• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Eric's Log - "About Dang Time"

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
philosopher- Thank you:) Have another one coming in my sadly-neglected-by-me-log:duh:

So I have three workouts to throw in here; I'll just hit them in chronological order. Oh, and there'll be n00bs....:ughnoes:

Tuesday

Shoulder Warmup

Standing Side Laterals
35X15
35X10

Chest

Decline Barbell Press

135X20(warmup)
225X15
275X12
315X7(PB:hsughr: )

Incline Barbell Press

135X25(warmup)
335X9
315X10
295X10
225X17(ds)

Weighted Decline Dips

BWX17(warmup)
BW+45X13
BW+55X8
BW+60X7

Cable Crossovers

100X15(warmup)
150X12
130X7(ds)
100X13(ds)

Shoulders

Standing Side Laterals

40X15
45X10
55X9
60X7

Seated Thumbs Up Angled Dual Front Raises

45X12
50X10
50X9

Reverse Pec Deck Flyes

140X15(warmup)
170X15
200X14
180X14(ds)

Triceps

Behind the Head Dumbell Presses

80X15(warmup)
90X15
100X13
110X14

Close Grip Bench Press

135X15(warmup)
185X15
225X14
275X9(PB:hsughr: )

Bench Dips

BWX23
BWX21
BWX20
BWX17

Calves

Seated Calf Raises
100X15(warmup)
145X15
190X15
235X11(As high as the plates would stack on this thing; never liked the vertical-loading machines)

Standing Calf Raises(Done on a whim, and on a weird sled-thing. It was built for small people, so I did these with a perma-hunch that made this feel off)

250X15(warmup)
340X15
Stack(400)X13
StackX14

Things kept feeling good, so I just kept going. It was definitely a satisfying workout:hsughr:

Time to roll with it....
The n00b of the Day

-Today's n00b is a special subject. Said kid was doing weighted dips before I had made my way to them, but I found myself mystified by his n00bness all the same. The boy had loaded up about 70lbs on da chain belt, which was ridiculous considering that he maybe weighed 115....soaking wet....holding a brick...with a car sitting on his head.

His arms were about as thick as my wrists, so I was curious to see what he would do. He proceeded to make three attempts to get to a dipping position, and when he had achieved said nirvana, he did about four half-inch dips; it was like poser squating, but even worse. I was just happy that the kid didn't break something, either on the way up or coming down, but it wasn't over. Instead of detaching the weight and racking the plates, he proceeded to do some kind of jilted duck waddle to the nearest pyramid rack, a distance of about ten yards.

So don't let your friends n00b, and by all that's holy, don't let them duck-waddle with a weighted belt on. If you see someone doing this, let them in on a secret; the dips are harder if you attatch the weight to your testicles. You'll be doing society, and the future itself, a serious favor.

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wed

Back

Lat Pulldowns

200X15(working warmup)
250X12
250X13

Reverse Grip(Underhand) Lat Pulldowns

180X15
200X11
210X12

Barbell Pullovers(Used an cambered bar for these; they were okay, I guess. Never tried 'em before:e5dunno: )

75X15
115X13
165X5(way to heavy...and very stupid on my part:disgust: )
135X9

Standing One Arm Rows(Reps on both sides were the same)

130X15
140X10
150X10
170X10(PB:hsughr: )

Bent Barbell Rows

135X20(warmup)
225X15
275X13
315X10

Traps

Standing Dumbell Shrugs
130X15
150X13
160X10
200X6(PB:hsughr: Just wanted to see what I could do with the cap weight; my grip strength went way before my trap strength did:disgust: )

Close Grip Cambered Bar Raises

75X15(working warmup)
100X14
135X8

And....
The n00b of the Day

-Today's n00b was an older gentleman that hit a number of cliches. Sunglasses while lifting? Check. Goofy tat? Check. Bad form? Check. Horrible cancer coffin burn? Check. Out of place tank top? Check.

What really set this man apart though was the fact that he was doing single arm underhand tricep extensions on one side of a flye station...with four other one-sided side stations completely empty. That's not all though. He was attacking said lift with a v-bar handle; think the piece of gear you use for t-bar rows. The kicker is, there were three single handles free at the time, one of which that was by his right foot.

In situations like this, you can't help but think....what?

-Oh, and I should give a nod to blue shirt and chain, namely for being there doing exactly the same thing they're always doing; even their lifts never change.

