• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Eric's Log - "About Dang Time"

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Paulie- It's a flat bench dumbell press with an underhand grip; I'm probably screwing the name up, but monkey press seemed appropriate. Thank you for your vote:)

Evo- Dream nothing, you're a huge hombre yourself:xyxthumbs: I hear ya on the females; things are what they are at times, and thank you for your support.

Glex- At least you got to the gym quick, I'm sure; took me out for Mon and Tues:no: Thanks for voting; the look on his face was worth a month's membership price:49:

Ben- Likewise, big man:xyxthumbs: I just need to make sure I emphasize my incline work over the other aspects of my chest; I have enough flaws as is, and I don't need to add a sunken/mid-bulge chest to the list.

Line- Thank you:2: No worries Line, as I missed a few sessions in your log as well:) I really have been pleased with my progress, but it wouldn't have been possible without the support I've received on the Mecca. I look forward to seeing those deads:D

Nature- Thank you:49: I know I have a ways to go to compete with greek myth, but even a slight impression of such can't help but be a good thing:xyxthumbs:

Basebodyfitnesspaul

Basebodyfitnesspaul

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Really sorry to hear about the girlfriend situation man, you really didn't deserve that, hope your coping well :ughfingers: .

Awesome session btw man, chest must have been killing, cable crossovers are always a nice end to a chest workout :xyxthumbs: .

My n00b of the day vote- It has to be Blue Shirt and Chain, those guys are regular retards, not even one of guys, thats why they get my vote of shame! :xyxthumbs:

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
I completely missed the part about your girlfriend, really sorry to hear that because you're honestly one of the nicest people on know, and I don't mean just online. Hopefully things will turn around for you soon.

PS: You've inspired my deadlifts as well :spy:

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Base- Thank you:) Yeah, my chest was feeling pretty rosey after said workout, and I dig the corssovers at the end; good way to stretch out the pump for me. Thank you for your vote as well:xyxthumbs: Looks like the n00b duo will sweep this one:49:

Line- I always appreciate your support, both with my workouts and apart from them. I really do feel at peace with the whole situation at this point; it wasn't my actions that initiated it, and there's nothing that can be done about it but to let it go. I'm going to dig being single for a bit though; I just need a break in that area.

Good to hear the inspiration goes both ways:D You'll ace my dead weight in no time:2:

Sorry again for slacking in my log; I have two workouts to throw up here, but I'll put them in reverse order. Quads, calves, triceps, and forearms were on Thursday, but Back and Hams were yesterday. I'll hit that first:

Back

Lat Pulldowns

180X15(warmup)
250X16
250X12

Reverse Grip Pulldowns

170X15
190X12
220X12

Barbell Rows

135X20(warmup)
225X15
275X13
315X10

Seated Pulley Rows(I used two single handles for this, so I could really pull back and spread at the apex of each rep)

180X15
190X10
210X13

Standing Wide Grip Pushdowns

150X15
150X15
150X17

Hams

Lying Leg Curls

140X20(warmup)
200X15
200X12
200X16

I don't really know what was up, but I just wasn't feeling it like I should've been for this workout. It was still excellent, but I feel I cheated myself by not being more focused. Maybe it was Saturday syndrome(which is unusual, since said day has had some of my best workouts), or....meh:shootme: Upward and onward, ya?

Thank you again to all of you who support me in my log; I truly do appreciate it:D I'll throw up my quads/etc workout when I get back from my ecclesiastical stuff.

Natureboypkr

Natureboypkr

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That's a good back day bro, especially with the bb rows 315 for 10reps YEEEAAAAAHHHHH BUDDY!!!!!!!!!1

Basebodyfitnesspaul

Basebodyfitnesspaul

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Looks like a good solid session there bud :xyxthumbs: Good idea on using single handles for the rows, i always feel it hits my back more this way as there is more movement allowed. Thnaks for the kind comments in my log too bud, can't wait to get started on DC tommorow! :hsughr:

CJU

CJU

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
you're strength makes me want to cry =(. stop making me feel so weak. 200X16 on lying leg press? ='( thats double how much i use and with 6 more reps... I HATE YOU ='(

oh who am i kidding, i could never hate you big guy.

you're dead tonight.

Project Evo

Project Evo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Cracking work OBE, monster numbers.

Those BB Rows are incredible. It looks like you pretty much destroyed all before you and you felt cheated by not being focused. It looks insane to me mate, but I know where you're coming from about being focused and getting the right psyche. Do you have any pre-workout rituals or anything, just to get you in the right frame of mind?

Fantastic work once more bud. Most aspiring.

D

Dobbs

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
NIce workout like always, Amazing weight on BB back rows, wanna see that quad workout.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Back day is huge big man! U keep puttin up those weights OBE!!!

Godbless
Beno

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Even 'unfocused' you're putting up huge numbers my friend. Let's see that quad day :spy:

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
That back session looks great; I'm always blown away by your rows. Nice job with the hamstrings as well. Enjoy the single life, my friend. I know I have :xyxthumbs:

FOOTBALL FAN

FOOTBALL FAN

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
huge lat pulldowns, and lying leg curls are very strong

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nature- Thank you. Switching to an overhand grip really has helped my rows out a lot.

Base- I saw Jay doing rows with that technique and decided to try it out. I've found myself digging his little training quirks a lot lately. I'm looking forward to your DC madness as well:xyxthumbs:

CJU-:49: :49: Thank you. Keep remembering though, your cuts kill mine by far.

Evo- Thank you for your continuing support in my log, big man:) I don't really have a set pattern for getting in the zone pre-workout, other than hanging my head in the locker room and digging a groove with my music. It usually works like a charm, but something was just not quite right on Sat:e5dunno: I feel fine now, but a change could be good. Any suggestions? What do you do, Evo?

