• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Max-ot_mass Road to 5% bf

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
walking at 4mph is higher cardio? :49:

Max, I've tried to help. But, if you're going to listen to this garbage, and do cardio at 2.8 on a treadmill, I will anticipate saying "I told you so" once again after your next contest.

it´s okay, i got tonyk so no worries. too bad that you´re gonna be wrong on this one

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey man, just wanted to say good job on the flat DB presses,
also on squats dont bend back at all.
just go straight down, focus 100% on the legs, blasts the quads alot more.
those shoulder raises are alright, extend some more. use just a little lighter weight like Tony said, even though this Palumbo diet makes me laugh.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If its such garbage then why do people pay 400 dollars to have Palumbo tell them this?

Because people are stupid? Look at what Flex and I did with Turkish1530 for his prep, and he was 100% drug free on top of that.

1.5 hours of cardio at such a low intensity is a waste of time.

Tony... what are your thoughts on a ketogenic diet plumeting leptin, and impairing deiodinase and HSL activity? Or how about it may not effect HSL expression, but may impair it's translocation?

Max... you're wasting your time with this.

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ Dont bring all your scientific babel in here. Explain to me how everytime Palumbo trains someone with this diet they get no worse than third?

Turkish is a genetic freak and was easy to guide him to a show. Max on the other hand isnt.

The point is being if he is gonna up his intesity he is going to burn of his muscle period. Max isnt packing that much muscle and he will burn it off walking at 4 MPH.

youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I plead the 5th!!!!!

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ Dont bring all your scientific babel in here. Explain to me how everytime Palumbo trains someone with this diet they get no worse than third?

Someone eats pretty well fuck all calories, and does 3 hours of cardio a day... how could they not get in shape? It's just a tremendous waste of time.

Turkish is a genetic freak and was easy to guide him to a show. Max on the other hand isnt.

The point is being if he is gonna up his intesity he is going to burn of his muscle period. Max isnt packing that much muscle and he will burn it off walking at 4 MPH.

Bullshit, Turk just worked his ass off and stuck with the plan.

Tell me, in what world will going for a walk for 45 minutes burn muscle? If so, tell me how...

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Someone eats pretty well fuck all calories, and does 3 hours of cardio a day... how could they not get in shape? It's just a tremendous waste of time.

Bullshit, Turk just worked his ass off and stuck with the plan.

Tell me, in what world will going for a walk for 45 minutes burn muscle? If so, tell me how...

Turk did work his ass but has way better genetics.

4 MPH isn't walking its practically jogging.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lol @ practically jogging.

I'm done trying to help you, Max. I'll just say my "I told you so" once the show is over, and that will be that.

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lol @ practically jogging.

I'm done trying to help you, Max. I'll just say my "I told you so" once the show is over, and that will be that.

How can you say I told you so IS. Every time he dietsyou prolly tell him to do HIT cardio and what happens nothing.

youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You all are missing the point! Max is a liar, he cheats on his lifts his diet, lives in constant denial. So it doesn't matter what diet he does, weight programs he follows, or steroids he takes. Point is Max isn't honest with himself or us. Tony, how do you know if he is ketosist?

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
but have you seen an actual piss test?

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
but have you seen an actual piss test?

Stop being an idiot his in fucking finland, how the hell am i supposed to see his piss test.

If you want him to check then ask and we can see the results.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
How can you say I told you so IS. Every time he dietsyou prolly tell him to do HIT cardio and what happens nothing.

... yes, he will lose less fat with HIIT cardio :uhoh2:

Why doesn't he try aqua aerobics? It will burn about as many calories as walking at 2.8mph will.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I never said he wont lose fat with HIT :dunnodude: I know he will lose fat but he is also gonna lose his muscle.

How?

How easy do you think it is to breakdown muscle? Turk did HIIT. did he lose much muscle? You'd have to seriously fuck up your diet and do excessive HIIT to lose muscle. Thinking that walking at around 4.0mph is anywhere near this initensity is just a joke.

If you wish to debate this in another thread, start it.

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
How?

How easy do you think it is to breakdown muscle? Turk did HIIT. did he lose much muscle?

But Turk wasn't in ketosis. The only thing Max has to burn is glycogen and wants his that runs out his body will convert his muscle into energy to support his aerobic exercise.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
But Turk wasn't in ketosis. The only thing Max has to burn is glycogen and wants his that runs out his body will convert his muscle into energy to support his aerobic exercise.

Care to quantify this with a source? Define "runs out"? How much glycogen do we have? How much does exercise cause glycogen to "run out"? At what level of glycogen depletion does this occur? (hint, i can guarantee that walking at 4mph for hours on end is nowhere near the level for this to occur).

Whats your point about ketosis?

It's clear that you're just basing all your knowledge from a few elementary articles. I seriously hope if you plan on going further in the iron game you open your mind.

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Low intensity cardio, what Max is doing, whether he's on ketosis or he's on a carb cyclic diet is, IMO worthless.

The rate at which Max would be depleting glycogen during the 4 MPH walk could easily be accomplished in a 15-25min HIIT session. I'm a huge fan of HIIT in contest preparation, no matter the diet or regulations. With that said, GH secretion will be much higher induced in interval training.

In order for excessive protein breakdown to occur, in forms of gluconeogenesis, you'd need to be strongly depleted of several macronutrients, not just carbs. Which, if I'm correct is the goal of ketosis...physiologically; to allow the body to use ketones as energy. That is why unsaturated fat sources, omega's, etc. are crucial here.

Just my two cents. The type of cardio depends on many factors. I have an extremely high BMR so HIIT would tear me apart. Max does not.

The ratio of fat to muscle lost I don't think will be very unbalanced.