• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Minchinators Training Log

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
More great work. Getting those deads with no straps or belt is damn good.

Minchinator

Minchinator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Chest and tris (little shoulders) was yesterday, must have been good because I am a bit tight today. Today I hit back, biceps and calves. I'll give exercises, no wieghts (ain't got the time), Pulldowns, low rows, barbell rows, stiff leg deadlifts, db rows, chinups, db curls, bb drag curls, concentration curls, standing calf raises, seated calf raises, double ups (ab move). Good workout, most weights were taken up to failure levels of 6 to 8 reps, so not overly light, but not super heavy. Later all.

Minchinator

Minchinator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Workouts have been good, and the diet is going well. Did some back today,
pullups bw x 8, bw+45 x 6, bw+70 x 5, held all the contractions for a moment and dead hung all of them, felt good to start with a nice stretch and contraction
seated (on the floor) high pulley rows with v-handle 110x 15, 170x16, 195x12, 195x10
Pulldowns to back of neck 130x8, 170x6, 170x6, I do these very slow and really squeeze, not a safe move to be fast with
Low pulley rows with long bar 140x12, 170x12, 215x10 + 110x15
Straight arm pullovers with long bar on cable machine 120x15 for two sets each set supersetted with low pulley rows of 110x15
t-bar rows, 4 45's x 8, 6 45's x 6
deadlifts, 135x4, 315x3, 405x8 that was the only set I wanted but I had to do the first two to make sure my form was good
barbell drag curls 65x12, 85x12, 85x12
db curls, elbows in, forearms angled out, 20'sx20, 30'x 12 + 25's x 8
also threw in some abs, two sets on a machine we have called the ab advantage - good machine gets both a good upper and lower contraction.

Good workout, looks like a lot typed out, but it was only an hour workout so I kept moving pretty well, later all.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^That was some good work to get done in an hour! Keeping the intensity high.

Minchinator

Minchinator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Did legs today, the workout went as planned but I just was not into it today, I knew what I had my goals set to for the workout and I followed it through, but for some reason I felt like I needed to do more - it just was not connecting, that has not happened to me in a while, suppose we all have those.

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Minchinator said:
Did legs today, the workout went as planned but I just was not into it today, I knew what I had my goals set to for the workout and I followed it through, but for some reason I felt like I needed to do more - it just was not connecting, that has not happened to me in a while, suppose we all have those.

man i totally know what you mean.. it seems at times we all get those days.. the mind just isnt in line with the muscle.. hey dont worry.. at least you knew that you wanted or could of done more.. next time you will.

Minchinator

Minchinator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Been a while, training has been good, diet has been good, luck has been bad - got a nice case of poison ivy going on, in case you have never had it I promise you it licks a big fat hairy ball sac. Other than that, put a new porch on the house and put in a fire pit - everybody is welcome to come over for a cookout if you want to come to the Quad Cities. Strength has been great lately considering the loss of weight, down to about 168 or so and still deadlifting 500 pretty easy and going up to 450 for reps of 6 to 8 with not much of a problem. I have lost a little pressing strength, but I always do when I lean out, my shoulders are just to screwed up to deal with real heavy weights anymore especially when I am lean, but I still get good chest/shoulder workouts just being very strict and using full ranges of motion with as much weight as I can safely handle, that's about the 90's for incline db presses for 8 or so and no more flat pressing at all except for light neck presses at the end for a good squeeze and pump (for some reason these do not bother me, even though fegular flats mess me up something fierce). Squats have been good, though I had to back off on the hacks as my knees were getting sore. All and all everything is good but I had to back off the show for June 16th because I have to go out of town for my Aunts 50th wedding anniversary, never realized the dates were the same - but this is a person I am very close to and I can not miss that event, there will be plenty of shows to do later in the summer and I only do this for fun so I really don't care all that much, I know I should be more competitive than that, but I really only do all of this for fun and to challenge my self, so family is always first. I have a photo shoot on June 30th, so I am going to be in shape for that, then vacation July 1-8, I will stay in shape for that as well, going to be on the lake the whole time, and then my wife and I are going to Santa Monica in September, so of course I will be in shape for that. Since that is the case I don't see myself letting much if any fat back on this summer and since I want to be in tip top shape for Santa Monica and going to Gold's Venice I am thinking of doing a show in September to keep me on track for Santa Monica. If I do one before that I may be tempted to cheat on my diet as a reward and once that start it can get out of control and then I will not look like I want for the trip. We will see how it all goes, first the photo shoot, then the lake, then we will see, but I am thinking that sounds like the best option. Later all,

Allen

Minchinator

Minchinator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just stopping in to say that I freaking balled my left upper back up, AGAIN!, but I am still training and finding ways to work through it as best as possible. This is something I have delt with for years, tore a muscle nearly 10years ago, so I am used to working through it. Looking through my thread here, I hurt myself way too often. The main problem with this injury is actually not training back, it is training shoulders. I have a hard time doing shoulder presses and side raises, as the muscle in question is forced to contract in order to stabalize and it freaking hurts, so I have gone a bit lighter and just been repping out, that is ok right now since I am cutting anyways and probably should not be lifting super heavy, the pump feels good too. Later all,

