• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Big Boy Basics bodybuilding log

Status
Not open for further replies.
_ROBERTiNHO_

_ROBERTiNHO_

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 17, 2007
Messages
960
Points
16
Just outstanding!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
Nice deads man!
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
Solid deads mate.
 
X

Xiva

Banned
Joined
Oct 13, 2009
Messages
824
Points
16
Solid deadlifts! Just saw your movie!

500x1 again, impressive Anuj!

What's the name of that song! Gimmi! ;)
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Solid deadlifts! Just saw your movie!

500x1 again, impressive Anuj!

What's the name of that song! Gimmi! ;)
thanks a lot, mike!

the song is something by Breaking Benjamin...something along the lines of "I will not bow" or so... :)
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Deadlift Training
Mesocycle 21 - Week 4
​

Beginning Thoughts:

So I have missed like 3 workouts from last week. I was neck deep in final exams till Tuesday and the last few days have been some intense partying because of graduation which is on Saturday.​
​
I am not sure how my training is going to be for the next 7 days....I hope I manage to get atleast 1-2 workouts in but right now I cannot guarantee even one. Saturday is graduation and Sunday is the day to checkout of dorms so I can't workout on either day. As for tomorrow...well, that can happen. Friday is a no no because of lunches/dinners I have to attend.​

Workout:

Deadlift Warm-up:​
Mobility Drills​
135 lbs x 7 reps​
245 lbs x 7 reps​
295 lbs x 4 reps​
345 lbs x 3 reps​
385 lbs x 2 reps​
​
Deadlifts:​
415 lbs x 2 reps​
455 lbs x 2 reps​
500 lbs x 1 rep​
I wanted to hit 500 one more time before graduation. Done. I'm happy.​
​
Pistol Squats:​
Skipped​
​
Weird Ab Exercise:​
BW x 8 reps x 3 sets​
​
Hand Extensions:​
2 bands x 20 reps x 3 sets​

Videos:

Deadlifts:​
​

Overall Impression:

Decent workout....Deadlift form has improved a HELL of a lot since the last time I attempted 500. I'm glad I got the lift.​
 
Last edited by a moderator:
jonathan

jonathan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
1,134
Points
36
congratulations with you graduation AND your deadlift :)
 
X

Xiva

Banned
Joined
Oct 13, 2009
Messages
824
Points
16
I said CG with your Deadlift allready!

Now: Congratz with your graduation champ!
 
_ROBERTiNHO_

_ROBERTiNHO_

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 17, 2007
Messages
960
Points
16
Great deadlift man! Lots of power off the floor!

Congratulations on your graduation too!
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Thanks a lot, guys. Much appreciated. I don't want to graduate though....I love being in school :D
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Deadlift Training
Mesocycle 22 - Week 1
​

Beginning Thoughts:

I signed up at this fancy new gym called True Fitness because I desperately needed round 45 lbs plates to do Deadlifts. My old gym doesn't have an oly bar - it has a thinner bar which weighs 25 lbs and has no grooves which also makes gripping the bar an issue. In addition to this all the plates in my old gym are triangular in shaped which is a royal pain in the ass because they put the bar at a lower position than a regular round plate. So I am kinda doing Deficit Deadlifts without wanting to. So, I went to this new establishment and asked them a whole bunch of questions from:

Do you have many 45 lbs Plates?

Do you allow Deadlifting?

Can I video record all of my lifts?

The manager said yes to everything. So I figured what the hell....in this country there are hardly any gyms which have power cages and fewer gyms which have so many 45 lbs plates. So I paid the $600 membership fee and signed up for the year.​

Workout:

Deadlift Warm-up:
Mobility Drills
135 lbs x 7 reps
245 lbs x 7 reps
295 lbs x 4 reps
345 lbs x 3 reps
385 lbs x 3 reps

Deadlifts:
Got kicked out of the gym.
​

Videos:

Nothing​

Overall Impression:

So I do all my warm-ups for Deadlifts and I load 415 on the bar. I stand back and try to screw my camera onto my tripod and the owner of the gym comes up to me and asks me if he can be of help. I tell him that I'm fine. LOL.

He then proceeds to tell me that I am not allowed to firstly Deadlift in this one-of-a-kind gym and that I cannot record my video because of their "elite clientele" (because after all $600 per year is nothing to sneeze at). So I explained to the bloke that I had asked these specific questions before signing up and only signed up on the condition that my conditions would be met. He argues with me so I request my money back.

He hands over the money. I start walking out the door. He and his trainers stop me and ask me to unload the bar (415 lbs). I told them to fuck themselves and I walked off.

This makes me rage like none other.

I need to find a gym in a country in which nobody does the kind of shit that I do which has (1) a powercage and (2) more than 5 round 45 lbs plates. Fucking miserable.

I really wish I had a lot of money. I'd replicate my gym at Trinity University in a heartbeat.​
 
X

Xiva

Banned
Joined
Oct 13, 2009
Messages
824
Points
16
Jeez dude, i would be so pissed. You even asked them at first :S

What other oppertunities do you have now?
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Jeez dude, i would be so pissed. You even asked them at first :S

What other oppertunities do you have now?
Exactly. I asked them everything and only signed up on those conditions.

