• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

El Freako: Staying North of Vag

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Congratulations on winning the competition Freako!

It was great to see another user here compete. Makes me wanna train harder. GREAT job on the deads, good squats and benches. Didn't notice I notice you lifted raw. Ever thought about what you might be able to do with a squat suite and bench shirt on? You already have some great numbers, might be able to tack on another 80 kilos or so with gear, mayhaps? Curious what you think about that. What kinda lifting feds are in your area? Thinking about doing full meet somewhere? You should!

Damn good lifting.

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
I agree, Freako should be competing more often and more..."seriously".
Oh, and IMO while geared lifts are ****ing impressive and I have all the respect in the world for geared lifters RAW is the epitome of strength awesomeness.

(strongman is cool too).

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
5/3/1: cycle 1, week 1
Bench Press
5 x 90kg
5 x 100kg
7 x 115kg
Unfortunately my reps are being limited by my need to keep my form tight for shoulder stability.

Superset
Dips
80 reps
-ss-
Pullups
+70 reps
I'm sticking to dips for assistance work for a while, its a movement I can rep out without shoulder trouble.

Suspended Prone Tri Extension
3 sets

YTWL Complex
2 x 10 x 5kg

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
In regards to comps, I'm planning on joining Powerlifting Australia (affiliated with IPF) in the near future and possibly do a novice comp in January.

I currently have little intention of competing as an equipped lifter, Raw is my only focus. Although as I get older and my joints start getting the ****s with the heavy loads I might look into adding gear. I'm trying to convince my mother-in-law to buy me some Tommy Kono knee sleeves (IPF approved) for my birthday.

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
I just noticed something that perhaps can psych you up.

You literally smoked every -100Kg raw spanish national records (ipf sanctioned) in your recent "backyard meet". In fact you beated -110Kg category deadlift and BP raw records and equaled the squat record. In fact your deadlift and total is > than those recorded for raw 125+ lifters in spain.
Of course Spain isn't that much into strength sports and spanish IPF mostly focus on geared comps, but still...
It seems that i have a bigger bench than 90 and even 100Kg categories, and DL is at reach. I might sign for a membership and compete, it would be cool to have a national record on anything, even if it's a ridiculous one lol.

http://powerhispania.net/Records/Records_AEP_2010/Records_Power_Mas_2010.htm

Last edited:
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Go nuts in those comps mate. Set some national records!

Unfortunately I'm not up to national record standard for Oz yet. Its 242.5/172.5/285 for -93kg, or 285/182.5/297.5 for -105kg. And these records haven't even been set yet, they're just arbitrary numbers set for the newly formed raw division of Powerlifting Australia.

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
^^ I've emailed the guys at the spanish fed to ask what's about those numbers because everything point to them being arbitrary too, only lower. One way or the other i'm thinking about beating them for fun haha.

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
In regards to comps, I'm planning on joining Powerlifting Australia (affiliated with IPF) in the near future and possibly do a novice comp in January.

I currently have little intention of competing as an equipped lifter, Raw is my only focus. Although as I get older and my joints start getting the ****s with the heavy loads I might look into adding gear. I'm trying to convince my mother-in-law to buy me some Tommy Kono knee sleeves (IPF approved) for my birthday.

IPF, nice. Glad to hear your competing; I'll be looking forward to your meet write-up. I saw so MUCH gear at the last meet I went to I was shocked. Does Powerlifting Australia have a big RAW division? There were literally only 5 Raw lifters in my weightclass. The rest were equiped. (This was the USAPL.) I liked raw lifting in the USAPL, no monolift, strict judging. Is Australia just as over-run with feds as America?

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
There are two main feds in Oz, PA and CAPO, with a new one ProRaw in its infancy. Capo has had a Raw division for a couple of years but they're also an untested fed and not very prominent in my state. PA are introducing a Raw division next year, and are also a tested fed and recognised as the "official" powerlifting fed in Oz. Its my understanding that there have occasionally been raw lifters in their past comps but for the most part they have been single ply equipped lifters.

