• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Film Discussion and Last Movie You Watched

Mika

Mika

Yesterday i watch the dirty dozen its a great older movie

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Watched Social Network on Sunday. Thought it was a great movie. Couldn't help but sympathise with and loath Mark Zuckerberg simultaneously. Great score as Skippy said, and an amazing script. 7/10

Watched a new Aussie film called Wasted On The Young at the local film fest tonight. Awesome movie, thrilling and twisted and enthralling. Amazing acting by a bunch of unknowns and great work by a first time director. Not due out in cinemas til March apparently. 8.5/10

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
facebook movie this and facebook movie that. really? lol

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Watched Social Network on Sunday. Thought it was a great movie. Couldn't help but sympathise with and loath Mark Zuckerberg simultaneously. Great score as Skippy said, and an amazing script. 7/10

Watched a new Aussie film called Wasted On The Young at the local film fest tonight. Awesome movie, thrilling and twisted and enthralling. Amazing acting by a bunch of unknowns and great work by a first time director. Not due out in cinemas til March apparently. 8.5/10

A friend of mine was working on that. I don't know what he was doing, but I'm guessing camera work (he wants to be a director). He also worked with Noyce on another Aussie film (as a runner for the director).

Last edited:
Mika

Mika

i just start to watch House M.D its great

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Luther
British drama with Idris Alba in the lead. Bloody fantastic.

Watchmen Ultimate (HD)
Liked this version more than the theatrical version. Probably more true to the original novel. I started watching it to make sure the file had downloaded correctly and ended up watching all +3 hours. Terrific.

Inception
Really enjoyed this film. The only thing I felt was that everything was pretty straight forward and most things were telegraphed. Visually amazing, especially the hallway scenes. Acting was good, but the dialogue left a little to be desired.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Red Eye
Quite a decent thriller, but tended towards the generic. The only thing that held this together was the two leads, Cillian Murphey (reminded me how good he was in The Wind That Shakes the Barley) and Rachael McAdams (my favourite actress ATM).

The Eiger Sanction
This movie could be summed up by "This movie has Clint Eastwood in it". I was impressed that Clint did a lot of his own stunts in this. Considering that he was doing a lot of free climbing, etc, he really was putting his life on the line. Apparently a couple of the stunt doubles/cameramen (they used them for both) died during the making of the film.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Watched Milk on the weekend and came to realise why Sean Penn got the Oscar over Mickey Rourke last year. He was fantastic. Great roles by all main actors in fact.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Watched "Lucky Number Slevin." Very entertaining movie, good dialogue, story line was interesting. I enjoyed the rabbis dialogue and outlook on things.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Zombieland
Terrific. Could have easily have been crap but managed to stay engaging and humorous. Did I mention that it has Bill Murray in it?

The Warlords
Jet Li and the stars of House of Flying Daggers in a non-martial arts action epic. I really enjoyed this film. Also one of Jet Li's best acting performances, and rightly won an award for it.

Disturbia
Unlikely, unlikeable and unoriginal. I don't know why I kept watching this the entire way through. I yeh, that's right, I wanted to see David Morse kill Shia.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP

One of the better movies I've seen

Anabolicus

Anabolicus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Religulous

Not the best anti-theistic documentary I've seen, but the comedy factor in it made it pretty enjoyable.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
No sense of humour and arrogant..lovely

You were either being facetious, in which case I was continuing your joke, or you were being serious in which case I was making the joke.

In all seriousness, I commented that visually Avatar made me love my BluRay player again and it was awesome to watch. But the entire movie was just so hackneyed and poorly done. It had major plot holes and central plot movements that were nonsensical. It hurt my head to watch because it was that bad (but good enough to keep you watching, which makes it fall into the annoying category). Thus I don't understand the love for this film.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The Expendables
Crap. Had potential and I tried to like it but it just fell flat. The performances were terrible. The only part that didn't suck was Mickey Rourke's monologue.

Taken
Actually not bad. Refreshing take on the genre.

The Tattooist
Very good little New Zealand horror film. Nothing amazing about it, but it did have some solid performances and nothing was overdone or made to feel corny.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
I wish I could watch movies beyond those I have to review. That said, my write-ups are becoming more assertive and ostentatiously pompous, though not without my usual linguistic trickery and social cognizance.