• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Guitars

VBP

VBP

Yeah. Having fun messing around with my guitar. Just played to most of Rock'n'roll hoochie koo. No tabs, chords, notes, anything but ears. Zz Top's heard it on the x should be interesting

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
youve learnt by ear?? nice work mate

Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yeah, thats pretty good, consideirng most the notes sound the same to me :keke:

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The berzerker
Carcass
At the gates
Samael
Therion
Hypocrisy
Bloodbath
PAIN
good metal
( i had more, but i have to sift thru my cds)

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
hehe The Berzerker! nice good ol Aussie grind hahahah

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
hehe The Berzerker! nice good ol Aussie grind hahahah

I bought their DVD The principles and practices of the berzerker lol
2 years ago
its bad ass :)
they dont tour over there though :(

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
they tour my city occasionally... havnt yet been able to see them though :( but im in a band that plays fairly regularly around the brisbane metal scene so i might be able to actually play with them haha

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I reccomend to any metal lover the film Metal: A Headbanger's Journey by a canadian metal-head named Sam Dunn. He's from B.C. and he tours the world and discusses all the aspects of metal in this film. For a documentary, it was pretty interesting. It's deff the rockumentary to top This is Spinal Tap.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
VBP

VBP

youve learnt by ear?? nice work mate

Jeah, most of it. The solo is still quite hard for me to get right. Intro was almost clear to me because played with my friend, but not the verses or chours. Should be playing more by ear, this was fun.

Hmmm... Now having a feeling, that I should play Stam1na.:D Only problem is that those songs need 7-strings

Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
I saw you arguing with Braaq about Kirk Hammet, Skeptic. I didn't see the end of the argument, but I agree with you; Kirk is very good, but in the realm of guitar Gods he's a nobody. Sorry Braaq :dunnodude:

Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^^ Kirk Hammet and Dave Mustaine both. (seeing as how people love to compare the two)

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
I saw you arguing with Braaq about Kirk Hammet, Skeptic. I didn't see the end of the argument, but I agree with you; Kirk is very good, but in the realm of guitar Gods he's a nobody. Sorry Braaq :dunnodude:

hahahaha yeah... I dont even consider Kirk Hammet to be good for the most part lol. but thats just me. Most heavy metal guitarists arent really GOOD... when say compared to jazz/fusion guitarists. Speed is nothing compared to dexterity and technique.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP

Allan Holdsworth = god

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^It's also how Vai gets his cat purr sound he often utilises. By basically pulling the tremolo and just letting it go so it vibrates quickly up and down creating a harsh purring sound.

Thinking of visual guitarists, if you take away the likes of Vai and Satriani's speed which is generally utilising hammer-ons, pull-offs, slides and slurs and whammy manipulation to give the impression of speed (check out Vai: Live at the Astoria for an awesome concert), then one of the most impressive concerts I've seen is Yngwie Malmsteen Live with the New Japan Philharmonic - it's quite difficult to get hold of a copy, but is an absolute masterclass on actual picking speed and guitar virtuouso. Truly mind blowing.

Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
that is the wierdest guitar i've ever seen

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Speed is nothing compared to dexterity and technique.

True, but all 3 is even better. Al di meola (on the jazz side of things) for example and refer to my above post for Malmsteens live concert.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
^It's also how Vai gets his cat purr sound he often utilises. By basically pulling the tremolo and just letting it go so it vibrates quickly up and down creating a harsh purring sound.

Thinking of visual guitarists, if you take away the likes of Vai and Satriani's speed which is generally utilising hammer-ons, pull-offs, slides and slurs and whammy manipulation to give the impression of speed (check out Vai: Live at the Astoria for an awesome concert), then one of the most impressive concerts I've seen is Yngwie Malmsteen Live with the New Japan Philharmonic - it's quite difficult to get hold of a copy, but is an absolute masterclass on actual picking speed and guitar virtuouso. Truly mind blowing.

Ive seen a few pieces from that, it is indeed great! All hail the outlandish swede... creator of neo-classical shred haha :hsughr:

Im not a huge fan of satch... nothing to do with his skill.. i just think his music gets a bit boring and repetitive.

You like Jason Becker Rocky?

Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
how does one create the neoclassical sound on guitar?