• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Max´s Log

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 24, 2006
Messages
2,479
Points
38
im happy with my squat today, i reached 130kgs for reps wich is a positive thing, only need to improve it by 70kgs and i can be competetive
 
Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Joined
Jun 18, 2007
Messages
3,384
Points
38
Only 70kg's!?

You do know that somebody with your exp it will take 1-2 years to accomplish.

For you who knows. Because you always give up.
 
Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 24, 2006
Messages
2,479
Points
38
i smell meltdown

i find it weird to do a vid, maybe in summer in will do some when nobody is around but at this time of year no way but i might let my brother film me when i do the meet
 
Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 24, 2006
Messages
2,479
Points
38
Only 70kg's!?

You do know that somebody with your exp it will take 1-2 years to accomplish.

For you who knows. Because you always give up.

i know, but i just know that i need to bring up my squat to 200 but i don´t exspect to be near that number until next year
 
dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
6,008
Points
48
Keep it up Max, dont let anyone talk you down.

bGjfANdAGj9t1y81lIVqe3uKo1_500-1.gif
 
M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 15, 2006
Messages
6,427
Points
63
i know, but i just know that i need to bring up my squat to 200 but i don´t exspect to be near that number until next year

Good luck then, but IMO it's not "only" 70kg, it's "still 70kg left".

I mean, you are aiming to increase your max 153%.
 
_ROBERTiNHO_

_ROBERTiNHO_

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 17, 2007
Messages
960
Points
16
You should set small goals, 70kg is to far away. You should thinking in 10kg-15kg, it's a much more close goal and keeps you focused and motivated.
 
Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 24, 2006
Messages
2,479
Points
38
so the powerlifting club had a session together

we did the bench press

i started with 100kg, then 105 and then again 110 so those are the 3 lifts i will prolly do at the meet next week, next tuesday will be my last bench workout but in that workout i´ll just try and fix the teqnique with help of 2 other guys
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
so the powerlifting club had a session together

we did the bench press

i started with 100kg, then 105 and then again 110 so those are the 3 lifts i will prolly do at the meet next week, next tuesday will be my last bench workout but in that workout i´ll just try and fix the teqnique with help of 2 other guys

Ari the sequence of lifts in a meet isn't as you have outlined. In fact that is the lamest lift sequence you could do (all lifts you have done in contest prep).

The first lift is a safe lift, one that you know you could nail hungover and dehydrated after shagging a bus-load of cheerleaders.

The second lift is the challenging lift. This should be about your most recent max that you should be able to nail, as you should have lifted something close to it recently. This can't be too heavy though as you have to hit it.

The third lift is the PB lift, it should be gauged on what you did with lift 2 and how you felt.

Of course there is plenty of time for you to change direction and not compete for whatever reason.
 
Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 24, 2006
Messages
2,479
Points
38
Ari the sequence of lifts in a meet isn't as you have outlined. In fact that is the lamest lift sequence you could do (all lifts you have done in contest prep).

The first lift is a safe lift, one that you know you could nail hungover and dehydrated after shagging a bus-load of cheerleaders.

The second lift is the challenging lift. This should be about your most recent max that you should be able to nail, as you should have lifted something close to it recently. This can't be too heavy though as you have to hit it.

The third lift is the PB lift, it should be gauged on what you did with lift 2 and how you felt.

Of course there is plenty of time for you to change direction and not compete for whatever reason.

ur deff dead on the money there, good advice there thanks
 
Anabolicus

Anabolicus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 24, 2007
Messages
1,244
Points
38
He probably decided to cancel the meet and go for basketball again.
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
I have a reliable source that says Max/Ari actually did compete in his meet but unfortunately tore his pec on his second attempt and has been in hospital since.

Get well soon Ari. Hope this isn't too much of a set back in your lifting.
 
Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
3,040
Points
38
I have a reliable source that says Max/Ari actually did compete in his meet but unfortunately tore his pec on his second attempt and has been in hospital since.

Get well soon Ari. Hope this isn't too much of a set back in your lifting.

He should still be able to enter the strongman competition in a few weeks.
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
He should still be able to enter the strongman competition in a few weeks.

I don't know. I heard it was a pretty bad tear. Is it a pull and carry only event? If so he might make it. Can't see pecs getting hurt again doing farmers walks and truck pulls.
 
Top