Yesterday was an excellent quad/forearm session, but I'll wait until tonight to post that. Thank you again to everyone who views, posts, and just supports me in my log:D

D

Dobbs

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice job overall, heavy rows and heavy pulldowns. 200 lb shrugs must have been tough as hell, must have been near impossible to keep thos things in ur hands, but great job with that despite all that. Ill check in soon to see how that quad workout went, i gotta go hit them tonight myself, so ill check in later, Good work like always

CJU

CJU

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
man thats fucked up that your lat warm up is more than i can do on a working set.

Standing One Arm Rows(Reps on both sides were the same)

170X10(PB )

HOLY SHIT. i cant wait for tweak to read that one. YOU JUST GOT OWNED TWEAK.

you're crazy strong bro

for a dead man :icon_ninja:

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dobbs- The 200's were beyond my current grip strength, but I just wanted to see what I could do. I look forward to seeing your quad workout:xyxthumbs:

CJU- Thank you:):49: :49: It's amazing what you can do post-mortem...or soon to be:ughnoes:

Well, here are the quads and forearms from yesterday. My schedule got a little crimped today, so tomorrow will be biceps, hams, and probably abs. I never list those anyway; I guess I should:e5dunno:

Quads

Leg Presses(Just to clarify, these are an angled press; CadEx I believe.)

540X15(warmup)
720X15
900X15
990X14
1080X12
1170X10
1260X7(WOOOOOOOOT!!!PB:hsughr:) [sorry; I was pretty happy about that one]
^^Those gave me the biggest headache I've ever had in the gym:shootme: I was planning on more volume in this workout, but my head was throbbing a little too much to push near 20-some_odd sets.

Single Leg Presses(No rest in between sets, done on the same machine as the primary presses; just boom, boom, boom...same reps on each side)

270X15
360X15
450X12

Leg Extensions Superset with Singles

170X15/50X15(warmups)
230X15/90X13
290X12/120X10(PB on singles:hsughr: )

Forearms

Reverse Preacher Curls

65X15
75X14
85X12
85X13

Standing Flexor Curls

150X30(PB on reps:e5dunno: )
150X27
150X23
150X24

Standing Rope Hammer Curls

150X17
150X15
150X12
130X8(ds)

Well, my quad mark has been hit. From now on, I'll be backing off the really heavy presses in favor of more volume. My legs are just about even with each other again, and my sweep is looking decent. It's been better, but I'm more confident at this point than I have been since my scope.

I'm also going to be logging my MMA cardio/training in here as well. I have absolutely no idea how many calories I burn doing such, but listing my lifting has helped me improve in that area; I have a fight on May 19th, so hopefully listing said time in my log will help me improve in it as well. All I need to do is get below 270 to make weight, so losing seven pounds in between now and then will be cake; I'd like to compete at 255 or so.

Thursday-2 Hours
45min boxing[20min accuracy, 25min sparring]
1hr 15min Groundwork(wrestling, hapkido, td defense, & slams)
I dropped enough water to overload a small levy. I started seriously training a week and a half ago, so my body's still working to hit its groove. No straight cardio today, but session/recovery work will be in my next session.

And let's not forget...
The n00b of the Day

-Today's award also goes to a dynamic duo, who word on the street says go by the name acne back and synthol boy. Now acne back exhibited all the signs of straight line juice abuse; bad form, no legs, an excellent back and arms, and the most ridiculous case of back acne I've seen in person. The killer thing is, the kid has an excellent structure for mass. Too bad he's blowing it by subscribing to the mental deficincies teh juice brings in. As is also the case, he was constantly slamming whatever he was using; dumbells, barbells, machines, the freaking drinking fountain, etc.... He also kept staring at me when he thought I couldn't see him; lots of mirrors in a gym can be both a blessing and a curse:shootme: The kid has better arm genetics than me, yet he's blowing it with 'enhancement' abuse; plus playing the mental size up game with me, and a one-sided session at that, was both annoying and creepy:uhoh2: People blowing potential like that makes me sad, and it also reeks of n00b.

Although he paled in comparison to synthol boy, his apparent 'lifting' partner. Although I feel lifting partner would be an overly generous term. This is the worst joke/shortcut known in our great sport, namely because the abuser is seemingly oblivious to how much of a joke he[and hopefully never 'she'] is. His triceps resembled a pair of kidneys glued to the back of his arms; he was doing (machine assist:gayaway:)dips, and there was no contraction of any kind on the back of his toothpicks. I simply shook my jupiter-sized cranium in silent humor and moved on. N00b, n00b, n00b...:tear:

Thank you again for your support, everyone:2: It seriously has made a huge difference in my training , and I'm truly appreciative of that. Viva a Mecca-inspired win on May 19th!

