• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Lost

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ So I should not watch something in order to see if I will enjoy it??

Sorry but that logic doesn't make sense to me.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ So we should only have positive things to say about any movie or TV show that we watch? :doh:

The FUCK ??

You completely misunderstood me. You can post your opinion, who cares. But once you accomplished that why do you keep trying to force your opinion into others who enjoy something you do not ?

THAT'S what I mean. Post your opinion, respect others who are against it. Don't keep posting negative shit on and on and on. That's bad even in an online environment.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ No I think you didn't bother to read my post. I had just seen the start of the new season on TV and had posted a critique. My previous posts had been about the rest of the series that I had seen and why I had lost interest (no pun intended). I only watched the begining of this new season because of positive comments made in threads like this. Hence my disgust at wasting my time.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ No I think you didn't bother to read my post. I had just seen the start of the new season on TV and had posted a critique. My previous posts had been about the rest of the series that I had seen and why I had lost interest (no pun intended). I only watched the begining of this new season because of positive comments made in threads like this. Hence my disgust at wasting my time.

It appears we are in a conundrum. Let's engage in rough violent homoerotic sex now please, to avoid further misunderstandings.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
LOST is the best tv series ever! .

every episode makes me want to watch the next! it's brilliant.

I agree that season 3 was a bit boring, but it was necessary.the series lost some attencion there.

But last season was very very good! and this one is even better.

Some misterys are falling like coconuts in Big Z's homeland, I can't wait to see yesterdays episode tonight!

LOST is far superior to every other series, watch it from ep.1 to now and you will love. no doubt!

hey and there's more till 2010!! :borat:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
LOST is the best tv series ever! .

every episode makes me want to watch the next! it's brilliant.

I agree that season 3 was a bit boring, but it was necessary.the series lost some attencion there.

But last season was very very good! and this one is even better.

Some misterys are falling like coconuts in Big Z's homeland, I can't wait to see yesterdays episode tonight!

LOST is far superior to every other series, watch it from ep.1 to now and you will love. no doubt!

hey and there's more till 2010!! :borat:
:bowroflarms::bowroflarms::bowroflarms:

That's funny stuff man!

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Epic bump.

I just saw seasons 1-6 these last few months... Yeah, yeah im late but atleast i could watch as many episodes i wanted.

Great series IMO. I was'nt lost at with the show, i loved most of the Characters. John Locke's character development was brilliant, he was constantly evolving yet being himself. Most characters that i got sick of also evolved a bit in the 5'th season and they became much more likeable... except for kate.. Evangeline Lilly's character was so bad, 6 seasons and not a single bit of development, ugh... she's hot though heheheheh.

I loved the series but i felt like they totally dropped the ball with the ending. I was'nt confused one bit during the entire show but the ending left me with questions.. the last part itself is self explanatory but it raised questions as to what was happening prior to the ending. I won't get into it because I'm not leaving spoilers incase someone hasnt finished it but wants to.

I never watch tv series because they become really redundant and i always have to wait a long ass time to see another episode. The last series i saw was Prison Break on DVD (i hate watching them on tv), the 1st season was great but the rest was just lame. Even though lost got a bit redundant, i loved how they constantly revealed story pieces that were hinted to in the beginning of the show, it gave the story a lot of depth and made it clear that the writers really thought things through looking forward into all of the seasons as opposed to thinking from season to season, seems like they came up with the entire 6 season story before production began.

I watch Dexter once in a while.. I like it, its fun but the characters are so shallow. I almost stopped watching it after a few episodes because of how weak all the characters were except for dexter. They are all predictable and all have an exaggerated personality. I totally hate dexter's sister in that show, such a predictable bratt.. geez. Some of the characters in Lost, John Locke for example, make the characters in Dexter, and many other tv shows ive seen, seem like cartoon characters.

Last edited:
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree that watching this show on DVD would be a great way to watch it. 6 years is a long time to drag that shit out. Whereas back-to-back you'd feel like the story was actually moving places, albeit slowly.

But I'll reiterate a point I made before about Lost: charcter development, story arcs, etc; these are not new things exclusive to Lost. In fact these are the basis of any decent TV show. Personally I think that Lost has one of the least involving and slowest moving stories on TV (aside from daytime soapies, which I also abore). The characters were nothing amazing, in fact the ensemble casting was poorly done and only saught to slow the already slow pace of the series down even further with its continuous use of flashbacks. I also think that the story arc is laughably simple and boring, especially given how lauded it is. I'm betting that a lot of the mystery of the series was lost (pun intended) when you watched the series in one hit rather than in episodic form over 6 years. Why? Because there was no real mystery, just drip feeding of plot.

Last edited:
Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
say what got you thinking at the end dilated, no spoiler fear.

Lost was the best ever IMO.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
but Dexter is my favourite tv show, so good. And I love Dex's sister for ****ing sake!

thank god Michael C. Hall beated cancer.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Have you ever watched anything decent, like Deadwood or X-Files or The Wire or Justified or the first season of The Shield!?!

