• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Max-ot_mass Road to 5% bf

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 24, 2006
Messages
2,479
Points
38
if your goal is to really play basketball then your not going in the right direction.

you need to take the time you are training and go practice. yes sprints will help you in basketball, but that doesnt mean shit if you cant play. maybe train one or two days a week if you like, but just go live on the courts man. thats the only way you will have a chance. unless the team you are trying out for is crap anyway.

i only train once a week, team practice once a week, do suicides 3x a week, shooting everyday for 4 hours so i agree with what ur saying and i´ll take you on that advice. i can only play when the weather is good. don´t have a facility to train everyday but if the weather is good i´ll be on the court shooting
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
speed can't be taught or earned, you either have it or you don't.
And you dare to criticise Max?!:angrydude:
This is either ignorance or stupidity.

Max I've said it before: just enjoy your training.
 
Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 24, 2006
Messages
2,479
Points
38
today i did some chest,shoulders,back

db bench press:
-37kg 8 reps
-40kg 6 reps
-40kg 4 reps

lat pulldowns with a v handle:
-60kg 10 reps
-70kg 10 reps
-80kg 8 reps


arnold press:
-20kg 10 reps
-22kg 8 reps

cable rows:
-70kg 10 reps
-80kg 10 reps
-100kg 6 reps

db flat fly´s:
-12kg 30 reps
-12kg 20 reps
-15kg 20 reps
 
Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
15,119
Points
73
x3

congrats on those lifts MAX
keep it up broo
 
T

Tonka

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 21, 2006
Messages
988
Points
36
Why isnt max a member anymore.. Oh nm:coolguy:.
 
Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 24, 2006
Messages
2,479
Points
38
did arms today

bb curls olympic bar:
-30kg 10 reps
-40kg 8 reps
-45kg 5 reps

seated db curls:
-15kg 8 reps
-15kg 8 reps

one arm preacher curls:
-12kg 8 reps
-12kg 8 reps

close grip bench press:
-50kg 10 reps
-60kg 10 reps

rope pushdown:
-40kg 10 reps
-50kg 8 reps
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
You're the second person I've asked this week. Why more bi movements than tri movements? Your tri is 2/3 your arm mass, your bi only 1/3.
 
Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 24, 2006
Messages
2,479
Points
38
i did dips so that counts as triceps
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 22, 2006
Messages
4,193
Points
36
nice bb curls max:2: keep it up bro:)
 
chadcruz

chadcruz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 29, 2006
Messages
630
Points
18
i´m pretty short 5"11
i play shooting guard but i sometimez play point guard
thanks for the tip
i alternate days for cardio,day 1:sprints,day2:longer duration 35-45 mins running.

Thats cool man. Just remember its all about having fun and enjoying what you do. I'm not sure what your goals are or anything like that but just take things as they come mate, take it easy and enjoy your training and basketball.
 
Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 24, 2006
Messages
2,479
Points
38
did shootaround today and ended with 30 free throws made 22 not good but i´ll take that, i was 50% so that is alot better

yesterday i did:

3 sets of 3 suicides, they are killer
 
Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 24, 2006
Messages
2,479
Points
38
Thats cool man. Just remember its all about having fun and enjoying what you do. I'm not sure what your goals are or anything like that but just take things as they come mate, take it easy and enjoy your training and basketball.

Goals: make the team and get some playing time is my goal for now also being a better shooter. i´ll update the goals when the season starts, cuz not every player in the team is showing up for the weekly practice so i can´t see if i´m near of the skill of these players.
 
miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Mar 22, 2007
Messages
5,778
Points
38
you wont get even close to something whats called skill :49:
 
Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 24, 2006
Messages
2,479
Points
38
you wont get even close to something whats called skill

you shouldn´t judge ppl too quickly and you think that i´m the most failure on the planet. i hope you will get over that hill, but i am doing my best effort to be in a shape for bball, what ever it takes and i´m shooting better since i started so that is improvement. have a nice day miami

as of now and this month i won´t be doing any weight training as i feel that i carry a little too much muscle for bball. instead i´ll be doing like bodyweight push ups, one leg squats, calf raises on a book and crunches and pull ups. will be doing suicides 4x a week
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
^^ max it is more about not eating as much. You'll need the strength and power that lifting will give. Lean down and try to keep the lifting up, but more strength focussed.
 
R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2006
Messages
3,330
Points
36
how much do you shoot a day?

my old basketball coach always told us to take 1000 shots a week.
 
Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 24, 2006
Messages
2,479
Points
38
today i did some chest,shoulders,bicep

bb bench press:
-70kg 6 reps
-70kg 6 reps

incline smith machine press:
-70kg 6 reps
-70kg 6 reps

db shoulder press:
-25kg 6 reps
-25kg 6 reps

db laterals:
-12kg 6 reps
-12kg 6 reps

db rear laterals
-27kg 6 reps
-27kg 6 reps

bb curls:
-40kg 6 reps
-40kg 6 reps

db curls:
-17kg 6 reps
-20kg 6 reps

damn i´m weak i´ll admit, this month i can´t go to the gym much maybe 2x a week. i have a contest coming up in nov 29th, so i´ll be shooting for that, next month will be better. the reason for not going to the gym often is$$$, been broke this month and paying bill but next month will be alot better and will buy me a membership
 

Similar threads

BrofessorLift
Replies
2
Views
101
MindlessWork
MindlessWork
BrofessorLift
Replies
4
Views
221
MuscleHustle
MuscleHustle
SteelPhysique
Replies
0
Views
57
SteelPhysique
SteelPhysique
Top