• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Jay vs Ronnie (2006 Olympia-Basic Poses)

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
2006olympia pre men150 1

2006olympia pre men150 1
2006olympia pre men153 1
2006olympia pre men153
2006olympia pre men158
2006olympia pre men194
2006olympia pre men195
2006olympia pre men198
2006olympia pre men199
2006olympia pre men207

2006olympia pre men150 1
2006olympia pre men153 1
2006olympia pre men153
2006olympia pre men158
2006olympia pre men194
2006olympia pre men195
2006olympia pre men198
2006olympia pre men199
2006olympia pre men207

Front Relaxed

Front double bi

Front latspread

Side chest

Back double bi

Back latspread

Side triceps

Abs & Thighs

Most muscular

Last edited by a moderator:
Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
I'll even be a nice guy and give Jay rear lat spread but it doesn't matter; Ronnie has this year won pretty much hands down.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My analysis

Front relaxed: Ron chest is better, Cutler is wider, Ronnie's legs are probably a bit bigger and Cutler's are more detailed. Close.

Front double bi: Ron arms are better are more simmetrical BUT he has a noticeable nasty GUT. Jay is very very very very wide but his chest is flatter than Ron's. Jay owns Ron in legs in this pose.

Front latspread: same here. Ron chest is better, Ron has a bad midsection this year, Jay legs are more proportioned and detailed.

Side chest: Jay is closer than in any other past contest in this pose. Ronnie is still better, but they are very very close, could be the pic though. Leg detail is aprox the same from the side.

Back double bi: same as the next one. (Edit) I just noticed this: Ronnie's upper traps are gone (take a look at his neck, were traps finish). Also Jay's delts seem bigger but Ron biceps peaks are still amazing.

Back lastpread: yeah baby. Ron still has the maturity and density in the lower back but Jay is wider, his traps are a little bit bigger and his lats are way better than Ron's. Coleman's left lat is smaller than his right one. Jay destroys (literally) Coleman in hams and calves detail. OH yeah, I forgot, Ron's glutes are bigger, but I wouldn't say more ripped than Jay's.

Side tri: Coleman's doesn't appear too bad here, probably one of his bests. Jay seems soft there (could be the pic, I supose). Ron seems to have a little more leg detail this time form the side.

Abs & Thigs: what can I say? I put my eyes on Jay's lats again. They are wider. Ron legs are bigger and more vascular, but Jay still got him on the detail issue.

Most muscular: Ron is great here, he still manage to appear as a true monster. Very good balance between upper traps, chest, delts (ripped!) and freaky arms. Jay looks very good here, but it seems he needs to ry up more his arms (yeah, strange thing). His chest looks great and his upper traps are unreal.

Ok, that's all folks. I've selected the pics I considered they were both at their best and I've tried to analyse it as good as I can.

EDIT: added some text in back poses.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Line said:
I'll even be a nice guy and give Jay rear lat spread but it doesn't matter; Ronnie has this year won pretty much hands down.

I don't want "Cuts out baby, Jay has won" or "He got the 9th in his pocket" answers.

I want ANALYSIS. Please, I pray to all of u, discurs this seriously. Tnx.

zdub311

zdub311

i truely think that jay has got him this year guys...
his detail puts ron to shame, rons legs are MUCH freakier and bigger than jays but bigger is not going to win him the show this year...truely...i think jay has got it, his conditioning and muscle detail is his best yet.

Spike

Spike

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i should say that jay has his 2001 conditioning on

D

danimalmax22

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
it appears to me that ron's conditioning is insane compared to jays, the only thing that slightly shocked me was ron's back, otherwise ron has him in all poses, ron's conditioning and vascularity kills jays' especially in the first pic

PUMBA

PUMBA

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm going with Ronnie, Jays back would have dominated Ronnies if he came in dryer. there is a big difference in Vascularity, Jay is not very vascular at all.
I think there are some wild cards that can't be overlooked though Troy Alves looks amazing for one:e5dunno: .

