• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Guitars

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
2,986
Points
38
What's your opinion of Tony Iommi, Skep?
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
he was a very big influence on metal guitar. brought in the 'devils note' (diminished 5th) into regular playing. he was sorta shred before it was shred.

much respect for the guy
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Rusty cooley.... shred god! Flawless technique













Shawn Lane <----- blues shred god



 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
Rusty cooley.... shred god! Flawless technique
I find it funny that a shred god is posting youtube vids from his office. I half expect his mum to interrupt him to come down for dinner.:49:

Agree though, his technique and execution are flawless.
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
hahaha shred guys like him really are the computer nerds of the guitar world!!
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
i love watching those Betcha Cant play this videos when the guys cant even play their own riff properly HAHA
 
Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 15, 2007
Messages
955
Points
36
i love watching those Betcha Cant play this videos when the guys cant even play their own riff properly HAHA

:greddy:

i don't know many guitarists for shit other than your entry level type guys (eg: james hetfield, dimebag, iommi, randy rhoads, ect) where can i find more of these guys hat you have posted in youtube videos here?



oh yeah, and Dean vs Fender? why? :keke:
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
dean Vs fender?

just search Shred guitar on youtube and go from there
 
Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 15, 2007
Messages
955
Points
36
what i ment by that was which brand do you beleive makes a better guitar?

be honest coz im buying a new guitar :uhoh2:
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Theres so many different variables you need to take into consideration when you buy a guitar:

Woods
Size
number of frets
fret height
neck thickness
bridge
pickups

and more... its all up to what you want to play. You could basically use any guitar for any style of music, but its all up to what you're comfortable playing. Dont buy a guitar without giving it a great test drive. The few weeks before you buy a guitar, go into he guitar store and test out a bunch of different guitars and get a good feeling for each of them.
 
thedon

thedon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Nov 20, 2006
Messages
491
Points
16
i love the blues...i love the sound of the slider...b.b king and muddy waters shit like that, great to sit back and relax and throw some blues on....i dont play guitar, is using a slider difficult?...i mean for a guitarist, or is pretty easy to pick up
 
Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 15, 2007
Messages
955
Points
36
the neck/fret board of my guitar needs to be wider :no: mother fuck...
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
why wider mygeeto?

Don - I wouldnt exactly call the technique HARD as such... but like everything when you learn an instrument, it takes certain control to be able to do well.
 
S

Slabbefusk

Active member
Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2007
Messages
29
Points
6
A rule of thumb I go by when buying guitars is that I try them without going into an amp. If they sound good acoustically and play good then they should also sound good going into an amp. If not you can always replace the pickups.
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
IMO most of the sound quality from an Electric guitar is pickups/amp... so if you're buying an electric, then you should play it with the amp model you have, or something similar.
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Bump.

I figured I'd give this thread a bit of a boost.. seeing as there seems to be a few new people here that play guitar :)
 

Similar threads

MrChewiebitums
Replies
3
Views
3K
tim290280
tim290280
Top