Dobbs- The rows were the high point of the workout for sure, both for feel and focus. I'm hungry to redeem myself tonight though; da quads post will follow this one.

BigBen- Thank you:D You keep putting up what you do Ben, and I'll work to keep up.

Glex- Thanks Glex:xyxthumbs: I didn't put up any monster squats, a'la you and Line, but it was a grovvy quad session all the same.

Line- Thank you:) I should've put more volume into my hams, but my head just wasn't into it. Stinking lug brain:disgust: Single life feels just peachy at this point, and thank you as always for your support, my friend:2:

FF- Thank you for hitting my log, FF:D

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ok, so here we go with the quads/calves/triceps/forearms from last week. Tonight will be shoulders and traps.

Quads

Leg Presses

540X20(warmup)
720X15
900X15
990X15
1080X14
1190X10(PB:hsughr: )[I was just feeling it that day; next time will be 14 plates to a side+top racks, the max that machine is capable of]

Hack Squats(machine)

180X15
270X15
360X9
450X11

Seated Quad Extensions Superset w/Single Leg Extensions

180X15/50X12(warmup)
270X13/90X12
305X10/115X9(PB's on both:hsughr: )

Calves

Seated Calf Raises

90X20(warmup)
140X15
180X16(felt a slight strain in my left calf here, so it was time to call it quits on them for the day. Just cramped, and I pumped out a few more reps; idiot:no:)

Triceps

Skullcrushers

95X15(warmup)
115X15
145X12
185X8(PB:hsughr: But these played merry crap on my wrists, so I won't be going that heavy again. They only hurt for a minute, but that was enough)

Standing Rope Pulldowns

100X15(warmup)
150X15
150X13
150X16

Bench Dips(I LOVE these at the end of a workout)

BWX15
BWX15
BWX17

Forearms

Standing Flexor Cable Curls

150X21
150X23
150X27

All in all, I loved that workout. Energy to spare, and my motivation was right on key. I was very happy with how well my quads handled my workload; as a consequence, I'll be throwing in another quad lift in my next session, further approaching my norm of 20-24 working sets for my lug trunks.

Since I didn't include this award in my last post, I'll give two right here. Smoke 'em if you got 'em, it's time for.....
The n00b of the Day

-I saw an older gentleman(late 40's would be my guess) prepping himself to use a tricep pushdown machine; the chair thingy, mind you. He sets the pin for the whole stack(300lbs), so I decide to see what happens. What proceeds is likely the worst form I've ever seen utilizing said machine. He basically hooked his toes under the base pads and jumped up and down, pushing the handles about halfway down using a combination of his feet and his considerable bodyweight. After finishing his 'set', he bounced to his feet with an intense and exasperated look on his face. Poor, poor n00b:shootme:

-One gym I frequent is a hive for college kids, ergo the huge amount of posers that inhabit said mecca of iron. There are many sleeveless roads those of the skinny arms take; the traditional ribbed undershirt(always white and stained with some type of animal urine), the cut off t-shirt, the standard t-shirt with rolled up sleeves(which they adjust every 13.2 seconds, consequently making one want to beat them severely) My ocular devices beheld the n00b of n00bs in this regard though. He was wearing black shoes, white shorts, and a GRAY SWEATER VEST. Yep, SWEATER VEST:no: He looked like he just came from hitting on 15 year old girls at the Gap and forgot to completely change. That or it was in fact an asbestos vest, the kid being deathly afraid of fire. Or he was a brain-addled poser n00b. Take your pick:e5dunno::disgust:

Oh, and it looks like Blue Shirt and Chain swept the n00b vote from last week. Thanks again to all who voted:D

And please remember, don't let friends lift and n00b. If you love them, you'll help them:xmasslap:

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Those are INSANE leg numbers Biggy, over 1000lbs on a leg press! I'd hate to see you lace a karate kick into a criminals head :ughnoes:

I can't pic a winner of the noob of the day, I'm disappointed you didn't get a pic of the vest kid, I mean I went under cover and got the pic of the hawaiian shirt douche :49:

FOOTBALL FAN

FOOTBALL FAN

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ahh your skull crushers hurt my head just looking at the weight, congrats on that PB mate

CJU

CJU

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
holy crap, are those skull crushers or bench presses?!?!? awesome weight. i dont know what standing flexor cables are...but anyone using 150 lbs for their damn forearms has hercules like grip strength. your workouts all ways amaze me.

Basebodyfitnesspaul

Basebodyfitnesspaul

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nuts workout there OBE! (Altough it comes as no suprise). Congrats on the Monstorous Leg presses!

next time will be 14 plates to a side+top racks, the max that machine is capable of]

Showoff, haha.

Those skull crushers too! Crazy!

Out of the N00bs listed, it''s gotta be the "College kid", damn i hate them posing types (especially when they ain't got nothin')!

P.S. I have noticed that you are quite the articulate individual aren't you OBE,some very fancy words (exasperated, ergo, "My ocular devices".....) being thrown around in here :hsughr:

D

Dobbs

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
LOL your lifts are fucking ridiculous, your doing skullcrushers with fukin 185! for 8!, thats more then i can bench that lol. Yah it hurt your wrist, but it most have felt pretty good towards your ego doing that much. Also insane leg strength hack squats, leg presses you showed some freakish strength their especially. Your strength keeps impressing me everytime i read your log:xyxthumbs:

Lol funny n00b stories, my new gym doesnt have that many, my old one had about 10 stories every workout lol. Assholes stupidity @ the gym can be so distracting towards a workout lol