• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Film Discussion and Last Movie You Watched

shorty

shorty

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
just watched "In the mix"

same shit, different people...

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Watching Final Destination 3 tonight. If I understand it correctly it is one of the finest films of our generation with an original concept, flawless acting and a script to die for. Should be good.

Spike

Spike

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i saw this movie called Wicked Minds yeasterday and boy i tell ya that was one crazy ass ending that movie had.

:food-snacking:

MexicanMuscle

MexicanMuscle

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Rocky said:
Watching Final Destination 3 tonight. If I understand it correctly it is one of the finest films of our generation with an original concept, flawless acting and a script to die for. Should be good.

i liked that movie, was pretty darn good!:2:

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Well, tonight I saw the most anticipated movie of the year: Snakes on a Plane! Sadly, I could not attend it drunk but nonetheless it was the most fun I've had in a theater in a long, long time.

Without going into too much detail (don't want to give away too many spoilers) all I can say is the movie and it's director knew exactly just how ridiculous the story and script were and played to it nonstop. It's probably one of the best poorly made movies I've ever seen strictly because it aspired to be as bad as it did; and succeeded swimmingly. Also, the marketing was right on as the entire audience was laughing at the "unintentional" comedic moments and no one was taking the movie seriously (actually a good thing in this case).

Basically, it's exactly what you expect it to deliver based on the hype surrounding it and the commercials, trailers, tv spots, etc. So was it a good movie? Of course not, at least in the traditional sense but at the same time I can still see why it got positive reviews. A film that knows its identity and place in the industry is a rare commodity these days and SOAP probably is the most "secure" bad film I've seen ever.

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Line said:
Well, tonight I saw the most anticipated movie of the year: Snakes on a Plane! Sadly, I could not attend it drunk but nonetheless it was the most fun I've had in a theater in a long, long time.

Without going into too much detail (don't want to give away too many spoilers) all I can say is the movie and it's director knew exactly just how ridiculous the story and script were and played to it nonstop. It's probably one of the best poorly made movies I've ever seen strictly because it aspired to be as bad as it did; and succeeded swimmingly. Also, the marketing was right on as the entire audience was laughing at the "unintentional" comedic moments and no one was taking the movie seriously (actually a good thing in this case).

Basically, it's exactly what you expect it to deliver based on the hype surrounding it and the commercials, trailers, tv spots, etc. So was it a good movie? Of course not, at least in the traditional sense but at the same time I can still see why it got positive reviews. A film that knows its identity and place in the industry is a rare commodity these days and SOAP probably is the most "secure" bad film I've seen ever.

Holy Crap!! you sound like Jay Sherman. :skurred:

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Robcardu said:
Holy Crap!! you sound like Jay Sherman. :skurred:
That's me

180px-TheCritic3.jpg

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks for the review.

Looks like Pirates of the Caribean will settle at number six in the top grossing movies of all time. I don't get what's so great about these films? Personally, the only thing I like about them is the music. What you think Line?

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Flex said:
Thanks for the review.

Looks like Pirates of the Caribean will settle at number six in the top grossing movies of all time. I don't get what's so great about these films? Personally, the only thing I like about them is the music. What you think Line?
Personally I went in with high hopes to the first one because I like Johnny Depp as an actor but generally am put-off by the image that pop culture surrounds him with. Also, growing up I was a big fan of the ride at Disney so I thought it'd be a fun little film but maybe with a bit more to offer. I was wrong.

Besides Depp, who is under-utilized, the film really has nothing else going for it. I don't buy half the cast, the story was weak and disjointed and sort of scatterpointed with different things that they just felt like putting in. Then there's the length issue; I was all for the concept but they took a 5 minute assument park ride and made it a 2hr. 20min movie which is just plain unnecessary and it totally kills the pacing throughout most of the film. Even overlooking that, I was less than impressed Gore Verbinski behind the lense...plus I loathe Orlando "I can only play one type of character and even do that poorly" Bloom.

So, saying that, I didn't bother seeing the second one which received much worse reviews yet did amazingly well at the Box Office. Personally, I just don't see the whole "pirate trend" and how it's played out as of late. People are paying for the "in thing" which for any reason that escapes me, happens to be pirates at the time, instead of paying for shorter, more powerful and entertaining films that don't blatantly waste scenes.

