• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Film Discussion and Last Movie You Watched

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Flex said:
Finally saw Snakes On a Plane. Wasn't as good as I had hoped it would be. The problem I had with it, is they took it a lot more seriously than I thought they would. Another problem I had with it is they left a lot of parts that should of been taken out. I felt like it was a 45 minute movie spread out to an hour and fourty minutes.
See, I disagree here because I feel that the movie didn't take itself seriously at all. Many scenes that were meant to be "suspenseful" and "thrilling" were obviously just set-ups for the absurdity to come. Not to mention the delivery of most of the actors, the dialogue, and the look of the snakes themselves were not what I consider "serious". I agree to an extent that the movie could have been shorter because it does get repetitious at times, but the movie's called Snakes on a Plane; it's a known going into it that it's not going to be a well-paced, psychologically-taught movie from start to finish.

PS: I bought A Few Good Men and Scent of a Woman today for $11 total. :hsughr:

PPS: I saw A Scanner Darkly last night, I'll post a review soon.

CLOWN

CLOWN

Flex said:
Watched Poseidon tonight. Character development was lame, acting was bad (besides Josh Lucas, Kurt Russell, and maybe Emmy Rossum) and plot ofcourse was unoriginal (remake).

2 out of 5 stars.

Line, why is CGI work so expensive?

that movie sucks, same crap as usual,black ppl dies first, latin ppl dies first and there is always a super white guy that knows everything about everything :uhoh2:

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
CLOWN said:
that movie sucks, same crap as usual,black ppl dies first, latin ppl dies first and there is always a super white guy that knows everything about everything :uhoh2:
lol. Black people didn't die first. I don't remember any latino's in it and there were no white guys that knew everything. Are you sure you saw this movie?

:hsughup:

CLOWN

CLOWN

Flex said:
lol. Black people didn't die first. I don't remember any latino's in it and there were no white guys that knew everything. Are you sure you saw this movie?

:hsughup:

dont know you but im talking about this movie :io:

poseidon_l200603271626.jpg

P

Pain

VIP
just watched training day, forgot just how good that movie was.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Training day is a quality movie - and you get to see Eva Mendes fanny.

Wanna see A Scanner Darkly - look forward to your review Line!

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I saw Clerks II, and im getting Scary movie 4.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
Just watched V for Vendetta and The white masai in the midst of watching beautiful boxer all quality movies

MexicanMuscle

MexicanMuscle

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
well just watched scary movie 4 and larry the cable guy health inspector, they were both hilarious movies!

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Flex said:
It seems like a movie for teenagers your age rather than myself.

To tell you the truth, I don't go to the movies often, so I don't always like what most kids my age do. To be fair, the target audience seemed to be teens through college age, but I'm sure nearly all ages will enjoy it. Flex, as long as you keep an open mind and don't take it too seriously, you may find yourself suprised.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
i heard scarey movie 4 wasnt as good as the third?

FOOTBALL FAN

FOOTBALL FAN

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I thiought the first 2 were quite funny but then they got shit the first one was the best

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
FOOTBALL FAN said:
I thiought the first 2 were quite funny but then they got shit the first one was the best

Fully agree.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Watching 'Doom' tonight. More brainless popcorn fodder. My visual entertainment intake has really taken a nosedive in quality of late.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Rocky said:
Watching 'Doom' tonight. More brainless popcorn fodder. My visual entertainment intake has really taken a nosedive in quality of late.
I'd say :tear:

Anyways, here's my thoughts on A Scanner Darkly:

The topic of drug movies has been a popular one for quite some time because drugs have in some way or another affected everyone's life at some point in time. Phillip K. Dick, the author of the story who also obviously had much creative control, made it a point to show that addicts are punished far beyond that of simple prison sentences; that they're punished psychologically by the government, society, and those who are trying to "fight" the cause. There is also commentary on the identity of self (or lack thereof) of an addict, as well as as where reality starts and ends, especially when examining one's self.

Scan3hl5 1

These concepts, however, are not spoon-fed to the audience and many casual movie-goers may simply be lost in the stylish animation and jokes, letting the concept go by and leave them feeling somewhat underwhelmed by the message. That being said, if one's able to maintain their attention on the entirety of the film as opposed to focusing on mere moments and wondering as to "what happens next" the closing makes for a powerful moment.

Ascannerdarklyfi8 1

A Scanner Darkly is not a typical "story" despite it being told in a fairly linear sense. It can be overly goofy or foggy at times, but these misteps are soon forgotten. This a movie that takes you in through it's exsiquite visuals and wraps you in it's world; when you leave, you realize yours isn't so much different.

Downey2bg0 1

*** out of ****

Coming Soon: Little Miss Sunshine, and The Illusionist

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice one man! :1: Looking forward to watching.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Scary Movie: 3/4 (very funny and original, even my mother laughed hard)
Scary Movie 2: 1.5/4 (a stupid movie with a few very funny parts)
Scary Movie 3: 2/4 (probably a little better than SM 2 IMO)
Scary Movie 4: N/A (never seen it and don't want to, looks horrible)

Brock Landers

Brock Landers

Flex said:
Scary Movie: 3/4 (very funny and original, even my mother laughed hard)
Scary Movie 2: 1.5/4 (a stupid movie with a few very funny parts)
Scary Movie 3: 2/4 (probably a little better than SM 2 IMO)
Scary Movie 4: N/A (never seen it and don't want to, looks horrible)
I agree, but you know what's a really great movie? Brock Landers in: Angels live in my City :hello:

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Once were warriors is an awesome movie. Gotta love jake the muss.

COOK THE MAN SOME FUCKING EGGS!!!!