• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Eric's Log - "About Dang Time"

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Well your leg press is just too incredible so it looks like I'm going to have to step up my hack squats instead! Congrats on the personal bests and the way you maintain your strength throughout the session. Take care of that calf, although I'm sure you'll be fine, just make sure to take it easy. Also, I'm glad to see you're not loading up weights on the bench dips because I'm pretty sure they can put the glenohumeral joint in a compromising position.

PUMBA

PUMBA

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
OOOPS I'm am soooooooooo late and feel bad but here goes big guy....................WELCOME TO THE 500 CLUB:xyxthumbs: .

I am very humbled by your comments, it is great day when I can inspire someone of your strength, so thanks you for that.

...and yes Line inspires me as well, I guess he has to be good for something j/k:49:

-PUMBA

Project Evo

Project Evo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sweet Jeeeeez OBE!! Such a massive leg workout. Incredible P.B's, massive congrats mate.

Colossal tricep movements too mate. You're a muscle machine if ever there was one. Damn this has fired me up!

Well done bro.

P.S

Love the n00b stories too. Keep em coming.

Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Great googly moogly, Eric! Quad work was INSAAAANE, and the skullcrushers were INSAAAAANE. That's like, double insane. Which makes you fucking crazy :xyxthumbs:

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sorry guys, rushing a morning here. I'll respond in kind, and post up my last two workouts when my traffic shift is over. Thanks again for your support:D

Natureboypkr

Natureboypkr

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:xyxthumbs: you know you really don't have the train forearms there are other ways of doing that. nice session bro

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Chesti- I'll have to work on that for next time:49: All my kick-severed heads are sitting down in evidence right now though:spy:

FF- Thank you:) Like I said though, they played merry havoc on my wrists; I can get more done with less, so I guess it was a curiosity set more than anything else.

CJU- Your cuts inspire me to lean down:xyxthumbs: Standing flexor curls are just standard wrist curls, just done facing a side station. I've found them excellent for a pump, and they take the pressure off my wrists.

Base- I do try to stay grammatically varied, namely because I'm supposed to be one of those 'big dumb lugs' as far as stereotyping goes. Thank you for your n00b vote; I think that kid may have even had it tucked into his shorts as well:ughnoes:

Dobbs- I always appreciate you hitting my log:) I do need to look out for my joints though(especially my knees); my size has enough working against my body in the first place. Although yeah, the ego-placating does take place every now and again:duh:

Line- :49: :49: :49: :49: :49: Adoption isn't an unthinkable option, but I don't want it to be a primary one. That calf crimp was all dumb, courtesy of me:no: It's been perfect since, but I need to work on listening to my body all the time.

Pumba- Credit is much deserved to both you and Line for pushing me in my deadlifts. I hadn't done them in nearly a year, but the two of you really helped me to get my head back into the murderous compound game. I'm honored to work to keep up with the both of you:2:
Check out my newly inspired single:spy::49:

Evo- Thank you for your support, even though I've been less than stellar about hitting your log:duh: You bang out PB's like a fat kid at a cookie factory, so I better work to keep up:D

Glex- Thank you:49: I guess you'd have to be a little crazy to be in either law enforcement or the military, so it's good that we both have our bases covered in that:xyxthumbs:

Nature- Thank you, but trust me; I need to train those stinking forearms. Some people(The Myth, Lee, etc) don't have to, but my tall man's syndrome has left me little choice, unless I want to have laughable symmetry in my grabbing appendages:tear::disgust:

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Alright, so here's Chest/Forearms from yesterday. My back workout from today was dang groovy; I'll post it up in a couple of hours.

Chest

Incline Chest Press

135X25(warmup)
375X4(PB:hsughr: , but I won't go that heavy again for awhile. Again, just wondered what I could do)
335X8
315X10
315X11
295X10
225X16

Weighted Decline Dips

BW+25X15
BW+50X9
BW+60X8

Dumbell Pullovers

90X15(working warmup)
110X15
125X13(PB:hsughr: )

Incline Machine Press

400X10
400X7

Cable Crossovers

150X12
150X8

Forearms

Standing Hammer Rope Curls

110X15(warmup)
150X15
150X14
150X17

Standing Olympic Bar Reverse Curls

95X12
115X10
135X11

Overall, a very satisfying chest and forearm combo. I'd actually had immunizations in both shoulders that morning; they warned me that said areas might stiffen up, and they did. It took a bit from my session, albeit not a lot, but it was enough. I'd hoped to do shoulders as well, but they were too stinking crispy to get anything out of them. I'll get 'em tomorrow, but it'll likely just be flye motions.

Oh wait, what's that you say? You are correct, sir! It's time for....
The n00b of the Day

-Today's n00b was a polite subject, but a member of that sadly tarnished caste all the same. As I was moving in between my sets of dumbell crossovers, I paused for about the space of thirty seconds, mostly in pondering the wish that I really hope the dumbell doesn't fall apart on my face mid-rep. With all the n00bs that throw them around like a tazer in a game of hot potato, it is always a latent fear.

Then, our star approached. 15lb dumbell in hand, he proceeded to plop himself down on my bench of choice, vacated for half a minute but still sporting my bottle and towel to the side; not to mention an indentation and sweat mark from my lug back. I smiled, shook my head, laughed a little on the inside, and proceeded to ask him if he'd like to work in with me. Mortified embarassment followed, and hopefully a little education for an unfortunate n00b.

Look both ways before crossing a street, and don't plop your mass down onto an indented and sweaty bench. The more you know:gaygay:

D

Dobbs

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice session like always obe, impressive weights to say the least like always,

lmao at n00b of the day

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good work on the inclines. Were they done on a hammer strength (or equiv) or with a BB?

