• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Bulkboys Log!!!

chadcruz

chadcruz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 29, 2006
Messages
630
Points
18
5/3/1: Week 4: Day 1: Military press:

MP:

1 warmup set

32,5kgx5
40kgx5
50kgx5

Pullups:

mex10
mex10
mex10

Close grip bench:

1 warmup set

100kgx8
100kgx8

Pushdowns:

35kgx14

that was it, easy deload session.

did cardio in the end, HIIT. 1 minute running, 1 minute walking. repeated 4 times for a total of 10 minutes.

Nice set bro. I like the military presses before the pull ups.

One question regarding your cardio...1 minute running 1 minute walking repeated 4 times = 10 mins? Not sure how that adds up?
 
M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 15, 2006
Messages
6,427
Points
63
I have a doubt: it's easy to keep concentration in your "deload" sessions? I mean, when you are busting your ass you need to be focused or the bar will fall in your chest but when you lift lighter than the heavy days... don't you fall asleep? :D:D:D:D
 
Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 22, 2006
Messages
4,193
Points
36
IH: thanks mate:2: well this whole week is deload week. so u wont be seing heavier sessions in awhile:)

Chadcruz: hey man, yeah i ran for 2 minutes at the end at alittle lower speed. forgot to add that.

mvsf1: nah, that aint a problem really. offc its kinda boring not to lift heavy, but i know its good for me, so i focus on making the best of the deload sessions awell:)

ok here is todays deload session:2:


5/3/1: cycle 1: Week 4: Day 2: Deadlifts:

Deadlifts:

1 warmup set

72,5kgx5
90kgx5
110kgx5

Barbell shrugs:

152,5kgx12
152,5kgx12

Good mornings:

1 warmup set

90kgx8
90kgx8

Db lateral raises:

20kgx16
20kgx16(bent over)

in the end i did some grip work, pinch grip plate holds and farmers walk:)
 
Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Joined
Jun 18, 2007
Messages
3,384
Points
38
Nice deload sessions mate. How's the grip coming up for you?
 
Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 22, 2006
Messages
4,193
Points
36
Nice deload sessions mate. How's the grip coming up for you?

thanks lance:2: grip is coming along quite nicely. obviously its not at the point where i can deadlift as much as i could with straps. but it is improving:)
 
co05

co05

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2008
Messages
302
Points
16
You pull pretty good weight on your deload :borat:
 
Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 22, 2006
Messages
4,193
Points
36
thanks guys, and mvsf1, i keep the weight the same on my assistace work, i just reduce the volume during my deload. i only take weight off my main lifts:)

Todays deload session

5/3/1: Cycle 1: Week 4: Day 3: Bench press:

Bench press:

1 warmup set

50kgx5
60kgx5
72,5kgx5

High incline smith press: (60 degree)

77,5kgx10
77,5kgx10

Pushups: (30 seconds after the last set of inclines)

mex30

Pullups:

mex10 overhand
mex10 overhand
mex10 underhand

Barbell rows:

110kgx7
110kgx6

Hammer machine rows:

155kgx10
155kgx9

seated Incline db curls:

17,5kgx11
17,5kgx9 ill never do any other bicep exercise ever again, this one feels that good.

thats it, easy little session. took me about 45 mins. last deload session tomorrow, and then 4 days off before starting the next cycle.
 
ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 1, 2006
Messages
2,066
Points
38
gonna be exciting to follow your log forward to see how this new program is going to work out. looking forward to the next cycle. and thats some pretty good rows for a deload session.
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Joined
Jun 18, 2007
Messages
3,384
Points
38
Yeh those rows are heavy for a deload session. But arn't you keeping the assistance the same, just reducing weight on major lefts? Looking forward to your next cycle lad.
 
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
Nice deload sessions man, hit it hard :headbang:
 
Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 22, 2006
Messages
4,193
Points
36
thanks guys, last deload session today:2:

Front squats:

1 warmup set

52.5kgx5
65kgx5
77.5kgx5

Olympic squats: (narrow, feet pointing forward)

1 warmup set

140kgx11
140kgx7
80kgx20

Lying leg curls:

45kgx8
45kgx8
45kgx8

Standing calf raises ss with seated calf raises with a db:

205kgx25-->30kgx40
205kgx23-->30kgx35

situps:

mex75
mex50

thats it:2:

and a leg pic in the end, since its my last session for afew days:2:
 
Anabolicus

Anabolicus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 24, 2007
Messages
1,244
Points
38
I see that you are using different assistance work from that was in the 5/3/1 thread Freako made. Is it ok to use assistance exercies that suit the best for an individual?

Oh and btw, huge quats mate!
 
Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 22, 2006
Messages
4,193
Points
36
I see that you are using different assistance work from that was in the 5/3/1 thread Freako made. Is it ok to use assistance exercies that suit the best for an individual?

Oh and btw, huge quats mate!


well wendler says u should do 10 sets of whatever exercises u like, its just assistance as he says. offc, u shouldnt do crappy movements that dont do much. for instance, ive scrapped alot of movements i used to do, like pulldowns, almost all curls etc. but ye, i think u should go with the exercises u feel gives u the most bang for ur bucks so to speak:) just dont push the assistance too far, u know, dont destroy urself by going to failure etc. focus on ur main lift where u want to bring up strenght.
 
Anabolicus

Anabolicus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 24, 2007
Messages
1,244
Points
38
well wendler says u should do 10 sets of whatever exercises u like, its just assistance as he says. offc, u shouldnt do crappy movements that dont do much. for instance, ive scrapped alot of movements i used to do, like pulldowns, almost all curls etc. but ye, i think u should go with the exercises u feel gives u the most bang for ur bucks so to speak:) just dont push the assistance too far, u know, dont destroy urself by going to failure etc. focus on ur main lift where u want to bring up strenght.

Thanks man. I've been following UB/LB split for about 8 months now. I feel that i need something new so I thought about doing the famous 5/3/1. Right now doing research and setting up a suitable assistance movements. Prolly gonna start the program in the beginning of september.
 
Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 22, 2006
Messages
4,193
Points
36
Thanks man. I've been following UB/LB split for about 8 months now. I feel that i need something new so I thought about doing the famous 5/3/1. Right now doing research and setting up a suitable assistance movements. Prolly gonna start the program in the beginning of september.

np bro:2:

ye, i was on a upper/lower split for ages myself, like 5 months straight, with no deloading or rest during that whole time, needless to say i burned out in the end:49:

ye definetely give 5/3/1 a try mate, so far i love it. its just back to the basics and simplicity, which is what i needed. keep checking in mate:tiphat:
 
M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 15, 2006
Messages
6,427
Points
63
Why in hell do you have ballons inside your legs? LOL, I'm shocked, really shocked.
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
Fucking hell, those quads look unreal.
 
Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Joined
Jun 18, 2007
Messages
3,384
Points
38
All I have to say to that pic is....

SWOLE!
]
 
Top