Right now I have the option to firstly continue using my old gym membership with the triangular plates which is a set-back but not quite as bad as not being able to Deadlift period and the second option on the table is to set up a home gym but I don't have any good suppliers of equipment in India to help me. Fucking frustrating to say the LEAST.
 
_ROBERTiNHO_

_ROBERTiNHO_

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 17, 2007
Messages
960
Points
16
Fucking frustrating man. That's why I have a couple of plates and a bar in my bedroom. Just in case:D
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Back Training
Mesocycle 22 - Week 1
​

Beginning Thoughts:

I am trying to find places online to buy plates. I think that is what I am going to have to resort to. I need to buy an Oly bar, a bunch of plates and adjustable dumbbells. I may not be able to come up with a complete home gym but right now I need to be able to do Deadlifts in peace and if it means buying a whole bunch of plates, then do be it.​

Workout:

Weighted Pull-ups:​
BW + 20 lbs x 3 reps​
BW + 30 lbs x 3 reps​
BW + 40 lbs x 4 reps​
BW + 50 lbs x 3 reps​
​
Chest Supported Rows:​
160 lbs x 4 reps​
180 lbs x 4 reps​
200 lbs x 2 reps​
180 lbs x 3 reps​
​
V-Bar High Cable Rows:​
70 kgs x 10 reps​
75 kgs x 10 reps​
80 kgs x 10 reps​
70 kgs x 12 reps​
​
Hammer Curls:​
20 kgs x 6 reps x 2 sets​
​
Russian Twists:​
45 lbs x 6 reps​
45 lbs x 10 reps​
45 lbs x 12 reps​
​
Facepulls:​
45 kgs x 15 reps x 2 sets​
​
Rope Chin-ups:​
BW x 5 reps x 2 sets​

Videos:

Pull-ups and Rows:​
​

Overall Impression:

Decent session.​
​
I am gonna go to a couple of fitness stores and see if they have oly bars and plates to sell.​
​
If anybody knows any cheap place online like a discount store or something, please do give me links. I am serious about buying these plates and bars. Thanks!​
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Squat Training
Mesocycle 22 - Week 1
​

Beginning Thoughts:

This is yesterday's workout. I felt pretty decent going into it.​

Workout:

Overhead Squats:​
135 lbs x 5 reps​
145 lbs x 3 reps​
155 lbs x 1 rep​
The set with 145 lbs because a rest paused set lol. I leaned too far forward on the 2nd rep and the bar crashed into the safety bars. So I had to reset it and do the last 2 reps separately. I'll get better as I do this more often. ​
​
Front Squats:​
205 lbs x 5 reps​
235 lbs x 4 reps​
255 lbs x 3 reps​
275 lbs x 2 reps​
This was really good.​
​
Back Squats:​
275 lbs x 5 reps​
295 lbs x 3 reps​
315 lbs x 2 reps​
I still hate back squats but they felt good.​
​
Anderson Half Squats:​
315 lbs x 5 reps​
345 lbs x 3 reps​
345 lbs x 3 reps​
​
Swiss Ball Jackknife Pikes:​
BW x 8 reps x 4 sets​

Videos:

Everything:​
​

Overall Impression:

Today (Sunday) is going to be a rest day. I am sore as hell from this workout and I am glad to be taking an off. If I didn't mention this earlier, I am on a new layout:​
​
Day 1: Deadlift Training - Basically doing Deadlifts, Pistol Squats and Core Training​
​
Day 2: Off​
​
Day 3: Back Training - Weighted Pull-ups, Chest Supported Rows (till I get adjustable dumbbell handles made for me), High Cable Rows, Facepulls, etc etc​
​
Day 4: Squat Training - 4 different Squat variations plus some Core Training​
​
Day 5: Off/Grip Training every other week - just gripper action​
​
Day 6: Press Training - heavy OHPs and Pull-ups (bodyweight only), supplementary lifts, etc​
​
Day 7: Off​
​
Day 8: Off​
​
Day 9: Repeat​
​
So this is how my training is going to look from here on out.​
​
I hope everyone's having a good week. I went and saw Shrek 3D. It was pretty good.​
​
Thanks for reading! :)​
 
Last edited by a moderator:
jonathan

jonathan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
1,134
Points
36
nice workout :)
 
X

Xiva

Banned
Joined
Oct 13, 2009
Messages
824
Points
16
Your OH squats, really look great imo!

So does your FSQ :)

GOOD JOB!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar threads

James Hollingshead Feed
Replies
0
Views
1K
James Hollingshead Feed
James Hollingshead Feed
James Hollingshead Feed
Replies
0
Views
942
James Hollingshead Feed
James Hollingshead Feed
James Hollingshead Feed
Replies
0
Views
2K
James Hollingshead Feed
James Hollingshead Feed
Top