• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Branch Warren 2nd place

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Joined
Jul 11, 2006
Messages
6,255
Points
38
From stories, seeing him with his fans, and seeing him at the Arnold...seems like a dick.
Still seems like you're trying to build a house from straw here.
 
Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
4,295
Points
38
Still seems like you're trying to build a house from straw here.
Saying "I can't stand Dex" was not really accurate, I didn't describe my personal feelings that well. It would be better said as "if he is the person many people say he is, then I don't care for him."
 
medicineman

medicineman

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2007
Messages
98
Points
18
some of you fools are funny hatin on branch. must say im a huge phil heath fan, but your guys minds are all clouded by all the hype. branch looked fucking sick as hell...back improved and arms bigger, super conditioned. i think he deserved it. kai, phil in better shape...totally different story. anyways, branch deserved 2nd. shit dex doesnt even have any fucking calves....not a complete bodybuilder, PERIOD.
 
Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Nov 28, 2006
Messages
1,735
Points
38
Saying "I can't stand Dex" was not really accurate, I didn't describe my personal feelings that well. It would be better said as "if he is the person many people say he is, then I don't care for him."

Same here. Everyone that I know that have met him (only 4 guys) said he isn't nearly as nice as the other pro's that give the fans time of day to answer questions and pose for pictures.
 
medicineman

medicineman

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2007
Messages
98
Points
18
No calves vs no back and bis... well judged.

uyou guys are trippin saying branch has no back and bis.i mean, are you serious. you must be fuckin blind.
 
Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
4,295
Points
38
uyou guys are trippin saying branch has no back and bis.i mean, are you serious. you must be fuckin blind.
Compared to the rest of his body, they're not good.

I'm not hating on Branch, I was hating on the judges. But, after seeing the score cards and pictures, I think the judging was fair.
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 9, 2007
Messages
2,658
Points
36
Dex is a dick and has an arrogance about him...that's from meeting him in person at the ASC and just seeing the way he acted around fans etc....that being said he is one of the most consistent bodybuilders on the circuit today. Never been a fan of his physique but that's just personal preference. Can't deny the guy comes in shape.
 
sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
4,013
Points
38
I just think although he is obviously in shape, he looks smooth to me when he hits poses like these:

w15j46-1.jpg


4kgs5f-1.jpg


2ug2rky-1.jpg


k1cei8-1.jpg


206j8fa-1.jpg
 
Iceman1981

Iceman1981

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 24, 2006
Messages
4,078
Points
138
I'm not hating on Branch, he stepped it up big time this year. I'm pissed at the judges for giving a guy with a wider waist, weak arms, weak back 2nd place over a guy (Dexter) that beats him in all of those areas and more.

For the next year Branch is going to act like he is the 2nd best bodybuilder in the world, LOL which he is not.
 
SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
3,324
Points
63
I think he deserved it, he was at his all time best.. hands down..

_H4X4163_ZNGTCQTKCX-1.jpg

_H4X4145_NTOWYDUHJL-1.jpg

_H4X4147_CNDSEEJRKM-1.jpg

_H4X4157_ARWCYULGPK-1.jpg

_H4X4114_NQCXFGDMBB-1.jpg

_H4X4121_CIVFSMQBJY-1.jpg
 
SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
3,324
Points
63
anyone else notice how much his front double bicep has improved? its like night and day!!

08 Arnold

_47I1688-1.jpg


09 Olympia

_H4X4077_KSUPLCBQXK-1.jpg
 
P

Pain

............
VIP
Joined
Jun 27, 2006
Messages
7,540
Points
63
Those pics tell a different story. He was on.
 
SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
3,324
Points
63
Those pics tell a different story. He was on.

definitely.. i think this was well deserved for Branch, whatever he did differently for this prep he needs to keep doing it, unless its something that will harm his health..
 
Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 9, 2007
Messages
2,658
Points
36
Ya when he walked out friday night he looked unreal...had that grainy, dry look. He still needs to work on the back but he was in the shape of his life and you gotta be happy for a guy like Branch who pretty much came out of left field in this show
 
sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
4,013
Points
38
I think his back double bi will also look better if he pulls his elbows back a bit.
 
SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
3,324
Points
63
I think his back double bi will also look better if he pulls his elbows back a bit.

possibly, i think he struggles with some poses due to his injury, i think last year at the Arnold he had to keeps his elbows down a bit in his front double bicep, maybe im wrong but his poses seem to differ a bit all the time.. this year he hit everything almost dead nuts.
 

Similar threads

Labrada Nutrition
Replies
0
Views
214
Labrada Nutrition
Labrada Nutrition
Labrada Nutrition
Replies
0
Views
203
Labrada Nutrition
Labrada Nutrition
MuscleMecca Crew
Replies
1
Views
2K
Jason_ke
Jason_ke
Top