I tend to drape my towel over benches to signify my property in gyms. Doesn't stop everyone, but it helps a bit.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dobbs- Poor, poor n00bs:e5dunno:

Tim- Done with a barbell on a broken/cobbled together Smith. It's a win/win for me; the bar weighs in at its full 45 lbs, but I have the stable range of motion track that said machine provides. I just hope that gym never replaces it:ughnoes: Thank you for the towel advice; I'll try it out, if for no other reason than to see some kid drop/move it somewhere obliviously.

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Alright, so here's da back workout from yesterday. I wanted to make up for not being quite mentally committed during my last session for said bodypart, and I believe I did.

Back

Bent BB Rows

135X15(warmup)
225X15
315X10
315X7

Deadlifts(I tend to not aim for higher reps as much with these, as it helps me preserve more of my strength(ergo safety) for my heavier sets. Just a new preference I've discovered; if my form is correct, I don't need 15 reps to get my target feeling.)

225X15(warmup)
315X10
405X6
545X1(PB:hsughr: )
505X2(ds)

Incline Bench Dumbell Rows

80X15
90X12
90X13

Seated Underhand Low Cable Rows

180X15
210X10
235X13

My back was pretty much done at that point. I was quite happy with my rows and deads; everything from that point on was just to seep the pump into sections that needed it. I usually like to do more volume for my back, but it was dead crispy after I finished the big daddy of compound lifts. I also hit some cardio; 17 min on the stair-torture machine, 300-odd calories burned.

Here we go...
The n00b of the Day

-This was actually a holdover from my tri workout, but Line's comment made it noteworthy. As I was repping out my bench dips, I noticed from my peripheral vision an older gentleman staring at me. Little strange, so I ignored him. After I finished a set, he approached me and imparted a little 'wisdom'. "My trainer tells me to stack weight on my 'lap' when I do those; you might want to try that."

While I've never been 'saluting' while doing bench dips, I feel the concept is horrible all the same. If trainers impart the lesson that one should have weight sliding all over one's junk while doing bench dips, they and their clients who buy into it need some serious help. Psychological help. Although if they'd like to voluntarily take themselves out of the breeding pool, I can't help but see that as a bit of a good thing.

The worst part was that this unfortunate man felt that this genetalia-harming technique was 'helping', and that he felt impressed to 'share' it with others. I smell a closet sado-masochist on the prowl. Beware! These aren't n00bs:ughnoes:

That, or the trainer's a moron. That sounds about right to me, considering the trend said 'occupation' seems to be following nowadays. There are definitely those who deserve the title, but it seems they're few and far between in today's world. Just remember, plates and boys don't mix:xyxthumbs:

FOOTBALL FAN

FOOTBALL FAN

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
your n00b of the day stories make me lol, it makes the thought of going to a gym rather than training at home more appealing just so I can spot the n00b and report back to HQ.

As for your session as always excellent weight and movements your power still amazes me 545 on the deads is unreal keep up the good work bud:xyxthumbs:

Natureboypkr

Natureboypkr

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
damn good chest workout, now that's what i like to see some heavy ass weight

Project Evo

Project Evo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yes,yes OBE, more P.B's to add to your mighty collection of numbers.

Superstar benching bro, your chest took a real pounding.

Those Deads are simply inhuman buddy. 545 is hoooooge number, congrats on the P.B. And is if that wasn't enough for any normal mortal, you hit the cardio. Insane. Dedication to the marrow.

LMAO at the n00bs.

Awesome work brother.

D

Dobbs

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Shit man, nice going like always. You just crushed your previous Deadlift record. I honestly think 600 is in your reach, and its really not as far away from you as you may think, within this last month you broke a pb getting over 500, i think u got 515 if im not wrong than a few weeks later u hit 545, its definitley in the near future

CJU

CJU

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
"545X1(PB )"

:skurred: :skurred: :skurred: :skurred: :skurred: CONGRATS!!! you're superhuman strong i dont know how the fuck you do it but you do it! unreal!

Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Your PBs are always astounding, Eric :hsughr:

You're tearing shit up in here!

I always enjoy your n00b of the day stories :49:

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
FF- There are some definite benefits in working out at a gym; the n00bs are a guilty perk. From someone who deads nearly every workout, compliments from you on said lift carry heavy weight; thank you for them, FF:)

Nature- Thank you, as always, for posting in my log:D The heavy weight is nice and all, but I think I'm going to back it down for the next little while. Build up the base again before I start aiming for new heights, and all that.

Evo- Thank you:) Your cardio is miles and miles(literally) ahead of mine, so I definitely need to work to keep up with you there. Thank you for motivating me in that:2:

Dobbs- Thank you for your welcome encouragement:) With the 545, I wasn't exactly nuts about my form; I could likely do more, but I want to build a stronger foundation before I start aiming for 600. All a lug like me needs to do is start screwing up his back:ughfingers:

CJU- :49: Thank you, he-of-cuts-I-can't-touch. As always, I have big examples to follow around here, both in physical power and mental dedication(you're in that group:xyxthumbs:) Upward and onward:hammer:

Glex- Thank you:D I better be tearing it up if I hope to keep up with you and Line:2: I've actually had a few hilarious n00bs cross my path over the last few days; reports are to come:icon_ninja:

Well I have a couple of excellent sessions to post up, but I knew I had to kick my slacker butt to the curb and catch up in all your logs before I spent any time in mine. It's late now though, so I'll toss them up tomorrow. Chest/Tri's/Shoulders/Calves and Back/Traps are all incoming-tomorrow will likely be quads/biceps-we'll see:e5dunno: