• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Guitars

VBP

VBP

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2007
Messages
179
Points
16
Yeah. Having fun messing around with my guitar. Just played to most of Rock'n'roll hoochie koo. No tabs, chords, notes, anything but ears. Zz Top's heard it on the x should be interesting
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
youve learnt by ear?? nice work mate
 
Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 15, 2007
Messages
955
Points
36
yeah, thats pretty good, consideirng most the notes sound the same to me :keke:
 
Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
15,119
Points
73
The berzerker
Carcass
At the gates
Samael
Therion
Hypocrisy
Bloodbath
PAIN
good metal
( i had more, but i have to sift thru my cds)
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
hehe The Berzerker! nice good ol Aussie grind hahahah
 
Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
15,119
Points
73
hehe The Berzerker! nice good ol Aussie grind hahahah

I bought their DVD The principles and practices of the berzerker lol
2 years ago
its bad ass :)
they dont tour over there though :(
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
they tour my city occasionally... havnt yet been able to see them though :( but im in a band that plays fairly regularly around the brisbane metal scene so i might be able to actually play with them haha
 
Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
2,986
Points
38
I reccomend to any metal lover the film Metal: A Headbanger's Journey by a canadian metal-head named Sam Dunn. He's from B.C. and he tours the world and discusses all the aspects of metal in this film. For a documentary, it was pretty interesting. It's deff the rockumentary to top This is Spinal Tap.
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
VBP

VBP

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2007
Messages
179
Points
16
youve learnt by ear?? nice work mate

Jeah, most of it. The solo is still quite hard for me to get right. Intro was almost clear to me because played with my friend, but not the verses or chours. Should be playing more by ear, this was fun.

Hmmm... Now having a feeling, that I should play Stam1na.:D Only problem is that those songs need 7-strings
 
Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
1,757
Points
61
I saw you arguing with Braaq about Kirk Hammet, Skeptic. I didn't see the end of the argument, but I agree with you; Kirk is very good, but in the realm of guitar Gods he's a nobody. Sorry Braaq :dunnodude:
 
Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 15, 2007
Messages
955
Points
36
^^^ Kirk Hammet and Dave Mustaine both. (seeing as how people love to compare the two)
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
I saw you arguing with Braaq about Kirk Hammet, Skeptic. I didn't see the end of the argument, but I agree with you; Kirk is very good, but in the realm of guitar Gods he's a nobody. Sorry Braaq :dunnodude:

hahahaha yeah... I dont even consider Kirk Hammet to be good for the most part lol. but thats just me. Most heavy metal guitarists arent really GOOD... when say compared to jazz/fusion guitarists. Speed is nothing compared to dexterity and technique.
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38




Allan Holdsworth = god
 
R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 15, 2006
Messages
8,082
Points
63
^It's also how Vai gets his cat purr sound he often utilises. By basically pulling the tremolo and just letting it go so it vibrates quickly up and down creating a harsh purring sound.

Thinking of visual guitarists, if you take away the likes of Vai and Satriani's speed which is generally utilising hammer-ons, pull-offs, slides and slurs and whammy manipulation to give the impression of speed (check out Vai: Live at the Astoria for an awesome concert), then one of the most impressive concerts I've seen is Yngwie Malmsteen Live with the New Japan Philharmonic - it's quite difficult to get hold of a copy, but is an absolute masterclass on actual picking speed and guitar virtuouso. Truly mind blowing.
 
Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 15, 2007
Messages
955
Points
36
that is the wierdest guitar i've ever seen
 
R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 15, 2006
Messages
8,082
Points
63
Speed is nothing compared to dexterity and technique.

True, but all 3 is even better. Al di meola (on the jazz side of things) for example and refer to my above post for Malmsteens live concert.
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
^It's also how Vai gets his cat purr sound he often utilises. By basically pulling the tremolo and just letting it go so it vibrates quickly up and down creating a harsh purring sound.

Thinking of visual guitarists, if you take away the likes of Vai and Satriani's speed which is generally utilising hammer-ons, pull-offs, slides and slurs and whammy manipulation to give the impression of speed (check out Vai: Live at the Astoria for an awesome concert), then one of the most impressive concerts I've seen is Yngwie Malmsteen Live with the New Japan Philharmonic - it's quite difficult to get hold of a copy, but is an absolute masterclass on actual picking speed and guitar virtuouso. Truly mind blowing.

Ive seen a few pieces from that, it is indeed great! All hail the outlandish swede... creator of neo-classical shred haha :hsughr:

Im not a huge fan of satch... nothing to do with his skill.. i just think his music gets a bit boring and repetitive.

You like Jason Becker Rocky?
 
Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 15, 2007
Messages
955
Points
36
how does one create the neoclassical sound on guitar?
 

Similar threads

MrChewiebitums
Replies
3
Views
3K
tim290280
tim290280
Top