Not to be a prick, but this is another case where I can say "I told you so" when it comes to sequals. The first being after seeing the Matrix Reloaded, I just knew the third installment would bomb and I had less than high expectations for the Wachowski's V for Vendetta. Here with Pirates I can honestly say the first one was not a good film and after the sequal delivered much of the same, other critics began to catch onto that. Still, I don't see how a film like this can make such money but who am I to tell people what they can and can't pay money for? I just try to steer them clear of movies that have "bad news" signs painted all over them.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
I saw Woody Allen's latest feature Scoop tonight and as a whole I was pleasantly suprised. One of the main criticisms of the movie (as a whole it did receive negative reviews) was that it fails in comparison to Allen's lasta effort, Match Point. I actually would like to take many fellow critics up on this point because the two movies are polar opposites in Allen's spectrum of talent. With Match Point, we saw a serious crime drama with superb acting, pacing, and a scope of vision that was as appropriate for content as any other film last year. Meanwhile, Scoop offers us a completely different slice of Woody, and although it may be lighter it still is quite satisfying.

The similarities between then two films start and end with Woody Allen being the creative mind and Scarlett Johansson being the leading lady. While before she played a sultry yet angst seductress, here she plays a cute, clumsly coed who has a small bit journalism gig. She's given hints by a recently deceased reporter as to the whereabouts and whosabouts of the mysterious "Tarot Card Killer" who's murdering prostitutes in London. While investigating, she befriends a neuroticly amusing Woody Allen who is at first turned off by the idea but then devulges in it more than the scoop snoop herself.

In the end, it becomes a cute, humorous tale that almost seems like it's automatic for Allen to produce; and that would be an apt description. The acting is spot on, but the camera work and visual prowess of his previous film is not there, however, this is not a script or expression that demands it. In the end, the movie entertains, has a cohesive plot, and has a great dose of Woody-Witty that's been missing in his more recent comedies such as Anything Else, Melinda and Melinda, and The Curse of the Jade Scorpion. For any long-time Allen fan, the entire movie may feel like a familar scene but should remain enjoyable while those who benefit most will be the lucky ones just beginning to discover this genius filmmaker's gifts to us.

*** out of ****

MexicanMuscle

MexicanMuscle

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
well i went home for lunch today and was flipping through the channels and came upon fx, they were showing A Walk On the Moon, i had already seen it before, but it reminded me that the guy in the movie is the perfect example of a big time pussy. just wanted to let u guys know that.

on a lighter note, i saw Silent Hill, yesterday and thought it was really good, except for the ending, i hate unhappy endings.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Watched Poseidon tonight. Character development was lame, acting was bad (besides Josh Lucas, Kurt Russell, and maybe Emmy Rossum) and plot ofcourse was unoriginal (remake).

2 out of 5 stars.

Line, why is CGI work so expensive?

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I saw Accepted a few days ago. It won't blow you away, but it is worth going to see. Pretty funny, decent acting for the most part.

MexicanMuscle

MexicanMuscle

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
miniduck said:
I saw Accepted a few days ago. It won't blow you away, but it is worth going to see. Pretty funny, decent acting for the most part.

it looks good, but usually i just wait to see them on DVD!

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
miniduck said:
It seems like a movie for teenagers your age rather than myself.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Flex said:
Line, why is CGI work so expensive?
Relatively new technology means just having the means to produce it is expensive. Then you have to pay the dorks who could've done something meaningful with their lives like becoming microscopic surgeons but were too preoccupied with "making things look cool." To top it all off, most movies that use it need to look up "sublety" in the dictionary because they use CGI overkill and that'll run up your production costs too.

Flex said:
It seems like a movie for teenagers your age rather than myself.
:49:

Did everyone bypass my review for Scoop? It's funnier, wittier, and better made than accepted :yarly:

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I haven't watched a film for ages. :tear:

I saw Final Destination 3 last week - bvut can't really class that as a film, or really want to confess that I watched it.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Line said:
Relatively new technology means just having the means to produce it is expensive. Then you have to pay the dorks who could've done something meaningful with their lives like becoming microscopic surgeons but were too preoccupied with "making things look cool." To top it all off, most movies that use it need to look up "sublety" in the dictionary because they use CGI overkill and that'll run up your production costs too.
It's interesting. For the movie Poseidon, they never had a real ship. Everything was done by CGI.

Finally saw Snakes On a Plane. Wasn't as good as I had hoped it would be. The problem I had with it, is they took it a lot more seriously than I thought they would. Another problem I had with it is they left a lot of parts that should of been taken out. I felt like it was a 45 minute movie spread out to an hour and fourty minutes.
3/5

Watched Running Scared last night, was a lot better than I expected. A lot of gore, but overall a good movie while Paul Walker convinced me that he can act.
3.5/5

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ I agree with you on Running Scared - I got it a while ago and was pleasantly surprised. Wouldn't go so far as to say he could act, but just not be like a tree.