• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Film Discussion and Last Movie You Watched

P

Pain

VIP
Tweak said:
I can't wait for Spider Man 3 to come out :spy:

Didn't like the first two, not looking forward to the 3rd.

Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
^^ I haven't seen any reviews, but the story is much darker and more in depth, so I'm hoping it'll be better :ughfingers:

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I cant wait for Spiderman 3 either. :hsughr:

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Just watched two films...

-The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (1920) - One of the most beautifully contrasted and well-architecturally constructed films to this day. A dark horror/mystery film that acted as a trailblazer for the twist endings we've come to expect from films today. Powerfully effective and concise, despite it being a silent picture. **** (out of ****)

-Colour Me Kubrick (2007) - More or less (probably more) a mess. John Malkovich plays Alan Conway, a professional conman who impersonates famous auteur Stanley Kubrick, getting small kicks from attending parties and fulfilling his sexual predatory needs. Like its lead, the film tempts to mimic the work of Kubrick by splicing in their famous songs and juxtaposing them with scenes of thematic similarities. It fails and goes nowhere and the usually brilliant Malkovich is all over the radar on this one. The film's undeserved sense of cleverness doesn't help either. *1/2 (out of ****)

Rocky said:
What's your problem? :no:
The first one wasn't a good film at all, even by popcorn flick standards. The second, however, was a far more complete and realized motion picture.

MuscleHead

MuscleHead

Line said:
The first one wasn't a good film at all, even by popcorn flick standards. The second, however, was a far more complete and realized motion picture.

Movie critic:ughnoes:

I liked both:food-snacking:

MexicanMuscle

MexicanMuscle

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i just watched Bobby, and thought it was a great and moving film.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Watched 'Lady Vengeance' the other day. It's the third part of the Vengeance Trilogy which began with 'Sympathy for Mr Vengeance' then went to 'Oldboy' before wrapping up with this one, all directed by Park Chan-Wook. They don't follow each other with regard to characterisation just the theme of revenge. It was visually an excellent film same as Oldboy was and had it's moments of visceral violence, but what stood out in the same way 'Oldboy' did was the characterisations and the realistic way the principals dealt with their situations even though they were quite extreme. What was interesting was the decision parents were given when faced with the man who had kidnapped and killed their children. While not quite as good as Oldboy still an excellent film.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Rocky, right now I'm downloading La Strada. Oldboy is next ;)

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Sorry, it had to take a back seat to Fellini and Kurosawa.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^Ponce. :no:

I keep being tempted by 'Ran' but never getting round to it.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Rocky said:
^Ponce. :no:

I keep being tempted by 'Ran' but never getting round to it.
I'm doing The Bad Sleep Well, Seven Samurai, and Throne of Blood before I do Ran. I hear after you see Ran everything else seems like a step down.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Line said:
I hear after you see Ran everything else seems like a step down.

Indeed. I don't want to run the risk of never thinking a film is good again yet! Might try and find me a copy of '120 days of Sodom.'

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I picked up Kurosawa's Seven Samurai last week on DVD. I found it quite enjoyable; hard enough to find around here, though:e5dunno:

Edit-Brother rented Smoking Aces and brought it over to my pad. Didn't care much at all for most of about the first half, but when the bullets started to fly and actual emotion started to flow it turned out to be fairly good. Ryan Reynolds was surprisingly right in his role; definitely the standout of the film to me.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^I've heard mixed reviews of Smoking Aces but want to see it though. I liked 'Narc' although I understand this is a completely different style. I've heard Ben Affleck was pretty good in it too. :uhoh2:

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I just ordered 'The Prestige' and 'Glengarry Glenross:SE'!

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
The Prestige is pretty "meh". It's a fun flick for the most part but it just loses all credibility towards the finale where plot holes begin to pile up and the film slips into a tone of unjustified self-importance.

Glengarry Glen Ross is one of the most spectacularly acted films of all time. :xyxthumbs:

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^Indeed I had heard it was rather good and quite the masterclass.

I've just read that apparently Eric Robert's will be in the new Batman film. :uhoh2:

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Rocky said:
^Indeed I had heard it was rather good and quite the masterclass.
Let's put it this way: Kevin Spacey gets made everyone else's bitch from an acting standpoint, and that's certainly no easy feat.