• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Guitars

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What's your opinion of Tony Iommi, Skep?

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
he was a very big influence on metal guitar. brought in the 'devils note' (diminished 5th) into regular playing. he was sorta shred before it was shred.

much respect for the guy

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Rusty cooley.... shred god! Flawless technique

Shawn Lane <----- blues shred god

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Rusty cooley.... shred god! Flawless technique
I find it funny that a shred god is posting youtube vids from his office. I half expect his mum to interrupt him to come down for dinner.:49:

Agree though, his technique and execution are flawless.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
hahaha shred guys like him really are the computer nerds of the guitar world!!

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
i love watching those Betcha Cant play this videos when the guys cant even play their own riff properly HAHA

Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i love watching those Betcha Cant play this videos when the guys cant even play their own riff properly HAHA

:greddy:

i don't know many guitarists for shit other than your entry level type guys (eg: james hetfield, dimebag, iommi, randy rhoads, ect) where can i find more of these guys hat you have posted in youtube videos here?

oh yeah, and Dean vs Fender? why? :keke:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
dean Vs fender?

just search Shred guitar on youtube and go from there

Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
what i ment by that was which brand do you beleive makes a better guitar?

be honest coz im buying a new guitar :uhoh2:

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Theres so many different variables you need to take into consideration when you buy a guitar:

Woods
Size
number of frets
fret height
neck thickness
bridge
pickups

and more... its all up to what you want to play. You could basically use any guitar for any style of music, but its all up to what you're comfortable playing. Dont buy a guitar without giving it a great test drive. The few weeks before you buy a guitar, go into he guitar store and test out a bunch of different guitars and get a good feeling for each of them.

thedon

thedon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i love the blues...i love the sound of the slider...b.b king and muddy waters shit like that, great to sit back and relax and throw some blues on....i dont play guitar, is using a slider difficult?...i mean for a guitarist, or is pretty easy to pick up

Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
the neck/fret board of my guitar needs to be wider :no: mother fuck...

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
why wider mygeeto?

Don - I wouldnt exactly call the technique HARD as such... but like everything when you learn an instrument, it takes certain control to be able to do well.

S

Slabbefusk

A rule of thumb I go by when buying guitars is that I try them without going into an amp. If they sound good acoustically and play good then they should also sound good going into an amp. If not you can always replace the pickups.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
IMO most of the sound quality from an Electric guitar is pickups/amp... so if you're buying an electric, then you should play it with the amp model you have, or something similar.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Bump.

I figured I'd give this thread a bit of a boost.. seeing as there seems to be a few new people here that play guitar :)