• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

I'm Back

Palmetto

Palmetto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What about upright rows and shoulder presses man! AAGH! LOL naw just suggestions man.

Ben, thanks for the suggestions, I will work those in next friday. Like I said, I had to do some stuff w/ my buisness b/c I'm trying to get it off the ground. It's been crazy. But I will throw those in just for you next session big boy. To everyone else, thanks for keeping up w/ my log. I will try and get on here as much as I can but my computer has been sent to dell to get fixed before I head back to school. Ok guys, see ya'll later, I'm off to church!

TrueOutlaw

TrueOutlaw

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
good work palmetto keep it up bro

Palmetto

Palmetto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey guys, sorry I haven't posted in a while, my computer was fucked so I had to send it back to dell. But, I've got it back and here is yesterday's Chest and Bi session.

7/24/06

Russian Bench Program- 4x4-200 lbs. Drop set with 135 did that 18x.
Standing Bicep Cable Curls- 10x110 lbs., 10x120 lbs., 10x130 lbs. (Move up 10 lbs. next session.)
DB Incline- 10x55 lbs., 10x60 lbs., 8x65 lbs. (Move up 5 lbs. next session.)
Standing E-Z Bar Curls- 10x75 lbs., 10x85 lbs., 10x95 lbs. (Move up 10 lbs. next session.)
Cable Cross Over Flies- 10x70 lbs., 10x80 lbs., 6x90 lbs. (Don't know what happened on that last set, my pecs just died on me.)
Hammer Curls- 40-5 lbs. 7x with 10 sec. rest b/w sets. (Move up 5 lbs.)
DB Flies- 10x30 lbs., 8x35 lbs., 6x40 lbs.
21's- 65, 70, 75 lbs.

I had a great session on monday. This felt really well and my bi's and pec's are sore today because of it. I'm off to my leg session, I'll post that up later. Peace!

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Palmetto said:
Hey guys, sorry I haven't posted in a while, my computer was fucked so I had to send it back to dell. But, I've got it back and here is yesterday's Chest and Bi session.

7/24/06

Russian Bench Program- 4x4-200 lbs. Drop set with 135 did that 18x.
Standing Bicep Cable Curls- 10x110 lbs., 10x120 lbs., 10x130 lbs. (Move up 10 lbs. next session.)
DB Incline- 10x55 lbs., 10x60 lbs., 8x65 lbs. (Move up 5 lbs. next session.)
Standing E-Z Bar Curls- 10x75 lbs., 10x85 lbs., 10x95 lbs. (Move up 10 lbs. next session.)
Cable Cross Over Flies- 10x70 lbs., 10x80 lbs., 6x90 lbs. (Don't know what happened on that last set, my pecs just died on me.)
Hammer Curls- 40-5 lbs. 7x with 10 sec. rest b/w sets. (Move up 5 lbs.)
DB Flies- 10x30 lbs., 8x35 lbs., 6x40 lbs.
21's- 65, 70, 75 lbs.

I had a great session on monday. This felt really well and my bi's and pec's are sore today because of it. I'm off to my leg session, I'll post that up later. Peace!

Great workout buddy. IMO you're trying VERY hard standing biceps curls, you should do that much ligther...

In waht week of Russian are you?

Palmetto

Palmetto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
IMO you're trying VERY hard standing biceps curls, you should do that much ligther...

What you mean I'm trying very hard? Are you saying that if I'm struggling to get that weight on E-Z bar curls? Then I need to back it down? If so, that weight is releitively easy, I usually do a 10,8,6 rep for every excersize. I dont know what has been going on lately but I have felt strong as hell. So I figure up the weight until I can only do 6 reps on the last set. BTW I'm on my 6th week of the Russian.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Palmetto said:
What you mean I'm trying very hard? Are you saying that if I'm struggling to get that weight on E-Z bar curls? Then I need to back it down? If so, that weight is releitively easy, I usually do a 10,8,6 rep for every excersize. I dont know what has been going on lately but I have felt strong as hell. So I figure up the weight until I can only do 6 reps on the last set. BTW I'm on my 6th week of the Russian.

Nope mate, I think I should explain it better. IMO this exercice should be done with light weights, not only you, all guys aorund the world.

But remember this is only my opinion, I think it could hurt very badly your bi's.

Believe, you are doing an excelent work. :yarly:

Palmetto

Palmetto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hmmm...interesting. Why do you feel with light weights?

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Palmetto said:
Hmmm...interesting. Why do you feel with light weights?

Why do I feel? I don't know if I'm understanding you well. Ok, doing the exercice with light weights allows you to go high reps and feeling the muscle work.

If u go with heavy weights you'll be just pulling like a beast and probably hurting your bi's, I couldn't explain it better, but machine curls should be done slowly and light. The objetive of that movement is just pump up the muscle, not destroy the muscle.

Hope I could help.