Allen

Minchinator

Minchinator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah, well, kinda stoped keeping a log on here, sorry. But I thought I would throw in an update. Everything is going well, all of my aches and pains are at bay for now, so training has been pretty fun. I just spent the last week training at the Gold's in Venice, CA so needless to say it was a good week. I think it would be nearly impossible to have a bad workout at that place, the atmosphere is just amazing, it is always busy, but in a good way, in a way that keeps you motivated -not in an annoying way that keeps you waiting. Back to training at home now, I am going to be trying to put on a little bit of weight for a while along with some strength so wish me luck. Right now I am feeling pretty strong going in, my deadlift is right at 500 for 3 reps, my barbell rows are feeling solid using 255 to 265 for sets of 6 or so, my full squats are at 315 for sets of 3 - those are pause reps, my main pressing movement for chest is incline db presses which I have been using 95's for sets of 8 full stretch reps. All and all I have been pretty happy lately with everything so hopefully I can push myself for a while without injuries flairing up and make some gains.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Glad all is going well and injury free. That truly is a mighty dead weight. I bet training at Golds was awesome.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Minchinator

Minchinator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Glad all is going well and injury free. That truly is a mighty dead weight. I bet training at Golds was awesome.

Deadlifts are about all I am any good at, and I know a lot of people a whole lot better. Yes, training at Gold's Venice is awesome, the atmosphere is just amazing, if you go there and have a crappy workout just stop training and find another way to kill time because that should not be possible - that place rocks!

Had a nice left hamstring cramp today while squatting, it sucked, stretched it out and kept lifting and it kept re-cramping but I got through it, thinking that is gonna be sore for a couple of days. I blame the plane ride for dehydrating me, I am sure it had nothing to do with repeatedly choosing Diet Cherry Pepsi over water for like two days straight :angrydude:

Minchinator

Minchinator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
9/14 - Chest and Shoulders

Incline db press
20's x 10
40's x 10
70's x 10
100's x 6

Incline Barbell Press
135 x 10
215 x 8 for 2 sets

Flat db fly's
75's x 10
80's x 8 + 40's x 12

Seated barbell shoulder press
135 x 10
165 x 8
165 x 7 + 135 x 12, the 135 I took down and then did the first 8 only half way up and then the last 4 I took all the way up - that was burning good

Side db raise
20's x 10
40's x 8
55's x 8 + 25's x 15

Rear delt on flex pec dec, if you know what I mean
220 (stack) x 10 for 3 sets, last set got hard, I usually add a 45lb plate and go for 6 or 7 reps, but I decided to stick with sets of 10 and just do them slower and work a good burn in

Did a couple of burn sets for triceps doing rope pushdowns, but my right elbow is a bit sore so I did not do anything else directly for them, I need to get a tight elbow sleeve, because if I apply pressure to it while I do an extension move the pain goes away. I know I could also just let it heal, but I can't stand to not do triceps so I will try the sleeve first.

Later all

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lol - you say you're only good at deads but the weight you're shifting in that last session was most respectable.

Minchinator

Minchinator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey all, thought I would add to this, I seem to take long breaks from doing so. Back today.

Deadlifts
135 x 10
225 x 8
315 x 8
405 x 6
505 x 3
530 x 1/2, could not lock it out, sucked, oh well

Barbell rows
225 x 8
255 x 6
275 x 6
295 x 4, those got a little sloppy, paused after number 3 for a second

Pulldowns
130 x 10
200 x 10
240 x 8
240 x 8

Low rows
260 x 6
275 x 4 + 215 x 8

DB Shrugs 120's x 10 for 3 sets

Usually would throw some biceps in but I was tired, long day at work, going to do a straight biceps/triceps workout tomorrow for the first time in a while, kinda looking forward to it.

Later all

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
awesome deads brother and sum heeeavvvy rows!!
btw is that u in ur avatar???

Minchinator

Minchinator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Getting ready for a new years party, waiting on the wife, thought I would update this thing. Training has been consistent, though I have been bothered by a strained pec and some elbow bursitis. My weight got up to about 193 or so about 6 to 8 weeks ago, got tired of the weight, so I am back to about 177ish now and feel much better with no loss of strength. Most of my lifts have changed very little the last couple of months, just happy to have not lost strength while losing weight and fighting the pec thing, but I have actually gotten stronger at biceps motions - I don't think it has resulted in any extra arm size, but maybe it will. I have also been more consistent in training my calves, which makes me feel good, though it again seems to do very little for them - but hey, at least I have calves - I can't complain. Well, happy new year everybody, stay safe and lift hard in 2008!

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good to see an update and glad that training has been consistent despite the ongoing niggles!