• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Minchinators Training Log

Minchinator

Minchinator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well, been a while since I was in here once again. I have had a change in plans, I am going to do a show in St. Louis on June 16th instead of the one on May 5th. It seems like it will be a nicer and show and I would rather visit St. Louis than Kankakee, Illinois. That being the case I have taken a little break from my dieting over the last couple weeks to clear my head and will be starting back into it tomorrow at 11 weeks out from the June 16th show. Kinda like starting all over I guess, but that's ok, I feel better about this. Training has been good, but I doubt I post those pics until closer to the show, maybe I will take some at the start here and post those if I like them. Talk to you all later.

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
great news, good to hear ur a live bro hehe i know you will do great at that show. so just train ur ass off and you will get there you exspirienced so you know it better than me good luck

Minchinator

Minchinator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hello, hello. Training is going good, back to 500 on my deadlift after changing from a wide stance to a narrow stance. Took a while to get the form down and get my weights back to what they were, but I am finally comfortable with the stance and the form and the weights are flying up now. Chest training has been going well too, the 110's are light enough now for sets of 8 solid full range reps and some partials, I am sure many of you can do much heavier db's than that for more reps - but I have always sucked at them so I am happy with it. I can get the 120's for a few but they are just not smooth at all so I am sticking with the good reps with 110's for now instead of forcing the 120's for some reps that just don't feel as good. Everything else has been all right as well, but those two lifts in particular have really felt good lately. My bodyweight is between 175 and 180 right now, not sure what my bodyfat % is but it was around 6% a couple weeks ago before I decided not to compete on May 5th and instead decided to wait until mid-June to compete, so I ate that percentage up a bit - as I am about 10 or 12 lbs heavier now than then, but it all depends how much pizza and ice cream I had the night before. All and all, strength, size and condition wise I am feeling as though I am in a pretty good spot to be ready for a show in 10 weeks or so, we'll see how that plays out. Take care and train hard all.

Project Evo

Project Evo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Great numbers for your weight and the best of luck with the comp. Glad you're feeling in the right frame of mind. Keep us posted with your progress.

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
good to hear from you minch- 500 that is damn heavy
what will your contest weight be?
keep us posted

Minchinator

Minchinator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Max-ot_Mass said:
good to hear from you minch- 500 that is damn heavy
what will your contest weight be?
keep us posted

160ish I am guessing, but I really don't care so long as I look like I want to look and I don't get terribly weak.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sounds like you've retained some incredible strength there. None of those lifts are light!

Minchinator

Minchinator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Rocky said:
Sounds like you've retained some incredible strength there. None of those lifts are light!

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Today was my second leg day of the week, another good solid week of lifting and the eating went pretty well too. Did a strip set of squats to kick things off today, after warming up with some extensions and step ups I worked up going from 135 to 225 to 315 and then 1full butt to the floor rep with 365, then went straight to 315 x 4 and 225 x 6 - all full butt to the floor reps and the 225 reps were paused at the bottom for a count of 2. That got me going pretty well, went back to the extensions and put 300 on it (that's the stack + a 35 - Strive brand extension) and got 10, dropped to 205 for 10 more and finally 170 for 10 more. Next was stiff leg deads, 135 x 8, 225 x 6, 385 x 6, 405 x 4 - was not going to go heavy but it was feeling good. Next were leg presses from a toe press position, hack squats, single leg curls and a final high rep set of extensions. I basically did one or two warm up sets on each of those and then one failure set, some were strips some were not, I won't bore you with the details. It was a good workout and I kept it moving, did some calves in between some other stuff too. Take care all.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sounds good. IOmpressive leg day, you must have good hams cos 405 SLDL ain't easy!

Minchinator

Minchinator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thought I would drop by the ol' log here. Things went well this week, outside of another cold, having a kid go to daycare is a bacterial nightmare! Had a good back workout today, I have been trying some old Vince Gironda methods lately and I tell you what, they work. 8 sets of 8 reps taking only 30 seconds between sets and using super strict form does not allow you to go heavy but it really fatigues and pumps the intended muscle. Did that for seated cable rows, pulldowns and then pullups - did not get all the reps on the pullups, too much blood. After that I did 4 sets of 8 reps with 20 second breaks for a Gironda db curl variation which I can't quickly explain, drag curls, and preacher curls. My biceps were fried after all that. That workout took 30 minutes because of the short rest, short and intense is all I can say. I came back in the afternoon (that was all early morning before work) and deadlifted and did some heavy barbell rows, all I had intended to do was deadlift because I was too wasted in the morning and I hate deadlifting in the morning, but as I unloaded the bar I though some rows were in order. Went up for a triple at 475 on the deads and a 225x6, 235x6, 245x6+225x5 on the rows, it all felt good but I could tell I had done all that lat work in the morning, not to mention the biceps being a bit more tired than usual. I am going to keep using some of Vince's stuff, I like it and it all makes sense - I am after all trying to be a bodybuilder, not a weightlifter. His nutrition stuff is also very interesting and I am trying some of that out along with some Steve Michalik stuff out of his book Atomic Fitness - great book, best bodybuilding book I have ever read hands down - basically all stuff Vince Gironda advocated 30+ years ago, but still a great read.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sounds like some intense lifting there, and to go back and get another session in on the same muscles is brutal!

