• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Film Discussion and Last Movie You Watched

skid9832004

skid9832004

back door sluts 9 ....jp

Braveheart ...if any one says that sucks ill fkin kill u.....

German_Joe

German_Joe

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
maybe I should have clarified myself, I liked the dogfights and the war scenes..I thought they did a pretty good job with it. As far as the storyline, not a fan of it.

i think they did an awsome job for the visuals and sound, just didnt think the plot was strong enough. Same goes for transformers, no ammount of perfect cgi will ever cover up the crappy product placement, common sense mistakes, and masturbation jokes:keke:

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Not really.

You cannot qualify anything with absolute certainty, because beauty/art/perfection is at the eye of the beholder.
To an extent, but at the same time vision and the cognitive actions that follow it can be tracked fairly efficiently thanks to modern technology and perception of a stimuli can now be recorded on a chemical level. While in the past I would never simply side with the majority on an issue regard high-taste, here we find an exception because there are definitive boundaries to beauty and that some sort of mental illness is likely the cause when one finds very perverse things to be, in fact, beautiful.
We perceive with our senses, which only give us a biased image of what reality is. So nothing is real, we all live in a world pictured by our brain in order to live.
No, things are real. Please don't attempt any more faux Descartes.
I guess my point is that you cannot make a statement of either who`s watching or the piece itself, because both are relative. For some people I might be awesome, for some I might be a shit eater, as the movie itself could be. And for a dog it`s just a moving image that does not make any sense.
I'll start by saying you've completely shot yourself in the foot because last post I stated that cognitive responses to any type of sensory stimuli says more about the individual and you're pretty much agreeing with me. People have faulty systems, but no one with an even semi-healthy level of consciousness looks at a dog as a series of moving images. I suggest that you study the neurological system a bit because your sight only plays a much smaller role in umbilically mapping out your perceived universe than you think. Aside from that you're intermixing basic concepts of both psychology and sociology principle and unintentionally expanding your point to incorporate societal interactions and the liking of a person which goes far beyond the breadth of this conversation.
Why the FUCK did I waste so much time writing bullshit philosophy taken out of my ass.
*sigh*

I don't know.

The point is, you don't see any 5 year-old's finger paintings on display in the Louvre and with good reason. Art is subjective to an extent but almost all examples of high-art are done with a very objective mindset. There are philosophical criticisms you can bring against deep, underlying themes of a piece of art but from the standpoint of craft there is usually a right, a wrong, and an innovative elaboration of the right; pushing the art forward as a movement. There are such things as bad editing techniques, bad dialogue, poorly construed photography, etc...These things come together to make a film and below it all is, many times, some subtext that separates a film from a mere movie.

There's a docu-drama that came out in the year 2007 called Zoo and it was about people who actually fuck horses. The infamous Mr. Hands was the center of the story line, but the entire movie went out of its way via techniques of slow motion and sweeping music to almost romanticize and logically explain why these men so loved their animals. No matter how artsy the film tried to get, in the end their pitching the idea that fucking horses is okay. Too bad that's not how the real world works, nor is it how a healthy mind does. It'd be like your boss hating a presentation you made and you explaining that it being bad is just the way he perceives it and it's actually quite good. You'd be out of a job really fast.

Dante

Dante

y

The point is, you don't see any 5 year-old's finger paintings on display in the Louvre and with good reason. Art is subjective to an extent but almost all examples of high-art are done with a very objective mindset. There are philosophical criticisms you can bring against deep, underlying themes of a piece of art but from the standpoint of craft there is usually a right, a wrong, and an innovative elaboration of the right;

Actually,long time ago Ive heard of a 5yo kid whos drawing has been sold on an auction for 300 000 or so GB pounds.

Dante

Dante

Line, you know that the value of something depends upon the taste of who is watching ?

Its common belief that taste is not an arguable cathegory,but I think thats bullcrap.

There are people with good taste and people with bad taste.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Actually,long time ago Ive heard of a 5yo kid whos drawing has been sold on an auction for 300 000 or so GB pounds.
I was generalizing. Obviously there was a reason why that particular drawing went for so much.
Its common belief that taste is not an arguable cathegory,but I think thats bullcrap.

There are people with good taste and people with bad taste.
:2:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Palmetto

Palmetto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Last movie I saw was Legally Blonde don't hate. It was with my girl.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Straw Dogs (Peckinpah, 1971)

strawdogsoi4.jpg

...wow.

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
King David in my 11th grade religion class. Richard Gere...

thedon

thedon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
IRON MAN, MAY 2nd..............fucking eh!!!!

P

Pain

VIP
I watched I now pronounce you Chuck and Larry last night. Was that suppose to be a comedy movie? I didn't laugh once. Terrible.