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
PUMBA said:
Jays back would have dominated Ronnies if he came in dryer

You must be joking. Jay back is wider, bigger, more simmetrical and drier, much drier than Ronnie's. Check back duble bi pose.

Spike

Spike

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
mvsf1 said:
You must be joking. Jay back is wider, bigger, more simmetrical and drier, much drier than Ronnie's. Check back duble bi pose.
yep ronnies back is watery in the back double bicep pose,jay owns ronnies back

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
D

danimalmax22

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
why does jay always have back wrinkles?

T

trulyhuge

This is getting rediculous! We have Cutler fans bashing Ronnie and Ronnie fans bashing Cutler. I am a neutral in terms of liking the two, but guys cmon, Ronnie is bigger, fuller, and has a more complete package.

TH

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
trulyhuge said:
Ronnie is bigger, fuller, and has a more complete package.

Where is him bigger???

Yeah, he has fuller chest but... where are his calves, where are his tri's, where are his upper traps???

Why does him have gut, why he can't rip his hams like in the past???

Ok, I'll stop, but think only a bit, Great Coleman fans:

Ronnie is losing the pose for which he is know more: The back latspread. He is considered to have the best latspread in the history, I consider him the best there BY FAR, lightyears in fomr of Dorian. But this year he bring bad back poses. It says nothing to you???

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The crowd went SILENT when Ronnie did his rear lat spread for the first time.

Spike

Spike

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
the back double bicep is worse than ever as well

PUMBA

PUMBA

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:e5dunno:
mvsf1 said:
Where is him bigger???

Yeah, he has fuller chest but... where are his calves, where are his tri's, where are his upper traps???

Why does him have gut, why he can't rip his hams like in the past???

Ok, I'll stop, but think only a bit, Great Coleman fans:

Ronnie is losing the pose for which he is know more: The back latspread. He is considered to have the best latspread in the history, I consider him the best there BY FAR, lightyears in fomr of Dorian. But this year he bring bad back poses. It says nothing to you???

:eek5nono: Fuck... at the start of this thread, you said you want discussion and peoples opinions, then when anyone says they like Ronnie, you start this shit or asking me if am I joking about what I said, if I was joking it will have one of these :bowroflarms: you have an opinion I have mine, yours is wrong :bowroflarms: see that was joking.

If you want a "we love Jay thread" start one and we'll leave you to talk shit with each other.:e5dunno:

gv0861

gv0861

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
As I look at the pics a bit closer, I see that both guys have advantages over each other. I think that Jay is drier and I do like the striations on his thighs even when he is standing relaxed. Ronnie, of course has him in the mass dept. and his vascularity is commendable. I think Jay has made some improvements in the aesthetic dept., but those abs are a little strange looking. Very ripped, but strange nonetheless. Ronnie's back ( one of his weapons )has lost a lot of detail, while Jay's has gained . The bicep/tricep separation in that shot particularly is a lot more evident on Jay than on Ron.
In looking at the pics of the prejudging on another site, I noticed that Ronnie lost detail as the night went on while Jay just got tighter.A lot of the commentators stated that and the pics back it up.
I am not going to venture on a prediction because the evening show is still to come, but the last word falls on whatever the judges are looking for. As I said in another post, whoever they choose, they better have solid justification for doing so,or the fans are going to be pretty upset .
By the way, I like the way Toni Freeman is looking. Could use more mass for his frame ( an extra 30 lbs would make him look like unreal if he doesn't ruin his waistline ) but he does look pretty good.
Finally, I miss Lee, Heath and King ( Just kidding on the last one folks )

Last edited by a moderator:
FOOTBALL FAN

FOOTBALL FAN

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
to me Cutler wins on lat spread his back is wider and his calfs look better, but big Ron has won his vascularity is much better his arms look bigger and his forearms his abs look better as well big Ron has won no doubt

Spike

Spike

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i just noticed that jay is hitting his side chest with his left side he usually hits it with his right side

Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
all hail the 9 times Mr O winner pls :)