Minchinator

Minchinator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Rocky said:
Sounds like some intense lifting there, and to go back and get another session in on the same muscles is brutal!

You can not overtrain, you can only under recover, so as long as you eat right you can get away with double sessions every once in a while, I just would'nt make a habit of it.

Was going to take the whole weekend off but then I read a little workout I wanted to try out of a MuscleMag article. I loaded 95lbs on a barbell, a 45 on each side of the hacksquat (it is a heavy hacksquat, that is not as light as it sounds) and 110 on the leg extension. I did 10 reps of full from the floor clean and presses with the barbell, went straight to the extension and did 10 squeezed reps and then to the hacksquat for 10 rock bottom reps, all without rest and then without rest started over. Went through that all 5 times without once stopping and I was huffing by the end of it, it was fun for a changeup. That is all for working out until Monday. Later all.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^Nice little superset.

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
nice to see you update your log.. you know what your doing thats for sure.. i take it that is you in your avatar?

Minchinator

Minchinator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
SerbMarko said:
nice to see you update your log.. you know what your doing thats for sure.. i take it that is you in your avatar?
Yep, that's me, for better or worse. As far as knowing what I am doing, I don't know if that will ever be true, but I try to keep learning.

Good leg workout today, went up to a butt to the floor single with 385 then dropped straight to 225 for 8 reps with a 2 second pause at the bottom so they were dead squeeze reps on the way up. Before that did some extensions, after that did some close foot hack squats, stiff leg deads, single leg standing hamstring curls, lying hamstring curls, and then back to some light weight high rep extensions to finish, oh, and one set of standing calf raises - the pad pressure was bothering a little trap issue I have so I stopped. Till later, Allen.

Minchinator

Minchinator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
SerbMarko said:
any new updates?

Here you go. It was mainly shoulder day with a little extra chest and a little extra triceps. Earlier in the week I did chest and triceps with a little extra shoulder, that's just how I roll right now :) Started with side laterals up to two sets with the 50's for 8 relatively strict reps, then bent laterals for three sets 50's x 8, 55'x 8 and 60's x 8, I usually go to the 70's but I tried to hold the contraction for a second on each rep which worked well and made me stay lighter, then 3 sets of rear delts in the reverse pec dec good and heavy for sets of 8, last set was the stack and I held the contractions here too - hard but felt real solid. Wanted to try some incine side raises so I threw in three sets of 8 with the 30's, focusing again on a held peak contraction. After that I did standing shoulder db presses, two sets of 8 with the 55's, not very heavy but I have some shoulder issues and after all the fly's my shoulders were getting unstable so I played it safe and just did the reps all the way down and a real forced squeeze, no explosive pushing. Next were a few sets of neck presses (bench presses to the neck) for 8 to 10 reps, then cable fly's, then pullover and presses for the triceps and rope pushdowns for the tris. It was a good work out, had a nice pump, then I went and did the healthiest thing one can do, I went and tanned, yeah right, I will have skin cancer by the time I am 40 if I don't break that addiction. Later guys and gals.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^But at least you'll have a tan when you're on your death bed!

Minchinator

Minchinator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Rocky said:
^But at least you'll have a tan when you're on your death bed!
Damn straight!

Minchinator

Minchinator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Back and biceps today Deadlifts up to a set of 6 with 425 - wanted 8 but I don't wear straps (or belts for that matter) and I lost my grip a bit, thought about resetting for two more but decided that since I had lost tension I had best not push it. Barbell rows were next, worked up to 2 sets of 6 with 250 with only about 30 seconds between those sets - I was breathing pretty hard. After that pulldowns for sets of 8, low rows for sets of 8, weighted pullups for sets of 6, then db curls done with my elbows locked in and my forearms twisted out to an angle (similiar to the strictness you get from incline curls) for sets of 10, and then drag curls for sets of 8. It was a pretty good workout, but whenever I fail at my deadlifts it kind of pisses me off, so it would have been better had I not pussed out on that set of deads, oh well.