D

Dobbs

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wow, thats all impressive news right their. Heavy ass leg presses, i know what u mean about ur head pounding afterwards, same shit happens to me when i go heavy, guess just cuz your pushing so damn hard. Great job single legged as well. Hit some impressive pbs tonight. Looks like you punded the shit out of your forearms as well, strong forearms will always help. I hope you find success and happiness in fighting as well, sure as hell wouldnt wanna be kicked by legs of that strength. GL with the fight, a little over a month to go and your looking great. Impressed like always

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
good job on dem PBs!!
one day, you'll be on muscle mags mayne
or at least got some huge repu's from people
as in people thinking ur a pro bb :p

keep em up!!

Project Evo

Project Evo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Major props on those PB's OBE, there are some stellar numbers in your log mate, but I have to say, I'm totally blown away your work ethics. Not only are you murdering every muscle group in your mountainous frame but Thursday's boxing and groundwork is astonishing. Not only the work rate but the disciplines too.

Utterly amazing OBE, you're an absolute credit to the sport and the forum bud.

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dobbs- Thank you:) Lying at an angle probably doesn't help with the whole heavy presses thing either:shootme: I'm excited about my fight though; I've been competing in MMA for about three years now, but this is my first fight since my surgery. I'm stoked to be back stronger and sharper than I was before.

Hypo- Thank you for your support:D Good to have you back on the forum as well:xyxthumbs:

Evo- You keep humbling me here, ya crazy Brit:) I have a lot to keep up with around the boards here, so your encouragement is always more than welcome; as always Evo, thank you for it:2:

Yesterday was an extremely painful/satisfying workout, and as such was a great way to cap off my week. I hit da standard gym first, then went straight to my fight gym afterward. I was dying, but it's just what my body needs right now.

Hamstrings

SLDL's

165X15(warmup)
225X15
315X12
405X7(PB on reps:hsughr: )
455X5(PB overall:hsughr: )

Lying Leg Curls

140X15(warmup)
200X13
200X11
200X7(Don't know what happened there:e5dunno: )

Biceps

Wide Grip Straight Bar Curls(Just a general warmup for what I had next:ughnoes: )

80X15
85X15

This next lift was, as Bill Paxton said so eloquently in Aliens, "One Express Elevator to Hell." Absolutely no rest in between sets, aside from five seconds or so twice to wipe the sweat out of my eyes.

Run-The-Rack Alternating Standing Dumbell Curls

65X7
60X8
55X8
50X9
45X8
40X9
35X11
30X10
25X14
20X24

Seated Concentration Curls

35X15
45X12
50X10

Saturday-1.5 Hours
Boxing-20min(Sparring, with an emphasis on footwork)
Groundwork-40min(Free-form, didn't really emphasize anything specific; worked more on my body triangles and arm-bar transitions from my back just by happenstance)
Interval Cardio-30min(The one minute in between rounds is extremely important; this training helps condition my body to get as much gas back as possible in that time)

And to wrap things up...
The n00b of the Day

-Saturday's n00b reminded me of the old addage 'look both ways before you cross the street'. Being aware of your sorroundings is the name of the game here, as this story will illustrate in a hopefully humorous way.

As I was recovering from my self-induced lug murder drop, I saw a kid repping out said laterals. Nothing interesting at this point, but the plot is about to thicken. After finishing a set, the poor child began to look around in confusion, the fear of the lost written on his face...or something like that. In retrospect, I realized that he was looking for a pressing machine of the shoulder variety.

Apparently not finding anything with his slightly off occulars, he proceeded to face a roman abdominal chair, grab it's forward handles, and do some monkey-hybrid press with the entire stinking thing. The thing was, he was banging the entire assembley into the mirror in front of him, but since he was rocking out to Culture Club(or some other flaming-and-oblivious-to-it artist), he was apparently unaware of that. He was also clueless to the fact that the mirror was shaking with the impact of his mighty 'lift', so I guess we could safely add blind to the deaf tag he'd already given himself.

The desk guy was apparently asleep during this(he seriously was, and it was only 8:30pm or so), so I just watched the entire spectacle with a bemused expression on my gargantuan melon. After Hercules Kong finished abusing that part of the gym, he looked around and immediately beheld a shoulder press machine; coincidentally it was directly behind him, about twenty feet away. He sat down.....and started repping out with about 30 pounds:49:

Don't let experiences like this make you question the collective worth of humanity though. Just remember, real friends don't let their compadres n00b. So n00bs have no friends, I guess:e5dunno:

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
onebigeric said:
Today's n00b is a special subject. Said kid was doing weighted dips before I had made my way to them, but I found myself mystified by his n00bness all the same. The boy had loaded up about 70lbs on da chain belt, which was ridiculous considering that he maybe weighed 115....soaking wet....holding a brick...with a car sitting on his head.
:bowroflarms: :bowroflarms: Your stories kill me dude, there about as bad as my gym. Excellent couple of sessions Eric, big props for the leg presses, your warmup is like my working set :tear: Are you going to tape/get pics of your fight? :ughfingers:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Sorry I missed a bunch. I went back through and I saw:

