• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Guitars

Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Not to mention Geddy Lee is Candian :tiphat:
Also, YYZ by Rush is quite possibly one of their best songs.

As far as guitarists go though, I'm partial to more blues inspired artists. Jimi Hendrix, Tommy Iommi, Eddie Van Halen, Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck, Jim Martin, and Slash.

A lot of early metal and music from the New Wave of British Heavy Metal are some of the best IMO.

and Zakk Wylde and Ross Friedman :tiphat:

the heavy metal that emerged from england in the late 70's and during the 80's was some of the best in the world. i really cant get passed Saxon as being one of the typical, yet really awesome old school heavy metal acts from that time. thier best song is probably Crusader or Denim & Leather
(btw, guess where, or who i got my obession with denim and leather from? :tiphat:)

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
image2-1.png

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
im not a big fan of the new wave of heavy metal. There arent very many good metal bands comming out these days.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
they forgot doom metal... Anathema = doom metal :keke:

Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Has anyone here mentioned Stevie Ray?

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Has anyone here mentioned Stevie Ray?

I thought I did in my one post. Must have left him out. He is a great player though. As is the Guitarist from Diamondhead...Can't remember his name right now, but he sounds incrediable in the cover he did of "Am I Evil?" from Metallica. :xyxthumbs:

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Stevie ray.... very honourable mention. despite the fact im not really a fan of his music, he is still brilliant!

VBP

VBP

Stevie Ray is brilliant

What guitars do you guys own? I have Ibanez RG270, but I would prefer les paul-type of guitar

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
look at the first post of this thread... those are my guitars :xyxthumbs: My Ibanez is an RG270. ive replaced the bridge and the bridge pickup though. I need to get someone to dress my frets though

VBP

VBP

look at the first post of this thread... those are my guitars :xyxthumbs: My Ibanez is an RG270. ive replaced the bridge and the bridge pickup though. I need to get someone to dress my frets though

Not bad. I have an seymour duncan SH-13 as a bridgepickup

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
nice ... I have a Dimarzzio X2N.... active pickups get raped by this passive baby

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP

8 finger tapping FTW

Chris Broderick

Glex

Glex

VIP
How about some George Thorogood? :linedrunk:

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
b-b-b-baaaaad.... hehe he doesnt go to badly :xyxthumbs:

Glex

Glex

VIP
Aw come on. First of all, One Bourbon One Scotch One Beer is one of the funniest songs of all time. Secondly, I don't know that anyone can quite match the noises that Lonesome George can create on demand :xyxthumbs:

Oh, by the way, never by a Martin 'X' series acoustic. I had a DXK2 that fell apart. Luckily I got a full refund, but they're junk. If you want a good, cheap acoustic, look into Taylor.

Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ on that note, i would stay well away clear from Ashton Guitars.. and all of thier other instruments as well. they are SHIT.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Aw come on. First of all, One Bourbon One Scotch One Beer is one of the funniest songs of all time. Secondly, I don't know that anyone can quite match the noises that Lonesome George can create on demand :xyxthumbs:

Oh, by the way, never by a Martin 'X' series acoustic. I had a DXK2 that fell apart. Luckily I got a full refund, but they're junk. If you want a good, cheap acoustic, look into Taylor.

Yeah ive heard nothing but bad things about Martin guitars. Im gonna buy a Maton when i eventually get around to buying one, they are great guitars!! That or have a custom one made.

Glex

Glex

VIP
I've heard good things about Martin, just not any that are made with HPL.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
I dont really like the 'juggernaught' guitars lol... oyu know those MASSIVE accoustics