Those shows piss all over the soapy style crap of Lost and Prison Break.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Have you ever watched anything decent, like Deadwood or X-Files or The Wire or Justified or the first season of The Shield!?!

- I've watched the whole X-Files series, yeah, I agree it's simply amazing.

- I don't like the Wire, even if the plot is good, I was bored of "****, nigger, mother****er, son of a *****" thing in the first season.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
^ easy on the language lol

Seems like most of the issues you have with Lost have to do with prefferance. I liked the slow style more then the episode to episode stories at times. When my g/f comes over we'll watch dexter coz the story arcs are short and fun but by myself i enjoyed Lost a lot. Sometimes the soapy-ness was a bit annoying since it felt like the show couldve done without many elements but they added them to make the series last and milk a bit but even some of the relationships were interesting and cool (Sawer and most of the chicks lol, Sun and Jin, Bernard and Black woman) some were extremely annoying [Sheppard and kate (sometimes), Charlie and Claire]. The reason i kept watching was because ther pro's outweighed the con's IMO.

I cant watch justified. After Hitman, i dont even want to see that actors face. I know its immature but Hitman was just so bad and i will forever assosciate olyphant with that movie.

What do you think about Breaking Bad? I was thinking about watching it after a few seasons go by so i can just watch it through netflix or Hulu back to back.

Another TV series i saw not too long ago was Twin Peaks... It started off great but the teen angst BS was so annoying and the show got really inconsistent... not to mention the cliff hanger final episode :/

Last edited:
philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Lost and the first season of Prison Break are just the best ever.

The ending of prisonbreak was some damn lame fuuuuu!

Although the fist season was great. Lost is a greats as well and I have to add one serie, Gray's anatomy. Must see!

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Seems like most of the issues you have with Lost have to do with prefferance. I liked the slow style more then the episode to episode stories at times. When my g/f comes over we'll watch dexter coz the story arcs are short and fun but by myself i enjoyed Lost a lot. Sometimes the soapy-ness was a bit annoying since it felt like the show couldve done without many elements but they added them to make the series last and milk a bit but even some of the relationships were interesting and cool (Sawer and most of the chicks lol, Sun and Jin, Bernard and Black woman) some were extremely annoying [Sheppard and kate (sometimes), Charlie and Claire]. The reason i kept watching was because ther pro's outweighed the con's IMO.

I cant watch justified. After Hitman, i dont even want to see that actors face. I know its immature but Hitman was just so bad and i will forever assosciate olyphant with that movie.

What do you think about Breaking Bad? I was thinking about watching it after a few seasons go by so i can just watch it through netflix or Hulu back to back.

Another TV series i saw not too long ago was Twin Peaks... It started off great but the teen angst BS was so annoying and the show got really inconsistent... not to mention the cliff hanger final episode :/
I wouldn't have called it preference, but it could be viewed as such. If Lost had not been a major show on a major network that was marketed hard by everyone then it would never have gotten past the first 10 episodes. You look at something like Firefly which was truely innovative that didn't have network support and you see a show that got canned quickly despite its superiority.

There is a general marketing ploy that is used in media, that if done correctly will sell ice to eskimos, or at least have them buy a fridge. This is basically saturation exposure. Watch, listen or read about something often enough and you will come to like it regardless of any actual quality on the part of the media in question. Now you can't sell utter shit, but if you do something average then it suddenly becomes the most amazing thing ever, despite not even coming close.

edit: I was thinking about your point about liking slower paced shows while I was making lunch. I agree that if you are liking endless exposition and fleshing out of single moments as a motif then Lost would be very entertaining. I just can't see how this could be interesting as I feel this lacks a dynamic. Basically you end up treading the same ground week in week out. But some people love the proceedural crime drama's because of this formulae, while I can only watch a few before it becomes all too predictable. /edit

I'm not sure about Breaking Bad. I've liked the episodes I've watched but I still haven't bothered to get the rest of the series. I think that says it all really, good, but I could take it or leave it. Ditto The Wire. I was religious with that up until they killed off Stringer Bell.

mvsf1 said:
- I've watched the whole X-Files series, yeah, I agree it's simply amazing.

- I don't like the Wire, even if the plot is good, I was bored of "****, nigger, mother****er, son of a *****" thing in the first season.
So you would honestly rate X-Files lower than Lost? Because I don't think Lost is even in the same league, it is amateur in comparison.

Philo said:
Although the fist season was great. Lost is a greats as well and I have to add one serie, Gray's anatomy. Must see!
You know how I know you're gay?

Last edited:
dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
I agree that some things were predictable yet i have not seen a single tv series that didnt have predictable elements but then again i dont watch many so thats not saying much. Sometimes things were only predictable moments before they happened. For example, John Locke becoming paralyzed, it was predictable right before it happened but it was more of a revelation to me then "i know whats gonna happen" type of feeling. It was more like a "oh shit, i think i know how it happened". Like i said before, i liked how it was apparent with eatch revelation that the writers thought through all 6 seasons. Again, i really liked John Locke's character development, i felt like it was really well done, he went from one state of mind to another and stayed likeable throughou all his different changes.