Powerlifting is nowhere near as big in Oz as it is in the US and Europe.

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
There are two main feds in Oz, PA and CAPO, with a new one ProRaw in its infancy. Capo has had a Raw division for a couple of years but they're also an untested fed and not very prominent in my state. PA are introducing a Raw division next year, and are also a tested fed and recognised as the "official" powerlifting fed in Oz. Its my understanding that there have occasionally been raw lifters in their past comps but for the most part they have been single ply equipped lifters.

Powerlifting is nowhere near as big in Oz as it is in the US and Europe.

SOME countries in Europe, I must say. From what i'm seeing here in Spain there's only one fed, called AEP which is part of the IPF. It does have a raw division but it only started this year with only one meet (the nationals) in July, and from what I can find it wasn't crowded at all. Most (of the very few) spanish lifters compete in single-ply gear.
@Freako: i've been told that those numbers I posted for raw are indeed "made up" by the AEP as the minimum you should lift in order to get the first national record. Oh, and they're changing the weight categories (as for IPF rules) so next year there will be different numbers to beat.

Current weight classes (Kg): 52 56 60 67,5 75 82,5 90 100 110 125 125+
new ones: 58/66/74/83/93/105/120/+120

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Super mega happy back pump session...

Weighted Pullups
5 x 10kg
5 x 20kg
3 x 5 x 30kg
8 x 20kg
14 x bw

Bent Rows
3 x 10 x 100kg
10 x 120kg (w/straps)
18 x 100kg (w/straps)
Its amazing how much lighter 100kg felt after rowing the 120kg barbell.

Superset Medley
Did a medley of BB curls, hammer curls, inverted rows and reverse curls in supersets. Epic pumpage.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
I just noticed something that perhaps can psych you up.

You literally smoked every -100Kg raw spanish national records (ipf sanctioned) in your recent "backyard meet". In fact you beated -110Kg category deadlift and BP raw records and equaled the squat record. In fact your deadlift and total is > than those recorded for raw 125+ lifters in spain.
Of course Spain isn't that much into strength sports and spanish IPF mostly focus on geared comps, but still...
It seems that i have a bigger bench than 90 and even 100Kg categories, and DL is at reach. I might sign for a membership and compete, it would be cool to have a national record on anything, even if it's a ridiculous one lol.

http://powerhispania.net/Records/Records_AEP_2010/Records_Power_Mas_2010.htm

yeah.. spanish are weak...

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
yeah.. spanish are weak...

Well, I know you say this because you love me and love reading my posts, but... if you read my other post up here you'll see that the problem is lifters competing single-ply and not raw because official raw comps and rare and recent. There are some pretty good records in equipped division, including some ipf world records.

@Freako: 14 bw pullups after all those weighted sets... that's great work bro.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Suicide...

5/3/1: cycle 4, week 1
Squats
5 x 125kg
5 x 140kg
8 x 160kg
10 x 100kg
3 x 10 x 100kg (paused reps)
10 x 100kgSquatting was way harder than it should have been today. We think we may have brutalised ourselves a bit too much the day before with the rows. As a solution we are now going to squat on Thursday then hit back on Friday.

Tire Rape
1 x 50m sprint
3 x 35m sprint
20min x crying like a little girl.
We were meant to hit 6 sprints again today but just couldn't, we had nothing left after squats.

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
If I'm not fresh to squat I suck big time, that's why I do legs always after an off day: SQ on monday and DL on thursday.
Props to you for running any amount of sprints after that kind of squat volume.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
It sucked gigantic chimpanzee balls, I was begging to stop at three but Paz made me do one last run. Next week we're aiming for seven.

These balls...
Chimp-with-huge-balls.jpg

Till

Till

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
So you're doing pullups with 30 kg, are you? WTF, man?!? What's your BW? You know, you're actually forcing me to train harder, dammit...