• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Film Discussion and Last Movie You Watched

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I've already heard some things. It's going to be much, much worse.

Such a shame - there's no doubting he is a great story teller and has some great ideas but seems to have lost it.

I believe he had a ton of trouble getting this one financed and getting a studio on board - if this one tanks he could really struggle for his next film. Shame.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
I haven't seen Unbreakable but I don't really consider him to be all that talented to be honest.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I haven't seen Unbreakable but I don't really consider him to be all that talented to be honest.

Sixth Sense and Unbreakable were great. UNbreakable requires more than one viewing - the 1st time is a disappointment. And whether you like his style or not he has still delivered some of the most original screen stories for quite some time.

Signs and The Village whilst disappointments still had their moments and when you take away the conceit and contrived outcomes are still quite effective in their own right.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Signs and The Village whilst disappointments still had their moments and when you take away the conceit and contrived outcomes are still quite effective in their own right.
No, they just sucked. :gaygay:

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
YOU suck! :gaygay:

The playground rules of attack!

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
M. Night Shamaylan has been in a constant downward spiral ever since Signs.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
I guess the story is because it shows what the government does when in power.
Yeah, that and it mirrors several key players of the early Soviet workings and is filled with iconic metaphors. Apparently there's several versions of the film though, none of which I've seen.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The dude tries way too hard to come up with original ideas, when he should worry about making a decent movie.

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
A bunch I've seen the past week.

10,000 B.C. (2008) - 3/10
Mean Streets (1973) - 4/10
Four Rooms (1996) - 7/10
Dr. Strangelove or How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb (1964) - 9/10
Jabberwocky (1977) - 6/10
A Good Year (2006) - 4/10
Mulholland Dr. (2001) - 9/10
Apocalypse Now! (1979) - 10/10
Splash (1984) - 6/10

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My Sassy Girl

Watched it yesterday with my girl for date night.

I can't honestly think of a time when I actually said "Hey...this 3 1/2 hour Korean Drama could be good." I believe I said "There's no way that I'm ever watching this movie while I'm alive." Yet there I was, an hour in the movie and still had no idea what was going on.

I suggest adding this to the download queue only to tell me what the hell is going on for the first hour and a half.

And Paulie, it's nice to see you agree with me on 10,000 B.C., Dr. Strangelove, and Apocalypse Now!, although when I first saw it, I though Apocalypse Now! to be too drawn out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I finally sat down and finished 30 Days of Night, for a vampire movie it was not bad. But still not a great movie overall.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
^ look who has a man crush on josh hartnet.....

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I finally sat down and finished 30 Days of Night, for a vampire movie it was not bad. But still not a great movie overall.

You should read the graphic novel online. It's a bit of a read, but it details more into the life of the vampires as opposed to the movie counterpart where it delves into the lives of the humans. You truly get a feel for both sides of the story. :xyxthumbs:

P

Pain

VIP
In The Mouth of Madness

This movie scared the shit out of me when I was little!!

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Tonka

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What about "The Blob". Anyone seen that? Scared the shit out of me when i was younger i couldn't watch the rest of the movie.