Palmetto

Palmetto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hold up...which exersize are you talking about? I was taking about E-Z bar curls. Freeweights. Not E-Z bar cable curls. But I'm not pulling that hard on those either.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Palmetto said:
Ben, thanks for the suggestions, I will work those in next friday. Like I said, I had to do some stuff w/ my buisness b/c I'm trying to get it off the ground. It's been crazy. But I will throw those in just for you next session big boy. To everyone else, thanks for keeping up w/ my log. I will try and get on here as much as I can but my computer has been sent to dell to get fixed before I head back to school. Ok guys, see ya'll later, I'm off to church!
:2: YEA BUDDY! Thats awesome bro! Glad u went to church too!:yarly: Your session was great too man! Presses an barbells thats where its at for size my friend!
Keep it up!
AND

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Palmetto said:
Hold up...which exersize are you talking about? I was taking about E-Z bar curls. Freeweights. Not E-Z bar cable curls. But I'm not pulling that hard on those either.

Oh, my bad. I was taking about CABLE CURLS. E-Z bar curls could be done with heavy weights, IMO, but take care of your lower back!!! :yarly:

Palmetto

Palmetto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yea, I make sure I use proper form when I lift. If I feel bad form, I lower the weight until I make sure I lifting with the proper form. Here we go for today's session:

Legs
7/25/06

Russian Squat Program- 5x5 255 lbs. (85% 1RM) NEW MAX-315. I felt good after my 5x5 session so I decided to try and get all I could so I managed to get 315 AFTER my workout. (Thats a 15 lbs. increase from 5 weeks ago when I started this program. I still have 4 more weeks left of it!)
Leg Extension- 10x120 lbs., 8x130 lbs., 6x140 lbs.
Laying Leg Curl- 10x100 lbs., 10x110 lbs., 8x120 lbs. (Up 10 lbs. next session.)
One Legged Leg Press- 10x125 lbs., 8x135 lbs., 6x145 lbs. (This was a little different, but I felt it worked good, first time I have done them.)
Standing Calf Raises- 3x15 90 lbs.

Since I got a new squat max I will adjust my squat program as necissary.

4x4 (90% 1RM)- 285 lbs.
3x3 (95% 1RM)- 300 lbs.
2x2 (100% 1RM)- 315 lbs.
1x1 (105%)- Hopefully 330 lbs**

There we go boys, a little long post but oh well, I was excited. PEACE!

MexicanMuscle

MexicanMuscle

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
wow, awesome program man! and u got great numbers. those squats are killer. keep it up!

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
HOLY SHIT LOOK AT THEM SQUATS!!! Hell yea bro thats what I'm talking about. Them one leg presses arent a joke either man, pushing some serious weight on this leg day man, next week I wanna see even more weight baby!!!! That Chest and Biceps session was excellent as well man! You only got 20lbs to go on them DB Inclines and you got me!!! I expect you to keep chuggin towards me man!!! I wanna see some results like crazy in this piece, good luck bro and keep on truckin

Palmetto

Palmetto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Today was back and tri's day, I did a few new excersizes since tweak gave me some suggestions and I also did a superset which I felt worked quite well. Here we go:

7/26/06
Back and Tris

DB Rows- 10x70 lbs., 8x75 lbs., 6x80 lbs.
Straight Bar Tri. PD- 10x120 lbs., 10x130 lbs., 10x140 lbs. (Move up 10 lbs. next session. I also did these b/c Tweak introdued me to them, I should get out more.)
Seated Narrow Grip Rows- 10x110 lbs., 10x110 lbs., 10x120 lbs. (Move up 10 lbs. next session.)
Skull Bashers- 10x75 lbs., 8x80 lbs., 6x85 lbs.
Super Set with:
Dips- 20xBW, 10x25 lbs., 15xBW (That was killer.)
Hammer Strenth Lat Pulldown- 10x95 lbs., 8x130 lbs., 6x155 lbs.
Wide Grip Pull-Ups- 5,4,4 (BIG improvement from last time I did these. Last time was 2,1, and then 1/2.)

There we go, a very good workout expecially for my back I felt. Those wide grip pullups really topped it off. Time to eat!

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Feeling the work in your back and having it pumped and aching afterwards is the hardest part about training it correctly. Good job bro and nicely done when it comes to pumping up those numbers :weightlifter:

CJU

CJU

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
my god, look at those dips and squats!!! good shit!

MexicanMuscle

MexicanMuscle

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
awesome session there pal! u got some great numbers. those rows are looking nice and heavy, and those dips are amazing. keep it up man!

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
hell yea Palmetto my main squeeze thats great right there. Supersetting all the way baby and still hitting that many dips is CRAAAAZZY!! You did 30 reps total that first set, intense man! I can tell you really fried your triceps, not too mention that brutality your back too, tomorrow your gonna wake up and feel great! lol. You rest up man, I got something for you tomorrow man, be sure to check it out, Evo has inspired me to do some crazy shit!