Honestly if it wasn't for his character i wouldn't have liked the series as much it felt like he was the glue holding everything together. Although nobody matched him in the show, there were still some good characters behind him that kept things interesting between episodes except for a few stale characters (Kate, Claire, Charlie, and a few other characters who didnt develope much until the later seasons) who were far too predictable, immature, and lacked depth. Many of the characters i liked from the beginning but grew stale yet some who i did not like in the beginning grew on me over the seasons.

While you are righ about the whole mystery mess... There was always ambiguity as to what the hell is going on in the present but there was so much content for each character that it kept me going. I think one of the reasons things were so drawn out was because they invested a lot of time with eatch individual character with their own story as opposed to just following one or two main characters.

Do you really think lost was that bad or do you just feel like it was overrated? I feel like this is the Avatar situation all over again. Obviously things that are hyped up are usually not as good as they are made up to be once you break it down but there are still legitimate reasons as to why people enjoyed them so much. Like with avatar, comparing it to some of my favorite movies makes it look like shit but watching it i still felt like when i was a kid watching the lion king. Going Off Topic;Although its not similar to the lion king (more like Pocahontas) it gave me the same feeling of just sitting and watching a simple good vs bad with pretty awe inspiring visuals. Aside from its failed messages of oil and war, it was mostly accused of being cliche'... I really didnt mind it being cliche' since it kinda took me back to watching the cheesy movies i used to watch as a kid. Back on Topic : You were skeptical about Avatar because of its hype and ,if i remember correctly, your first read impressions were from a member here who broke down the movie to the standarts of some of the best movies in which case its kind of un-enjoyable by that point. Were you skeptical about Lost's hype and the outragious coments made about it that you did the same thing Line (was it line?) did with avatar by breaking it down to the standards of some of the best tv series you've watched there for making the con's of the show stand out ?

Maybe at its core, its not that great but there are so many tv shows that are not nearly as good yet are enjoyed by many, regardless of their downfalls. I used to watch firefly but i really couldn't appreciate it, i liked it but at that point in my life i couldnt really appreciate quality since i was young and had pretty low standards towards entertainment. I've never seen anything like lost before where there is so much involved where all the characters and story arcs are woven into an entire 6 season show. Hype can be a phenomenon where there are highly polaryzing opinions. The people who appreciate it get so involved that they make bloated claims that end up making the people who were neither here nor there end up hating the show/movie/game/band etc.. because they held the quality to a high standard due to the bloated claims to which it will almost always fall short.

EDIT: i couldn't watch the x-files coz i was young and it's theme freaked me the hell out at night.

Man i have a lot of spelling errors in here lol

Last edited:
Anabolicus

Anabolicus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Breaking Bad > Lost, Prison Break

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ I was actually looking forward to Lost, as I was glad that they were going to have a big budget sci-fi TV show that was likely to get an audience. When this happens you can reliably invest yourself in the show, as you know it isn't going to suddenly end half-way through a season. But then once I got half-way through the first season I realised that nothing had happened. It was still the first day at that stage. I stuck with it hoping the show would improve, but it didn't.

Essentially I found the show insulting to the audience (me). They would spend so much time on piddling details to then give you one piece of the jigsaw. For example, when the hatch was discovered that took 5 or more episodes before anything happened. Yet they had plenty of time to discuss Locke's relationship with his father, or Jack going to Australia to find his, etc, etc. It's like showing a kid a bag of lollies and then telling them they can't have any until they have read War & Peace and written an essay on Tsarist society. It's just cruel.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
^^ I was actually looking forward to Lost, as I was glad that they were going to have a big budget sci-fi TV show that was likely to get an audience. When this happens you can reliably invest yourself in the show, as you know it isn't going to suddenly end half-way through a season. But then once I got half-way through the first season I realised that nothing had happened. It was still the first day at that stage. I stuck with it hoping the show would improve, but it didn't.

Essentially I found the show insulting to the audience (me). They would spend so much time on piddling details to then give you one piece of the jigsaw. For example, when the hatch was discovered that took 5 or more episodes before anything happened. Yet they had plenty of time to discuss Locke's relationship with his father, or Jack going to Australia to find his, etc, etc. It's like showing a kid a bag of lollies and then telling them they can't have any until they have read War & Peace and written an essay on Tsarist society. It's just cruel.

I see what you mean. Im glad i enjoyed it though. Maybe its because i had so much free time on my hands that i didnt mind having to wait. i was only working like twice a week and training 3 times a week, inbetween i would just play xbox or watch lost lol. I also didnt have he carrot in front of my face for days since i could watch many episodes back to back. Im still not sure what i should watch next. i might give Breaking Bad a go after some time passes. I kinda wanted to watch Sons of Anarchy but i dont like the whole cool bad guy role. I seen the Sopranos a few times and liked it but i also grow tired of the whole cool mafia bit. I saw a marathon of Rescue Me and it was pretty entertaining though i havent seen it much. I only watch dexter like once a week on average so im in no hurry to get into another captivating tv series. Some days i would watch 4-5 lost episodes in one day... I need to make that time back up by eating more lol

Last edited: