• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Jay Cutler to Retire?

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
After the fantastic dethroning of Jay Cutler by Dexter Jackson and Heath obviously robbed of second place, the question now is: "Will Jay retire?"

In my opinion he should. It will just be an uphill battle for him with guys like Martinez and Green returning, Wolf getting better, Dex having tasted victory and Heath with his unlimited potential..

Would like to read your comments...

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
I think he retires next year after the O

P

PiC

my guess is the same i think he will retire or he should retire cuz he can make a lot of money without any pro contest.it will be very hard or impossible for him to make a comeback.just look at ronny last year.injuries can not be repaired..

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
my guess is the same i think he will retire or he should retire cuz he can make a lot of money without any pro contest.it will be very hard or impossible for him to make a comeback.just look at ronny last year.injuries can not be repaired..

Where have you heard that Jay is injured?

Z

Zoknat

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
thats what he said this year:
if i win i won't retire. If i lose i won't retire.

This will not be my last olympia. I feel better this year than last year and i'm obligated to continue because i'm traveling less and training more this year. I honestly feel way better than last year at this point.

So to answer your question, i'll be on the olympia stage in 2009. win, lose or draw i'll be there.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
You can tell from the contest pics. Still, it hardly looks like anything serious and after seeing the form he displayed on Saturday night I still think he's a more than capable bodybuilder. Obviously he's still a contender so he should return.

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He needs to revamp a little....try and control the waistline as much as he can and come in smaller if its possible with better condition.

Jay is the odd ball on stage now.....he stands out like a sore thumb. I mean the mass era has come to an end as we clearly witnessed friday/saturday evening. If he wants to make next year interesting hes gotta make the necessary adjustments, if there even possible at this stage.

A

Achilles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He should quit before it gets worse. The competitions are gonna be much heavier with the new upcomming talents.

P

PiC

well is nothing officially but he has that knee injury that damaged his muscle, thats why his quads are not equal in size.he said in a interview that the injury didnt effect his training or size but i think its not true. the same as ronie said with the back and shit before the 07 Mr O and it turned out not to be in his favour.who knows what injuries he might have.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
after thinking about it i think he WONT quit

1 year in the shadows, no traveling, no living large, and no night life, and we will see, jay's best results came when he was in 2nd place hungry for 1st, he is a warrior, he will come back

MarkoB

MarkoB

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I hope he will not. I'd still like to see him on stage

J

Joker

Jay is a very good competitor. I don't think he is going to retire now. Not in 2008 or 2009. Maybe in 2010 but time will tell :)

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
idk but from zoknat's post he'll more than likley be around for next years olympia even though i really think he should highly consider retirement

Cutler

Cutler

Retire?Why????

Beacause of this bullshit??...

curtisymoo

curtisymoo

Jay Cutler:
great guy
great promoter
great contributer to the sport
idol in the sport
represents hard work
still a contender for the mr o (maybe not win it but still place high)

shouldnt retire yet, one or 2 more go's i think

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
Guys even though I take the piss a little in my avatar etc I dont really think we are at the end of the mass era. Jay came out of shape on the first night of judging and thats what cost him. If he showed up like he did on second night on the first he would of been given the nod. No question. Jay would be silly to try and drastically come in aesthetic next year his biggest advantage is his size its just two years in a row he has peaked too late.

R

Ruhlforever

Jay will return but scenario will be so difficult, just imagine the insertion or Victor Martinez, just imagine a better Phil with 10 more pounds of quality beef without loosing waist, Dennis Wolf improving his back, calves and overall mass, what about a different Ronnie with everything recovered with less pouns of mass maybe 250 pounds, and what about Dexter Jackson fighting to add more pounds with his crazy waist, incredible serratus, etc, etc,etc. So difficult, Jay must analyze a different strategy and trying to make corrections as loosing weigth and gain detalis, definition and not carrying WATER.

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
To retire after being losing the Mr.O Title? - No

Cutler will/should come back at next years Mr.O andre-try for the title,
he needs to rework his game plan and fix afew issues to get himself back on the right track

Best of luck to cutler in 2009