• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Film Discussion and Last Movie You Watched

FuManChu

FuManChu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i didnt know there was a Futurama movie

Theres a couple...
Bender's Game was alright. They are trying to push the adult content more now, to compete with Family Guy.
6.5/10

jnutz19

jnutz19

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Theres a couple...
Bender's Game was alright. They are trying to push the adult content more now, to compete with Family Guy.
6.5/10

well good luck with that. nothing can compete with Family Guy.

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Really? What didn't you like about it?

I just didn't find it funny and thought it was pretty boring,
only laughed once during the movie when the guy got part of his ear shot off and they were trying to put it back on

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Pineapple express
1 out 5 stars

worst movie ive watched in ages
The overly violent fight scenes were really not funny at all. It was so unrealistic.
:doh:

I don't know what's worse: DriDDeRz calling it one of the worst films he's watched in a long time or Paulie complaining about it being unrealistic. Either way, failure on both parts.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Futurama: Into The Wild Green Yonder

Great Futurama movie, enjoyed every bit of it!
7/10

I found it extremely boring. I actually stopped watching it because I was utterly uninterested in how it would end up. One week later I finish watching it, with the laughter count still down to 1.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
I found it extremely boring. I actually stopped watching it because I was utterly uninterested in how it would end up. One week later I finish watching it, with the laughter count still down to 1.
Boring is a boring criticism. I reviewed it here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I see what you did there. Shameless self-promotion FTW xD
Nice review, still... I found it boring as FUUUUU-

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:doh:

I don't know what's worse: DriDDeRz calling it one of the worst films he's watched in a long time or Paulie complaining about it being unrealistic. Either way, failure on both parts.

From my stand of view and in my own opinion on the movies i enjoy watching doesn't mean what i say or rate them stands in general for everyone else view and thought of the movie, for them not to watch it

but calling it failure to us for sharing our thoughts on what we thought of the movie is pretty lame, because we didnt enjoy it and you might of. :doh:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
From my stand of view and in my own opinion on the movies i enjoy watching doesn't mean what i say or rate them stands in general for everyone else view and thought of the movie, for them not to watch it
Fine, though you it was one of the worst films you've seen recently, not one you didn't care for.
DriDDeRz said:
but calling it failure to us for sharing our thoughts on what we thought of the movie is pretty lame, because we didnt enjoy it and you might of. :doh:
My calling it a failure has little to do with my enjoyment of it but of the dismissiveness that you and Paulie exhibited. That's fine you didn't like it and I'm guessing you don't smoke weed so you probably don't get much of the film's narrative appeal. Still, the movie didn't set out to be a conventional comedy or be realistic in any way. The point was to present a feasible scenario and then turn it into a stoner thought. IE: The movie follows the mindset of someone high. It also better explores the dynamic between users and dealers and "bromances" in general than other genre efforts. There are obvious homosexual undertones and I found its portrayal of them to be a bold stroke.

P

Pain

VIP
My calling it a failure has little to do with my enjoyment of it but of the dismissiveness that you and Paulie exhibited. That's fine you didn't like it and I'm guessing you don't smoke weed so you probably don't get much of the film's narrative appeal. Still, the movie didn't set out to be a conventional comedy or be realistic in any way. The point was to present a feasible scenario and then turn it into a stoner thought. IE: The movie follows the mindset of someone high. It also better explores the dynamic between users and dealers and "bromances" in general than other genre efforts. There are obvious homosexual undertones and I found its portrayal of them to be a bold stroke.

I was just going to say it was funny but I guess that'll work.

:rofl3:

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Fine, though you it was one of the worst films you've seen recently, not one you didn't care for.

Understandable and i agree with what you said here, tho before i sat down to watch it, my first impression of it to be a comedy movie.
True i havent smoked weed before, but i understood the whole concept of the film being based on stoners and dealers, but nor was i under the impression of it realistic.

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Oh great, never did I think Line would enjoy Pineapple Express. I understand it's not supposed to be a realistic scenario... I just don't get the humor and am never connected to the situation at any time in the film. Then again... I don't smoke pot. :e5dunno:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just watched Vantage Point.

Basically 30mins worth of movie done in 4 different aspects (hence the title). The tension is kinda there, the film is flat out the entire time but I was never drawn in. Dennis Quaid was solid again (when is he not) but other big names barely did anything. But the director didn't really give them much scope to because of the concept they worked with.

I forget the other movies which have used this concept before in a similar manner. I have seen something similar before from Europe that got the balance right, tell a story where you have to piece together the story to figure out the murder/twist/opening action. Run Lola Run is a slightly different example of playing the same scence over and over again which worked very well.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Vantage Point was basically Politics for Dummies. Run Lola Run interests me, if only for Tykwer's aesthetic.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ The politcal under-story was also done in such a generic and uninteresting fashion.

I was annoyed with the film because it had the makings of a really interesting and entertaining movie but ended up just another bland soulless time filler.

Run Lola Run is such a great film. Every aspect is done so well. Ranks as one of my favourite films of all time. I also liked Tykwer's The Princess and the Warrior. Is The International any good?

On a side note Knocking on Heavens Door which starred Moritz Bleibtreu from Run Lola Run, was another good German flick.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Rewatched Beverly Hills Cop.

I love this film. Never get tired of it.