Close Grips
275X9(PB :hsughr: )

One-Arm Standing DB Rows
170X10(PB :hsughr: )

DB Shrugs
200X6(PB :hsughr: Just wanted to see what I could do with the cap weight; my grip strength went way before my trap strength did )

Leg Press
1260X7(WOOOOOOOOT!!!PB :hsughr: )

SLDL
405X7(PB on reps :hsughr: )
455X5(PB overall :hsughr: )

Run-The-Rack Alternating Standing Dumbell Curls

65X7
60X8
55X8
50X9
45X8
40X9
35X11
30X10
25X14
20X24

Plus MMA training! People don't realize how hard boxing and wrestling is until they do it. Your shit is intense as hell :runinafire:
If you add all these up it equals pimp.

True story. Any of Eric's workouts = pimp.

Unreal, man! :hsughr:

Natureboypkr

Natureboypkr

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
How's mma training? and what type of workouts do you do for it?

PUMBA

PUMBA

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
GODDAM FREAK!!!!! buddy you are a phenom:ughnoes:

I can't believe the poundages you are shoving mate. (much like EVO these days)...I think I'm getting weaker as you guys power up:confused:

Love the nOOB section as always good to see old blue shirt and chain are still hittin it looool. AS for acne back and synthol, SLAP THEM!!! tell them PUMBA sent this and SLAP THEM......fucking hard :gtfoslap: , I was getting anoyed just reading about them:bowroflarms:

Awesome leg session bro, you are a credit to all thing mighty.:xyxthumbs:

-PUMBA

TrueOutlaw

TrueOutlaw

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
your lifts are just insane OBE everytime i come in here i am amazed by the kind of weight you are throwing around, and for good reps to boot. and the noob of the day struff is hilarious....

FOOTBALL FAN

FOOTBALL FAN

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
when you go to arrest people I bet they shit themselves your a monster, weights are crazy keep up the hard work

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

crap Eric, real show of strength your blowing us all away with :eek4:

:49: :49: :49:

I love the n00b stories dude, great touch to your log :49:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
455X5(PB overall )
OMG!!!

Use this an excuse to join a different gym not populated by so many noobs! You are clearly far too strong to hang out with this many dorks.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
tim290280 said:
You are clearly far too strong to hang out with this many dorks.

:) Eloquently put, yet true.

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Seeing as how this is post #2,000, I think it's appropriate to fill it with thanks and apology. A definite thank you is in order for your continuing support of me, despite the fact that I've fallen behind in all of your logs over the past week or so. I'm sorry for slacking off:duh: Life's back to normal for the most part though, so it's time to get right back into it.

Chesti- I hope to actually get someone in my corner this time around, so hopefully there'll be some pics. If this goes beyond the first round though, I'll be kicking myself for awhile. As always, thank you for your support:)

Glex- I'm sorry for missing so much in your log:tear: MMA kicks my butt so fully, it's ridiculous and great at the same time. There are these little 155lb monkeys that just dance around me when I spar(their cardio is unreal), but it's really helped me improve my footwork and timing. None of them ever want to roll with me though:e5dunno:

Nature- Training is good, and my knee(my biggest worry going in) is better than ever. I stick to the basics, but I've put a lot more emphasis on my boxing for this fight. I prefer not to single out wrestling from the rest of my groundwork though; I just train it at the same time as my submissions and general ground game. Clinch work, slams, shoots and takedowns, etc...; all of that is lumped into groundwork as well. I've just found that if I train it together, it flows a lot more when I'm in the ring.

Pumba- Oh yeah, there'll be some slapping:xmasslap: You need to give yourself more credit though, big man; you're half the reason I got into the 500 club at all. Between you and Line, I have my strength more than challenged; and yeah, I love that:)

Tim- They just need to limit the maximum capacity of 'college' students they allow at any given time; that'll help, I'm sure. Thank you for the props and support:D

Rocky- Thank you for supporting me in here, even though I haven't even been keeping it current:duh: Between you and Evo, we Americans need to step it up:xyxthumbs:

So I have a number of sessions to post up; four from last week, including a double on Sat, and today's. MMA has been daily, with the exception of sundays. It was Chest/Shoulders last Tues, Back/Traps/Forearms on Thurs, and quads/calves-biceps/triceps on Sat. Today was Back, calves, and forearms. Once again, thank you all for your support and forgiveness:)