• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

dilatedmuscle's Road to Somewhere

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Can't believe you have a workout for just arms. I think it would be better if you cut the volume and add them to another day.

Heavy db curls anyway fella :smile:

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
I split it for years but i really couldnt do it well anymore, I would be really tired and my arm workout would be half assed. You're right it was a lot of volume but i do only around 3 exercises for bi's and 3 for tri's and the first 2 or 3 sets of each exercise is more of a warm up. I dont do arms every week, maybe every 2 weeks but i try to do triceps every 5 days.

_ROBERTiNHO_

_ROBERTiNHO_

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Great back session! You can't go wrong with pullups, db rows and, obviously, deads.

One day just for arms it's fine for me, if you wanna emphasized them I think it's great.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
I used to do Back and bi's, chest and tri's but i just cant do bi's after back since i've been doing a lot of deadlifts and rows. I used to use machine a lot for back so it was much easier to do bi's but with free-weights, my grip and forearms are shot and my hands hurt, not to mention im exhausted lol. I still do tri's after chest, sometimes during shoulders when im not training chest and during an arm day aswell....

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Hey guys here are some pics i took of my legs and a couple of poses a few minutes ago, no pump.

Picture0028-1.jpg

Picture0029-1.jpg

Picture0030-1.jpg

Picture0034-1.jpg

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Picture0037-1.jpg

Picture0039-1.jpg

Picture0042-1.jpg

Picture0045-1.jpg

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
This one is from a few weeks ago. I had a bit of a pump going on this one, it was about 35-45 minutes after training chest and a bit of arms . When i ge a really big pump on my arms and its fresh, my arms are like 2 inches bigger. My body flattens out really easily so pumps make a big difference going from flat to really full coz of a pump. I wasnt that pumped in this pic but still had a bit of a pump going.

Attachments

• IMG00053-20100723-1858.jpg
    IMG00053-20100723-1858.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
very classy leaving ur socks on for the poses. look foward to seeing improvements buddy

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
I leave them on durring sex as well just for teh lulz

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
btw back looked great and is obviously a strogn point

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
legs look thick as hell man and your back is just amazing

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Thanks Max and Pickle.

My lower back is my strong point. My upper back is weak, im bringing it up slowly but srurely, when i wear a t-shirt you cant tell i have a big back :( .. I also have weak shoulders so you cant tell i workout LOL.

My legs have improved a lot these last few months because of squats! Im gonna keep hitting them. Its a bit easier now because even when im short on time, i atleast do squats before i head out to work (fitcamp). I need to do more hamstring work though, i like doing hamstrings with back but i forgot last time lol.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Legs are looking thick dilated. And yes I agree your back seems to be your strong point. Just keep hitting those chins and you'll improve your upper back.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Lookin big man, good leg size! keep up the good work man!

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Thanks for the comments, guys.

Legs

I warmed up with a super set of extentions, lying leg curls and stretching. Kept it light.

Working Sets
Squats

75lbs x15 - superset with front squats
95lbs x10 - super set with front squats
135lbs x10
205lbs x8
275lbs x6 - not atg
225lbs x6
225lbs x6
225lbs x8
225lbs x10

Stiff Legged Deadlift, didnt lock out, just went a few inches above the knee and back down, really feel the tension on my hamstrings like that.
95lbs x15
135lbs x15
185lbs x10 x3

I did a circuit of Lying Leg Curls, Leg Extentions, and Plate Loaded Seated Calf Raise. I did 5 sets of each, reps varied between 6 and 10. I went heavier on leg extentions and leg curls then i've ever gone and it felt good, Definitely adding strength and size on my legs not to mention my stamina.

injury :(
After i finished my workout, i went to unload the calf raise machine and i tweaked my middle trap and pulled it or something, it freakin hurts. Im sure its not a tear but it hurts pretty bad at times. I've had a similar injury in the past but it hurt much more this time. Sometimes i dont feel it but other times moving a certain way causes some pain.

I did some high intensity cardio and calisthenics about 40 minutes after my workout.

Off-Topic: im listening to MD Radio and there was an ad that had a soundbite of what sounded like dorian yates training in Blood & Guts. The announcer started talking about some pre workout supplement for pumps and at the very end of ad he said "TASTES LIKE SHIT! BUT IT WORKS!!!" LOL.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Didnt go to the gym today but i benched in my back yard.

Chest

Warmed up with some rotator cuff exercises, shoulder warm-ups, chest stretching and benching with very light weight, a bit of close grip as well.

Working Sets

Bench
115lbs x12
155lbs x10
205lbs x4
205lbs x5
205lbs x5
205lbs x5
135lbs x6

I did some push ups and tricep dips here and there... Havent been doing much chest at all these last couple of months since i been focusing on back, legs and shoulders. I was a bit weak but its all good, it felt like a good workout.

_ROBERTiNHO_

_ROBERTiNHO_

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good workouts mate! Nice back, lots of thickness.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Thanks Rob, i hope i'll be somewhere near as lean as you someday!

_ROBERTiNHO_

_ROBERTiNHO_

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks Rob, i hope i'll be somewhere near as lean as you someday!

I wasn't this lean until last year, cause I didn't have time to lunch, just a quick meal, so I dropped from 10% to 6, 7%.