my Business Capstone Seminar class. It was supposed to be a group project but you know it goes with groups...To top it off, I have a 4 page report on a historical review of King Louis XIV through Monsesquieu's "Persian Letters"...

So..running on 4 hours of sleep this is what went down:

Workout:

Deadlift Warm-up:
Mobility Drills
135 lbs x 7 reps
245 lbs x 5 reps
295 lbs x 5 reps
345 lbs x 3 reps
385 lbs x 2 reps
415 lbs x 2 reps

Deadlift Singles @ > 90% of 1RM:
455 lbs @ 96%
480 lbs @ 101%
500 lbs @ 105%
Summary:
Week 1 = 7 Singles = Average Weight @ 445.7 lbs
Week 2 = 5 Singles = Average Weight @ 459.0 lbs
Week 3 = 10 Singles = Average Weight @ 451.5 lbs
Week 4 = 3 Singles = Average Weight @ 476.7 lbs
Finally got 500 lbs!!! My friends rib on me calling me a "Jiggly". When you watch the 500 clip you guys will see why they call me that.....there is not one molecule (literally) of fat on my body which does not uncontrollably jiggle when I Deadlift this heavy!!! ahhaa...all in all I'm please with this workout. The last time I ran a 4 week singles cycle ended on December 18th. I set a new relative max on Deadlifts at the time of 475 lbs. So in roughly 4 months or 16 weeks I've gained 25 lbs. That roughly 1.5625 lbs per week. As always, major props to Eric Troy from Ground Up Strength for his guidance and help. The next goal for Deadlifts is to chase 525 lbs.

Pistol Squats:
3 + 5 = 8 reps
I need to do these more often because I've really lost practice.

Weird Ab Exercise:
BW x 5 reps x 2 sets

Cable Wood-Chops:
32.5 lbs x 12 reps x 3 sets

Hand Extensions:
2 bands x 20 reps x 3 sets

Videos:

Deadlifts, Pistol Squats and Core Training:


Overall Impression:

I hope everyone's had a good week.

Thanks for reading and I hope y'all have a great Friday!! :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
jonathan

jonathan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
1,134
Points
36
haha congratulations mate, I am happy for you. Have a nice weekend.
 
PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 9, 2008
Messages
607
Points
18
Dude, your deadlifts and front squats are no joke!! Awesome progression on both lifts. 315 on front squats and 500 on Deadlift are great numbers. Do you compete in powerlifting, bodybuilding, or do you just like being a beast in the gym??
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Dude, your deadlifts and front squats are no joke!! Awesome progression on both lifts. 315 on front squats and 500 on Deadlift are great numbers. Do you compete in powerlifting, bodybuilding, or do you just like being a beast in the gym??
I used to be very inclined to do Powerlifting but I absolutely detest back squats and bench press.

So, my Big 3 lifts are:
1.) Deadlifts
2.) Strict Standing Barbell Overhead Press
3.) Front Squats

:)

I am not sexy enough to compete in bodybuilding and currently have no desire to do so.

I am just a recreational strength trainee. I've been lifting in this manner for the last 20 months (thats what "Mesocycle" means in my training update) and I've gone from Deadlifting 275 to 500 in that time.

Thanks for dropping by. I hope to see you in here more often! :)
 
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
Very nice deads man, congrats on that awesome pr! 500 is no jk!
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
X

Xiva

Banned
Joined
Oct 13, 2009
Messages
824
Points
16
Hey Anuj!

I just want to congratz you, with you new record. 500 LBS is really impressive, and not something everybody just do. Thumps up for me, keep it up!

Your form looks very tight. Specially @ 2x415, you really show how a good DL should look like :)

Your overall strengt is good. Your deadlift and front squat are really impressive. I'm sure your presses would be better, if it was not for that damn shoulder!

Anyway, congratz with your lift. You worked hard for it and deserve the outcome :)

//Mike

I'm gonna send you a PM later today.. just a heads up :D
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Hey Anuj!

I just want to congratz you, with you new record. 500 LBS is really impressive, and not something everybody just do. Thumps up for me, keep it up!

Your form looks very tight. Specially @ 2x415, you really show how a good DL should look like :)

Your overall strengt is good. Your deadlift and front squat are really impressive. I'm sure your presses would be better, if it was not for that damn shoulder!

Anyway, congratz with your lift. You worked hard for it and deserve the outcome :)

//Mike

I'm gonna send you a PM later today.. just a heads up :D
Thank you for the kind words. Much appreciated, Mike. Really.

Feel free to shoot me the pm whenever you get the time. I'll reply as promptly as I can :)

Thanks, again, bro. Means a lot to me!
 
_ROBERTiNHO_

_ROBERTiNHO_

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 17, 2007
Messages
960
Points
16
And there is the 500! Congratulations man, you deserved it, you've been putting a lot of effort on it. Great mark!
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
And there is the 500! Congratulations man, you deserved it, you've been putting a lot of effort on it. Great mark!
Thank you, sir. Much appreciated!
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Back Training
Mesocycle 20 - Week 4
​

Beginning Thoughts:

Yesterday's workout...​

Workout:

BodyWeight Pull-ups:​
BW x 15 reps​
BW x 11 reps​
BW x 11 reps​
BW x 9 reps​
Total = 46 reps​
It's been 3 weeks since I last did these. I beat my previous numbers by 2 reps but I think my goal to reach 50 reps in 4 sets may not happen for a while..​
​
Weighted Pull-ups:​
BW + 20 lbs x 2 reps​
BW + 30 lbs x 2 reps​
BW + 50 lbs x 1 rep​
BW + 20 lbs x 4 reps​
Total = 9 reps​
Tiring....​
​
Cable Rows:​
180 lbs x 10 reps x 3 sets​
​
Russian Twists:​
25 lbs x 6 reps x 4 sets​
​
Facepulls:​
90 lbs x 15 reps​
110 lbs x 12 reps​

Videos:

BodyWeight Pull-ups, Weighted Pull-ups, Russian Twists and Facepulls:​
​

Overall Impression:

Tiring workout....Doing 2 variations of pull-ups pretty much torched my back.​
​
In other news: I saw Death at a Funeral last night. I haven't seen the British Version but the new movie was pretty funny. I liked it.​
​
Hope everyone's having a good weekend! :)​
 
Last edited by a moderator:
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
Nice pullups man!
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
Nice deadlift milestone dude. I like the "I just dominated that shit" pause at the top of the lift.
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Nice deadlift milestone dude. I like the "I just dominated that shit" pause at the top of the lift.
ahhahaha....Would you believe me if I said that was a "oh shit is this really happening???" pause?? ;)
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
^Whatever, you made it look good.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar threads

James Hollingshead Feed
Replies
0
Views
1K
James Hollingshead Feed
James Hollingshead Feed
James Hollingshead Feed
Replies
0
Views
942
James Hollingshead Feed
James Hollingshead Feed
James Hollingshead Feed
Replies
0
Views
2K
James Hollingshead Feed
James Hollingshead Feed
Top