• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Film Discussion and Last Movie You Watched

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Conversational bits on Munich...
Random RT Douche said:
Granted, he didn't handle it as well as he did with Schindler's List, but that doesn't make the material any less challenging.
There's a definitive difference between potentially challenging themes in films and films that are actually challenging. Munich failed to offer any commentarial resolution and the background story primarily served as means to explore violence producing violence. That being said, it's not a strictly profound message by any means and fails to comment on the human nature but rather emphasizes socio-political themes as motivation. There is some detailing regarding the individual spirit but the characters are very emotionally disconnected and their arcs are far too jagged to offer any real philosophical musings on the deconstruction of a man's psyche through a misunderstanding of his own motives. As I said, these could be quite insightful issues but are presented in a manner far too heavy-handed and unnecessary additions of one-liner jokes and inappropriate musical choices only further in weakening them. Some of Spielberg's decisions were sloppy and disconcerning of the issues and the attempt to try and tie in past, spirtually-related violent incidents with the attack on New York was forced and unneeded.

Also, I felt it was a simplified message and while it did take a clear stance on the issue that violence produces more violence it fails to comment beyond that. If a film makes a statement, especially such a relevant and potentially philosophical one that it should dilvulge a bit more in the form of exploration of its thematics. It's a hard topic, certainly, but I wish it would have offered more in terms of the deeper issues involved in comparison to the superficial ones. The layering of the film seems to only play as a slice of worldly events instead of dealing with any further concerns, which is a much safer approach.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Maybe we should make this the "rate the last film you watched" thread and hold deeper conversations in the Film Discussion Thread.

ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Maybe we should make this the "rate the last film you watched" thread and hold deeper conversations in the Film Discussion Thread.

good idea line, i agree. and we should all use the same rating system, like 1 - 10 or 1 - 5 or 1 - 6 or whatever.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
good idea line, i agree. and we should all use the same rating system, like 1 - 10 or 1 - 5 or 1 - 6 or whatever.
1-10 probably works the best. The main problem would be me bullying everyone and making fun of them for their tastes. :food-snacking:

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Big Ass Party CD1 (Cherokee, Olivia O'Lovely, Carmen Hayes, Sydnee Capri, Monet Devine, Mika Brown, Ayana Angel, Jada Fire, Ice La Fox, Skyy Black, Lexington Steele, Mandingo,

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
V for Vendetta - awesome
The Recruit - waste of Pacinos talent :no:
Outbreak - kept me awake but a bit bland :e5dunno:

I watched nothing but movies all weekend due to being sick, but these were the only three I'd never seen before.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
V for Vendetta - awesome
The Recruit - waste of Pacinos talent :no:
Outbreak - kept me awake but a bit bland :e5dunno:

I watched nothing but movies all weekend due to being sick, but these were the only three I'd never seen before.
I just rewatched The Recruit because it was on TV yesterday and I remembered it being much better than it is.

3/10

V gets a 6.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I haven't watched a film for ages - too busy watching Prison Break, 24 and Heroes.

Still got Chinatown to watch.

Don't know why that would interest anyone. Clearly I thought this thread was called "Last movie you haven't watched".

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
^^ I have a copy of Chinatown that I need to watch as well. :wave:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
We better get on it seeing as it is held in such high regard.
Films in English? Pah!

Next film I plan on watching is Godard's Les Carabiniers.

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
anybody seen We Own The Night ? It comes out on DVD tomorrow I think I'll rent it this weekend. :e5dunno:

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
anybody seen We Own The Night ? It comes out on DVD tomorrow I think I'll rent it this weekend. :e5dunno:
I heard mixed things from a bunch of people but a poster on RT who I really respect thought it was an excellent film. I'd take my chances on it.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't think it's meant to be all that great.

Rent 'Little Man' - that's probably brilliant.

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:49:

"bunch of 50s and 60s songs" :49:

"I realized it was a musical" :49:

I'd still like to see her tits :e5dunno:

Last edited by a moderator: