• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Film Discussion and Last Movie You Watched

skindnef

skindnef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
1) Shelley Duvall - obviously
2) Sofia Coppola - Godfather III
3) Hayden Christiansen - Revenge of the Sith (Maniquin SkyWalker....)
One more for the "balsa" list
4. Keanu Reeves - everything he's done

brendan

brendan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The Air I Breathe. (2007) surprisingly very good.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The Marksman - meh.

Wesley Snipes doing his thing in a generic flick.

P

Pain

VIP
I watched Dances With Wolves for the first time a few days ago.

Do you guys know that movie is four hours long? Did I mention it was four hours long? Its a four hour movie. A movie that lasts four hours. Thats two hundred and forty minutes.

Four hours.

brendan

brendan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^lol,I didn't know that.
just watched slumdoge millionaire.and it was very good.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I watched Dances With Wolves for the first time a few days ago.

Do you guys know that movie is four hours long? Did I mention it was four hours long? Its a four hour movie. A movie that lasts four hours. Thats two hundred and forty minutes.

Four hours.

Yeh I saw it in the cinema when it first came out. I was quite young and I still loved every minute.

Although the second time around I saw it on TV and wished I had been watching it on DVD so I could take a break.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The King of Marvin Gardens - Jack Nicholson.

A TV channel here has been doing some of the old Jack films. Seriously has to be one of the greatest actors ever. This film was carried by him and Dern. Just amazed at Jack. I've always remembered his more recent roles that were just asking him to turn up and collect a paycheck, back when he had to earn it he was really amazing.

skindnef

skindnef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I Love You Man ~ Not bad, pretty funny & Rush & Hulk too.

jnutz19

jnutz19

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yesterday on TV i watched:
Oh Brother Where Art Thou
Fast and The Furious: Tokoyo Drift
Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story

and i love all 3 of them

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
just watched marley and me
i really liked it, who can´t love that dog marley

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Pathology
Not a bad movie, I can see why people don't like it though, there's really no "hero" so to speak in this.

Taken
Liam Neison still kicks serious ass :xyxthumbs:

The Happening
It sucked, I can see where Sh. was going with it, but some of the scenes where just laughable. How can you take people seriously when there running away screaming from WIND!?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The Assassination of Jesses James by the Coward Robert Ford.

Interesting that the title is an analogy for the movie: Overlong for no damned reason!

Seriously this film could have been over an hour shorter without missing anything at all. Sprawling historic biopics have to have something more than a character study at their heart to make them interesting. Well at least in this case.

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yes Man (2008) 6/10
- Pretty good.Not the best comedys ive seen ,but good anyways.

Step Brothers (2008) 4/10
-Not good as i expected ,but had few funny scenes.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Sprawling historic biopics have to have something more than a character study at their heart to make them interesting. Well at least in this case.
So the perspectivist twist of making a legendary figure a secondary character to a historical nobody didn't do it? Or the portrayal of an infamous murderer as a family man because lore and legend create expectations that can't be met by man? Or how there's an innate desire to strive for our own fame or even infamy? There's a lot going on there in the way of themes. I don't love the movie and thought its richest material was in its shortest act, the final one, but its still solid; maybe even very good.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
So the perspectivist twist of making a legendary figure a secondary character to a historical nobody didn't do it? Or the portrayal of an infamous murderer as a family man because lore and legend create expectations that can't be met by man? Or how there's an innate desire to strive for our own fame or even infamy? There's a lot going on there in the way of themes. I don't love the movie and thought its richest material was in its shortest act, the final one, but its still solid; maybe even very good.

I agree with you points, but I found those themes uninteresting as there is only so much staring whistfully just to the left of the camera that you can take before the entire film feels like filler.

All of this could have been much stronger if it was done in 90-100mins instead of ~150mins it racked in at. I think Casey Affleck was spot on, I think Brad Pitt actually acted for the first time in awhile, I think the exploration of the fanboy, fame and notoriaty set against a historical figure without the myths was good. But what would have been wrong in making it feel as though it didn't drag along at a snails pace with entire scenes that were there more for historical accuracy and scenic pleasure than for storytelling and plot movement.

I suppose what annoyed me the most was that there was a lot of hype surrounding this film, but 20mins in I was thinking "hurry up".

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The Order - Heath Ledger

Taped this off of TV the other night. Not sure I should have bothered. Not terrible, just not any good. Also seemed to be several of the cast from A Knights Tale, which didn't bode well.

Also started to watch The Fog, with that guy from Smallville.
Stupid movie with a see-thru plot that could have done with a bit more suspense. Gave up when the first people started dying.

FuManChu

FuManChu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sex Drive = 10/10!!!!
Funniest movie ive seen in years...
The main chick reminded me too much of me ex, which was kinda a killjoy...'
But still, awesome movie!